Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: PowerTrip]
    #5866869 - 07/16/06 07:12 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Reality is absolute, you either see and perceive, or you don't. Awareness, however, has a multitude of levels, going from the utmost negative levels to the highest levels of perception.

A smack addict will only perceive one object in reality, and everything else will lie secondary, or as a means of getting his fix. We could call that level -7 (negative seven) of awareness. Someone heavily depressed could be -6, then someone really pessimistic could be -3, someone waking up with a hangover could be -2, and so on. 0 (zero) would be a "normal" perception of reality. On the opposite side of the equilibrium, an optimistic individual could be +1 (positive one), an altruist could be +3, a true ascetic could be +4, and someone who sees the world for it's true representation, humans as luminous beings, never indulges in internal dialogue and leads an impeccable life could be a +6. Nirvana, your internal Kingdom of Heaven within is +7.

You cannot fake reality, but with an impeccable lifestyle you certainly see more aspects of it. Think about when you wake up with a hangover, and how weak and irritable you feel. Now contrast that level of perception to say, your mood when you're tripping. Opposide ends of the spectrum, different levels of perception.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: Fospher]
    #5866882 - 07/16/06 07:14 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Reality is the total subjective viewpoint from an individual. The individual may or may not share this subjective viewpoint with others in his or her immediate sphere of influence.

Edited by MystikMushroom (07/16/06 07:15 PM)

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: Fospher]
    #5867754 - 07/16/06 10:59 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Say, I quite like that idea of reality, Fospher.  But it quantifies things that, in my rather insignificant opinion, oughtn't be quantified.  But hey, if you find merit in attaching a numerical value to altruism, then more power to you.  Drains some of the magic from it, to my mind.  But I like the whole 'reality is more clearly percieved by those more open to it's positive nature' idea.

Here's another; reality (as we are capable of percieving it) is the dried wax accumulated around the bottom of the candle of possible experience.  It fled from the intensity flame of pure being as far as it could before it's distance from the heat of that all-encompassing fire caused it to solidify, becoming rigid and fixed and limited.  These limits and borders and distinctions we experience in this life are a direct result of our distance from pure, unified being.  They don't exist when one is One, just as the laws of physics don't exist inside a singularity.  Or maybe this idea is just more  :crazy2: gibbering lunacy  :crazy2: from someone who is, in fact, talking out their ass.

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5867995 - 07/17/06 12:25 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Reality is a novel secretly written by a conglomeration of large Martian businesses in a hidden effort to increase consumer desire for expensive intergalactic products. We're all the manifestation of the mind of a particular Martian reading this novel. Yes, thats right! We live in her dear mind. Our experiences are her thoughts. The occurrence of many paranormal events is a result of her attention deficit disorder and I am her prophet.  :grin:

Edited by MushmanTheManic (07/17/06 12:28 AM)

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5868011 - 07/17/06 12:34 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Reality is the movement of energy.  :mushroom2:

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5868153 - 07/17/06 02:27 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I prefer your first one.  Heavier on the creativity  :biggrin:  :thumbup:  :biggrin:

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Invisibleblackdragon999
Mason

#5871598 - 07/17/06 11:18 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
I wanted to make a thread where everyone could add any thought or theory they have ever had concerning the nature of reality. It can be personal thought or simply expanding on any well known belief system. Short or long explanations are acceptable as I wouldn't want to limit anyone's expression. Multiple posts/theories are encouraged as well.

So, what is this?

*I am convinced that we are convinced of nothing.

*If you are capable of lying to people, chances are you lie to yourself

*If we lived our lives backwards, (dying first and then being born) I believe that we would get smarter as we got younger.

*I believe that this forum, these words and this ciggarrete in my mouth are all here because I simply wish them to be. however I'm wishing without the choice to choose.

*I believe you can define nothing, because you cannot define a definition or where it came from.

*People don't always believe what they are told, but they BECOME what they are told.

*Oreos are awesome

*Time only exists a measurment and nothing more

--------------------

Edited by blackdragon999 (07/17/06 11:24 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: blackdragon999]
    #5871625 - 07/17/06 11:24 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

your cigarette sounds yummy and those oreos are hot.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisibleblackdragon999
Mason

Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5871636 - 07/17/06 11:27 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yes I could very well make it go away but I don't want to...I'm grabbing another oreo...and a ciggarette. lol, I might as well enjoy life now that I'm believing it exists.

--------------------

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: blackdragon999]
    #5871644 - 07/17/06 11:29 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

from what i've seen and experianced..

first there is time, one moment to the next in a continous stream.

there there is space, a 3 demensional space, 1, up/down, 2, left/right, 3, back/forth.

than the five senses, sight, hear, feel, taste, smell.

than there are receptors to percieve it, brains, many many brains in many shapes and sizes and complexity/simplesity.

than there is breeding/multiplying.

and than there is death.

and than on the seventh day, God rested..

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Invisibleblackdragon999
Mason

Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: JCoke]
    #5871725 - 07/17/06 11:48 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

where is god now? he never came back to repair what has broken.

--------------------

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

#5871857 - 07/18/06 12:24 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

"where is god now?"

He doesn't believe in you. Why should he fix a reality that exists only at your behest? In fact, if those oreos and cigarettes are dependent on you for their existance, doesn't that make YOU god?

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Invisibleblackdragon999
Mason

Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: Panoramix]
    #5871932 - 07/18/06 12:49 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

indeed it doe's... not only that, but I am dependent on them for mine. That was is, it is logical that we would both be god...I am the god of the Camel... and the Camel feeds my soul. therefore being a part of me.

--------------------

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

#5871995 - 07/18/06 01:10 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

That kitty was short-lived.  So much for that reply to it...

I think it went along the lines of;

But if the camels are god because they nourish you, then everything that nourishes them is also god.  And if everything nourishing everything that nourishes you is god, then we quickly end up, via entanglement (quantum and the more mundane kind) at a place where everything is god.  And if everything is god, we might as well drop the term god for the sake of those who prefer a more limited view of divinity.  So we end up at a place where... uh oh, everything is everything?  I've gone too far, it's redundantly self-evident!

Then again, maybe the best things are...  have a penguindog.  :penguindog:

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Invisibleblackdragon999
Mason

Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: Panoramix]
    #5872199 - 07/18/06 02:39 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

The smoke itself is killing me, not only that...it IS me. In trasistive terms, I'm killing myself. My lungs are a part of me, I am not a part of my lungs...I am my lungs. So... if god is nothing but an illusion. Then lets imagine god created the universe which came from nowhere, then basicly:

the universe came from nowhere and was created by nothing.

Is god the universe, or just a part of it? Do illusion create illusions? This oreo has become a part of me too. I am not an oreo. The oreo is me. Therefore becoming god.

--------------------

OfflineIamHungry
Stranger
    #5872747 - 07/18/06 08:43 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Everything we see around us exists. If it didn't exist, human interaction would be meaningless and impossible. The names and labels we apply to those things are subjective, as is our understanding of them, but that doesn't affect the things themselves. A rock is a rock, however you want to call it, and it would still be a rock even if we didn't think so.

We may believe we are headed to a different afterlife from one another, but the undeniable fact is that we are all here together right now. Fighting with ANYBODY is only going to leave you devoid and bereft of emotional stability. A lack or deficiency in emotional stability impedes the progression of your ego through time. Thus, while competition may make us feel younger at heart for the moment, we are actually just putting off the natural maturation process. The task at hand is to understand one another, not prove each other wrong.

Life gets harder and harder every day. This is because it's just so worth it at the end. We CAN get drunk and high all the time and temporarily postpone our lives, but eventually we'll see how wasteful and ultimately futile it is to stop your older, wiser self from coming through.

--------------------
Here comes the sun, do n do do,
Here comes the sun, and I say,
It's alright...

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: IamHungry]
    #5872836 - 07/18/06 09:31 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

afterlife is really not the issue of life, is it?
Mostly it is kind of a red herring if you think about it.
Was it not proposed by those who are using conceptual slight of hand
to shift the attention of the masses, and grab maybe just a tithe, or maybe a full tax?

the issue is here and now in this wacky life.
investigating and making things better.

not those heaven hell afterlife mafias. pick any one of them and believe your money to the mafia of choice.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
    #5872982 - 07/18/06 10:48 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blackdragon999 said:
where is god now? he never came back to repair what has broken.

that's where Jesus comes into the picture ( or should I say reality?). :grin:

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

Re: Describe a version of reality. (Creativity encouraged.) [Re: JCoke]
    #5873296 - 07/18/06 12:52 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'm pretty sure it is all just the dream of a butterfly.

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #5873889 - 07/18/06 03:08 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blackdragon999 said:
*I am convinced that we are convinced of nothing.

Then you are uttering a contradiction.

Quote:

*I believe that this forum, these words and this ciggarrete in my mouth are all here because I simply wish them to be. however I'm wishing without the choice to choose.

So reality is commanded by your mere wish, and yet you can't control it? Your second sentence contradicts the first, yet again. You either command something, or you don't - you can't command under the rule of the subordinate. But if the first sentence were true, maybe next time you get a pack of smokes, instead of paying for them, you could instead manipulate reality?

Quote:

*I believe you can define nothing, because you cannot define a definition or where it came from.

While the metaphysical cannot be defined, the macroscopic physical reality is black and white. If a car is red, it cannot be black, and if it black is no longer red. It cannot be red and black at the exact same time.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder