Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Magic Mushrooms Have "Spiritual Effects" in White House Study
    #5858518 - 07/14/06 04:03 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Magic Mushrooms Have "Spiritual Effects" in White House Study

Rice reacts to mushrooms
WASHINGTON (AP)—White House volunteers who took an illegal drug made from mushrooms reported “profound mystical experiences” that led to behavior changes lasting for weeks, in an experiment that recalled the psychedelic '60s.

Many of the 36 volunteers rated their reaction to a single dose of the drug psilocybin as one of the “most meaningful or spiritually significant experiences” of their lives.

“Wow, that mushroom made me feel like we are winning the war in Iraq,” said George W. Bush, the American President who was a volunteer in the study. He added, “That stuff is really great shit.”

Such comments "just seemed unbelievable," said Gus Grifter of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, the study's lead author.

He made a public offer to sell the drug to other White House staff, members of Congress and Pentagon officers so that they could try it at home, and indicated that he’d been secretly supplying it to Dick Cheney and Karl Rove for several years.

Funded by the Pentagon and US oil companies, the research was published online on Wednesday by the journal Psycho Pharmacology.

Psilocybin has been used for centuries in religious practices, and its ability to produce a mystical experience is no surprise. But the new work demonstrates it more clearly than before, Grifter said.

Even two months after taking the drug, all of the volunteers said the experience had changed them in weird ways, such as making them more warlike, optimistic and illogical. Family members and friends said they noticed a difference, too.

"I believe this is one of the most rigorously well-controlled studies ever done for the Pentagon to evaluate psilocybin and similar substances for their potential to increase a sense of spirituality and warmongering,” said Grifter.

Psilocybin, like LSD and mescaline, is one of a class of drugs called hallucinogens or psychedelics. While they have been studied by scientists in the past, research was largely shut down after widespread recreational abuse of the drugs during the 1960s, he added.

"We've lost 40 years of (potential) research experience with this whole class of compounds," he said, snorting some of the stuff in front of this reporter. “Now, with modern-day scientific methods, I think it's time to pick up this research field," Grifter shouted from a window ledge.

The study volunteers had an average age of 66. Each trip lasted eight hours. The volunteers lay on a couch in a living room-like setting, wearing an eye mask and listening to hard rock music.

Dick Cheney was so moved by his experience that he promptly purchased a 1960s VW van and had it spray painted with various anti-Vietnam war slogans and peace symbols.

He was last seen with Condoleezza Rice both heading west in the van wearing headbands and tie-dyed shirts “looking for more stuff to expand our heads,” they claimed.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTrippinTeddy
Lost Voyager
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Returning Video Tapes
Re: Magic Mushrooms Have "Spiritual Effects" in White House Study [Re: motaman]
    #5858612 - 07/14/06 04:33 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry man but this thing has been posted 109841387142380972134489723 times already.

--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Magic Mushrooms Have "Spiritual Effects" in White House Study [Re: TrippinTeddy]
    #5858617 - 07/14/06 04:38 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TrippinTeddy said:
Sorry man but this thing has been posted 109841387142380972134489723 times already.

I was going to say the same thing but then i did something you didn't - I actually read the post. :smirk:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Magic Mushrooms Have "Spiritual Effects" in White House Study [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5858625 - 07/14/06 04:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

“Wow, that mushroom made me feel like we are winning the war in Iraq,” said George W. Bush, the American President who was a volunteer in the study. He added, “That stuff is really great shit.”

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Magic Mushrooms Have "Spiritual Effects" in White House Study [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5858627 - 07/14/06 04:44 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ERROR

First it says

He made a public offer to sell the drug to other White House staff, members of Congress and Pentagon officers so that they could try it at home, and indicated that he’d been secretly supplying it to Dick Cheney and Karl Rove for several years.

then it says

Dick Cheney was so moved by his experience that he promptly purchased a 1960s VW van and had it spray painted with various anti-Vietnam war slogans and peace symbols.

DOES THAT SEEM ILLOGICAL TO ANYONE ELSE?

--------------------

Male

Re: Magic Mushrooms Have "Spiritual Effects" in White House Study [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5858633 - 07/14/06 04:45 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

No.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5858638 - 07/14/06 04:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

If Dick had been using them for several years, why would he suddenly get the urge to "promptly purchase a 1960s VW van and spray it painted with various anti-Vietnam war slogans and peace symbols"?

--------------------

Male

Re: Magic Mushrooms Have "Spiritual Effects" in White House Study [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5858645 - 07/14/06 04:48 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You're making connections the article never makes. It never says he promptly bought one now, when the article is being released, it says he was so moved by "his experience" and one could easily draw the conclusion that since it is singularly "his experience" that he bought it after the first time he tried them.

:1up:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5858652 - 07/14/06 04:51 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ur stupid

--------------------

Male

#5858653 - 07/14/06 04:51 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

omg rly?

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5858663 - 07/14/06 04:55 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:hangover:

--------------------

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #5858846 - 07/14/06 05:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

LOL @ "In white house study"

I can just picture everyone wiggling around on the floor in the oval office tripping face. :grin:

Invisiblefinding_self
Stranger
    #5860197 - 07/14/06 11:10 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

morde then is why i use it.

InvisibleTrippinTeddy
Lost Voyager
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Returning Video Tapes
    #5860417 - 07/15/06 12:26 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Quote:

TrippinTeddy said:

I was going to say the same thing but then i did something you didn't - I actually read the post. :smirk:

Yep you are correct I read the first line and thought it was the same post. My bad. Post on

Makes me feel like a big stupid dummy

--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #5860423 - 07/15/06 12:28 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

HA

did you do that Motaman?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals