Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDyingTree
Somber Fallacy
 User Gallery

Amanita (fixed)
    #5850749 - 07/12/06 12:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry about that i don't know why my last post got cut off, what I meant to say was:
I have been thinking about ordering Amanitas for awhile now from iamshaman.com, the Washington Grade A++ Amanitas. Since these are a Siberian strain and I read from a previous post that the siberian stain induces visuals, and more gives of a body high. I also read from another post that if you order them from Iamshaman.com they are already prepared, no muscimol conversion is needed. I don't know how true this is though. Either way I am going to prepare them the way that most websites say to(in the oven at 170-200F), then I am going to make a tea out of them. I heard that making them in a tea will reduce nausea. Can you please tell me how much of this is true regarding the strain, whether or not they are already prepared and how much to dose with? Thank You

--------------------
"Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window, psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally lay down models of behavior and information processes. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong, and government and society spend a lot of money educating you into being a loyal worker, consumer, debt payer and citizen."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDaybreak
Extra Crispy
Male

Re: Amanita (fixed) [Re: DyingTree]
    #5851292 - 07/12/06 04:12 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I ordered 1 oz of the Washington grade A++ Amanita muscaria from iamshaman.com this past Saturday, the 8th. They arrived to me on Monday, the 10th, which is unbelievably fast. They came in a large ziplock bag with an info label that reads:

"Traditional/Medicinal Uses: For generations, the tribal shamans of Siberia and the Pacific Northwest have ingested 1-3 caps of Amanita muscaria to enter visionary states. If it was made into tea, the water was never boiled because boiling would destroy the active components. Today, because they are not sold for human ingestion, Amanita muscaria is the ultimate addition to any ethnobotanical collection. Our "Grade A++" specimens, collected in Washington State, have been carefully dried for maximum preservation."

This was pretty limited information so I emailed them a question about how they dried their Amanita muscaria. They responded with "They are dried in the sun.". Well, that's not the method I've read about at many sites on how to prepare Amanita muscaria. Anyone that can clear this issue up would be of great help.

As for reducing nausea, I've read that smoking some pot before and during will help avoid much discomfort.

I've also read that naturally grown Siberian and Washington Amanita muscaria are pretty much the same since spores can and do travel across oceans.

I haven't taken any of my Amanita muscaria yet, but am looking forward to doing so. I'll post back afterwards.

Edited by Daybreak (07/12/06 05:45 PM)

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5851309 - 07/12/06 04:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, there...

If you buy Amanita Muscaria from iamshaman, you don't need to dry them in an oven. They are already dried. Of course, they're not for human consumption, but if you were gonna eat them, I would concur with the tea method. Start with 7 grams (quarter ounce). Just pour boiling water over the mushrooms in a cup and let sit for about 10 minutes. Then strain and add milk and honey to the tea. Have about 5 grams set aside. Wait one hour. If you don't feel anything, try the extra five grams. You can eat amanita muscaria dry, just wash it down with milk. Don't drink any carbonated beverages (or beer) with amanita muscaria.

Lets review: 7 grams, wait an hour, then 5 grams.

This is just my experience. I'm not a Soma Shaman by any means, just about 25 trips. When you feel the tendons in your wrists twitching (that's what to look for after eating the initial 7 grams), you will know that the trip is about to begin.

I have never had heavy visuals on amanita, but I doubt if the different strains have any difference in terms of visuals. For me, Amanita is an incredible mental tonic. It makes you smarter, long term, if you approach it with the right attitude. Soma is the Spirit of God.

If you want to find out about Soma (Amanita Muscaria), visit http://redangels.yage.net ... that's the web page for Hawk and Venus. Hawk is the Soma Priest, and knows more about Soma (Amanita) than anyone in the world.

Good luck.

Peace.

Hail, Soma!

Edited by BobHumboldt (07/12/06 04:23 PM)

OfflineDaybreak
Extra Crispy
Male

Re: Amanita (fixed) [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #5851442 - 07/12/06 04:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

So boiling the Amanita in water won't destroy it's active components then?

I was planning to eat a couple of the dried caps but if it's definately going to make me sick then I'll just go with the tea.

InvisibleDyingTree
Somber Fallacy
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita (fixed) [Re: Daybreak]
    #5851663 - 07/12/06 06:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I getting confused, one is saying that boiling water would destroy the active components and the other is saying to pour boiling water over the mushrooms in a cup. So as long as you don't actually put the mushrooms in a pot and boiling them it will not destroy the active components? And by pouring water that was boiled over them will not destroy the active components?

--------------------
"Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window, psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally lay down models of behavior and information processes. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong, and government and society spend a lot of money educating you into being a loyal worker, consumer, debt payer and citizen."

Offlinerazer7echo
Stranger

#5852007 - 07/12/06 07:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I just received the A+ muscaria from the same place as you. I have read a lot about preparing them but I'm a little unsure too. See, drying should be enough (they way they came, althought they aren't totally dry like brittle, there is some moister), but I think I read some places say heat it too after that too. But they also say if you heat it too much it will destroy the wrong components. I think I'm planning on taking all of the mushrooms I ordered and cutting them all up into tiny peices and grinding them so the strength will be equal and normalized throughout, then I plan on taking a very small dosage of no more than 4g, probably in warm water as tea or something and seeing if it does anything or if I feel sick. The drying should be enough, but I'm still searching to see. What do you all think?

OfflineDaybreak
Extra Crispy
Male

Re: Amanita (fixed) [Re: razer7echo]
    #5852037 - 07/12/06 07:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well whatever you do don't go asking iamshaman.com any questions, they'll just blacklist you.

Offlinerazer7echo
Stranger

#5853459 - 07/13/06 12:38 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, the iamshamn are already dried (although they are not as dry as I expected, not cracker or britle drie), but were they just sun dried or oven dried? Does sun drying convert all the poison? Do I need to oven bake them now too? Also, the package actually says that you should NOT boil them because it will destroy the active function. Does anyone know exactly how to prepare these from iamshaman? If I had to do it right now I would meausre under 4g and put in hot (non boiling) water and make a tea and see what happens. Does anyone have any experience with the way iamshaman has prepared these and how I need to prepare them? THANKS

Edited by razer7echo (07/13/06 12:49 AM)

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

#5853628 - 07/13/06 01:54 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

boil water, then take the water off the stove and pour over powdered amanitas. Add a copious amount of lemon/lime juice. Let soak for 15-30 minutes. Consume, Enjoy!

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita (fixed) [Re: passitbobbie]
    #5855831 - 07/13/06 07:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

That's right. Pour boiling water over the dried shrooms then drink the tea. I'm amazed that Amanita gets so much bad press on here, but that's ok. When I praise Hawk in the previous post, it's because I've read the book him and his wife, Venus, wrote, called: Soma Shamans. They've got a bunch of recipes for Amanita in the book. Supposedly you can boil fresh Soma for "20 magical minutes" to make tea. Hawk and Venus know. Hawk says he's eaten Amanita Muscaria thousands of times, and if you read his book, you will believe him. The recipe I mentioned is tried and true. You don't need to actually boil the dried shrooms, just -- exactly as the previous post states -- pour boiling water over the shrooms. And 7 grams initial plus 5 grams an hour later, at least for me, and I weigh about 210 lbs, is enough to get a pretty good trip. I hate to beat a dead horse, but I see posts on the shroomery where people say they eat an ounce of dried amanita, and Goddamn, that sounds like James Arthur! I guess someone could eat that much if they really want to do the time travel-ego death deallybobber, but I dunno.

click to see full-size image

(Amanita Muscaria, var. formosa -- Yellow Orange, Sun Dried for 2 weeks, da Roc, New York)

Peace

Edited by BobHumboldt (07/13/06 07:58 PM)

InvisibleDyingTree
Somber Fallacy
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita (fixed) [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #5856060 - 07/13/06 09:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

when your talking about how much to take (4grams,5grams and 7grams) are you talking about the mushrooms or the tea? Basically how many caps should be used when making the tea and how much tea should be drank? Thank You.

--------------------

Offlinebobjones
Male

Loc: Tx
    #5856535 - 07/13/06 11:48 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

this stuff sounds great...i just might order some  :thumbup:

--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

OfflineDaybreak
Extra Crispy
Male

Re: Amanita (fixed) [Re: bobjones]
    #5856710 - 07/14/06 01:08 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks alot for the information guys, that helps so much.

I have one more question. I read that Amanitas just aren't as fun, or as visual as psilocybin, is that true?

Edited by Daybreak (07/14/06 04:32 AM)

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
    #5856817 - 07/14/06 02:12 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

They are way different. If you are asking this then you must study more about them.

Offlinerazer7echo
Stranger

#5856832 - 07/14/06 02:22 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DyingTree said:
when your talking about how much to take (4grams,5grams and 7grams) are you talking about the mushrooms or the tea? Basically how many caps should be used when making the tea and how much tea should be drank? Thank You.

I have not done this before. But to answer your question it is definitely the dry weight of the mushroom in grams, not the tea. You will be using ground up mushroom so the number of caps won't be relevant even though the bag says people use 3 caps. That could be any size and you will take way too much if they are big caps. You need a scale to weigh this and check erowid.com Amanita Muscaria on the dosage button. You might want to start at or under 4grams because you don't have any idea how strong the specific shroom in your hands are since they can vary. Also you should mix them all up when you grind them so you average the strength so you will get the same strength each time. This is all advice I have read I still have not done this yet. Be careful and seriously consider having someone with you when you do this in a safe place at safe low starting dose. You can always buy more later.

OfflineDaybreak
Extra Crispy
Male

Re: Amanita (fixed) [Re: astraalialma]
    #5857005 - 07/14/06 04:37 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

astraalialma said:

They are way different. If you are asking this then you must study more about them.

I understand they're very different, I've done about 10 hours of research on Amanitas.

I'd just like an opinion here to my exact question.

OfflineDaybreak
Extra Crispy
Male

#5857011 - 07/14/06 04:42 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineDaybreak
Extra Crispy
Male

#5858537 - 07/14/06 04:09 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmm, seems like many people don't like Amanitas, but no matter.

I'm still looking forward to a new adventure :laugh:

Offlinerazer7echo
Stranger

#5863275 - 07/15/06 10:16 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I got my mushrooms from a pretty reputable online store and got their A+ line of amanita muscaria for my collection. Can you guys verify that these look like amanita muscaria as a second source?
9 Samples they sent me
Thanks.

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

#5864442 - 07/16/06 06:02 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Those look like good amanitas enjoy. Approximately how big are the caps?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals