Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineweathereporter88
Male

Shroomin in the Woods
    #4309308 - 06/17/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

My friend and I are going to get away from the city and do some camping in the mountains. We're planning on eating some cubes I grew. For those who have tripped in the woods, can you give me some tips and safety beyond the obvious. I'm not sure what specific problems can arrise out in the forest on shrooms, but it seems inevidable that some would engender. Moreso, or alternatively, I just want to hear what it was like shroomin in the woods so I can prepare for my trip.

Edited by weathereporter88 (06/17/05 10:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

Re: Shroomin in the Woods [Re: weathereporter88]
    #4309341 - 06/17/05 09:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you should be safe, maybe if there was a cliff of some sort nearby, it could prove to be a potential danger. and water/streams whatever COULD be dangerous but i doubt it, i trip at the beach and there is a train track that runs every hour like, 20 feet away from it , i never was in dander

--------------------
Marx said:
good luck with the microscopy 

:whistling:

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Shroomin in the Woods [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #4309468 - 06/17/05 10:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The mountains are a great place to trip. Most of the danger of tripping is either due to psychological problems or cops, so as long as you don't bring any with you, you won't find any in the woods.

Have fun and be safe,
DHarp

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Shroomin in the Woods [Re: harpd]
    #4309637 - 06/17/05 11:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i think you should bring a baby sitter with you so you udont do anything stupid. You can turn into a fucking animal when your trippin.

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: Shroomin in the Woods [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4309706 - 06/17/05 11:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hmm...bring a weapon ( no guns, guns are for pussies ). If you get attacked by anything or anyone, being in an defenseless inebriated state will insure your untimely demise. It helps with the paranoia that might arise too.

Other than that, bring plenty of water, and a cloth so you can lay down on the ground and stare up at the sky through the forest canopy. Walking long distances while tripping takes away from the trip and makes traveling much harder.

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#4309730 - 06/17/05 11:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

p4kSouL said:
i think you should bring a baby sitter with you so you udont do anything stupid. You can turn into a fucking animal when your trippin.

Things can tend to get "primal"...might be a better word for it. If your taking a large dose (past 2grams) I would say bring someone that can low dose on a gram or so, just to be on the safe side.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Offlineweathereporter88
Male

Re: Shroomin in the Woods [Re: Toddo]
    #4309857 - 06/18/05 12:25 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

We were both planning 4 grams each, I wouldn't trust myself with a weapon.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4309927 - 06/18/05 12:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Bring some very upbeat music.

InvisibleIsaacHunt
Stranger
    #4310124 - 06/18/05 02:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Whatever you do, do not get into a discussion with any of the trees. Particularly the oaks. Those are some smart motherfuckers.

Offlinekrin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomin in the Woods [Re: IsaacHunt]
    #4310242 - 06/18/05 06:08 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wear clothes thats cover most of your body,because most likely if your going deep into wilderness theres going to be bloodsucking bugs,and lots of them,i have experience of trying to enjoy a trip but being harassed by tonnes of black flies and mosquitos,it aint kool.

also i would advise against too much maniacal running in unknown and dense areas,branches and cliffs can be a bitch

--------------------

OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: Shroomin in the Woods [Re: krin]
    #4310258 - 06/18/05 06:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Nature is one of the best settings for trips, just bring insect repellant, a clear head and preferably a sitter. Other camping supplies too obviously, like food, water and warm clothing.

As for what it's like... it feels completely natural. Things that normally look like just inanimate objects, like trees for example, seem to come alive. You tend to feel like a visitor in the forest, everything is very warm and welcoming. When I tripped in the forest everything turned into fractals for me, tree branches looked exactly like fractals growing into and out of each other and the sounds around me seemed to turn into an actual song. It was one of the best trips I've had to date without a doubt. If you want details of what happened to me and how I felt take a quick read through the report I wrote up, with pictures =)

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
Re: Shroomin in the Woods [Re: Kodath]
    #4310439 - 06/18/05 09:10 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

take small bright flags that you can tie around branches so you can find your way back when you go exploring.

you saw blair witch project right?

Offlineweathereporter88
Male

Re: Shroomin in the Woods [Re: gema]
    #4310878 - 06/18/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for all the advice guys and I bow to Eraserhead, we need a Lynch Cult thread in the Pub or OTD.

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

#5857028 - 07/14/06 04:58 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

p4kSouL said:

yes you can, an animal thats trying to figure out what it is.
and an animal making weird noises and miming at people, jumping around in joy. :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Shroomin in the Woods [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5857085 - 07/14/06 06:01 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Nature is the best setting for tripping. All you really need to do, is use some common sense.

1. Scope out the area your going to be tripping in before you trip. If this is your first time in an area, spend some time getting to know the lay of the land before you blast yourself away.

2. Stick to trails/paths

3. Know your limits, dont do something stupid like trying to climb a tree or a cliff or something like that

4. Bring some first-aid stuff, even if its just some alch swabs and a bandaid, who knows if you may trip/fall and scrape yourself up. Best being able to deal with it then letting it sit untill your sober and home.

5. Bring food, water, juice

6. Make sure your clothes are appopiate for the weather and are comfy

I dont think there is too much extra stuff you need to prepare bfor a trip in the woods beyond what you'd normally take for camping kinda thing. Just dont be stupid

and, if your both on 4gs and /really/ out of it, know when to just 'sit back and ride it out', dont go running off into the woods exploring at the peak of the trip when it'd be really easy to get lost and/or hurt, wait untill a bit after the peak, during the peak. Sit by the camp and enjoy the view :smile:

OfflineJRichter420
Stranger
Re: Shroomin in the Woods [Re: kaniz]
    #5857111 - 07/14/06 06:31 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

shroomin in the woods is awesome. out of the 10 or so times ive had shrooms all of them have been in the woods except for 2 (once at home and once at a rave). i prefer it over anywhere else because you are alone in nature and can trip your ass off and not have to worry about the real world. day and night are both good for different reasons but i prefer night as i find it nearly impossible to have a bad trip as everything is more calm.

find a good spot and get a nice fire going. fires are amazing on shrooms. take a decent enough amount and once its kicked in nicely, find somewhere to lay down and look at the stars while listening to music through some headphones. i can almost guarantee this will send you into a nice level 5 trip, if thats what your after. i done this on a low dose and went straight from a level 2-3 to a high level 4. i was going in and out of a level 5 but didnt quite have enough to push me all the way in.

everyone else has pretty much covered what you need to know. bring heaps of water, comfy clothes, blankets if its cold, and if its summer where you are bring insect repellant.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order