Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Psylocybe Cambodian BRF/VERM Pf-Tek
    #5838031 - 07/09/06 08:00 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

This log does not officially start until monday when I have everything together. This log will consist of two generations, the first started from a liquid culture created from mycelium because I fucked up my first generation of jars and only have some mycelium to work with, the second generation will be more experimental and I'll use my own variation of the liquid culture Tek which I'll explain when the time comes. It should be sweet though, and if it works out, I'll have helped cultivators everywhere.

My checklist. I go shopping on monday... Think $100-$130 will cover the cost?

My money. Okay it's just a bunch of ones. I get paid sunday night or I would have had this grow log already started...

Can you guess who's handwriting that is? If you guessed Jim Carrey, you were wrong. However, if you guessed Ralph, you were dead on.

The mycelium I have to work with so I don't have to buy another syringe. Pray with me it all works out.

Anyway, starting Monday, this log REALLY starts.

EDIT: Sorry about putting this in the wrong topic. Mods please move? Thanks.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

Edited by beatnicknick (07/09/06 08:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalseAlternative
Stranger
Male

Re: Psylocybe Cambodian BRF/VERM Pf-Tek [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5838448 - 07/09/06 11:20 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Yay! I'm looking forward to it!

--------------------
"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind"
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: Psylocybe Cambodian BRF/VERM Pf-Tek [Re: FalseAlternative]
    #5839109 - 07/09/06 03:01 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

how do you already have one jar going?

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineCapless
Student
 User Gallery

Re: Psylocybe Cambodian BRF/VERM Pf-Tek [Re: mikeownow]
    #5839279 - 07/09/06 03:47 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'm jelous. The more I look into cams I want to do them. I have 4 syringes sitting around here, but I'm trying to use up all my B+ first.

--------------------
http://www.toolband.com/
"... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember, We are eternal.
all this pain is an illusion...."

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: Psylocybe Cambodian BRF/VERM Pf-Tek [Re: mikeownow]
    #5839426 - 07/09/06 04:37 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mikeownow said:
how do you already have one jar going?

I started with 12 jars but I made a real newbie mistake- I let the temps get too high (like 105) because of a heating blanket mistake, and I also had tape still covering all the holes. I already didn't have much of a dry vermiculite layer anyway, it was about a quarter of what it should have been because I had run out of vermiculite, and so after this it was a soaked vermiculite layer. To top all my first timer mistakes off, I TOOK THE TAPE OFF AND BREATHED INTO THE JARS! I wanted to increase air circulation so I blew into a few.

Anyway, those were some idiotic mistakes, but hey it was my first time and now that I've learned from my mistakes this next grow should be go very smoothly. However, some of these first timer jars did colonize quite a bit of substrate before I blew into them, and so I'll just use a sterile knife and cut a chunk out from the inside of one, h202 it, and put it in an LC using this Tek http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Forum2&Number=5238137&page=0&fpart=1

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #5839490 - 07/09/06 04:53 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

> I TOOK THE TAPE OFF AND BREATHED INTO THE JARS!

Oh my! I would go back to spores. There are many types of bacteria that are not killed by peroxide.

-FF

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: Psylocybe Cambodian BRF/VERM Pf-Tek [Re: fastfred]
    #5839509 - 07/09/06 04:57 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Do you think the bacteria would be inside the mycelium? I figured if it was already colonized the mycelium would make a shell withstanding bacteria, or the mycelium would have already died. It's really my only hope, other than using another $20 and having to wait two weeks for a syringe.

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #5839561 - 07/09/06 05:11 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Take a small sample from each of your jars near the bottom, cut the outside away and use each bit to do a new LC or G2G type transfer. You'll probably have some success with at least one of them.

You could also try some antibiotic in your LC or an antibiotic dunk for your cakes, or just see if some make it alright.

-FF

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: Psylocybe Cambodian BRF/VERM Pf-Tek [Re: fastfred]
    #5845372 - 07/11/06 12:37 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

And that's just what I'll do. My supplies are here tomorow, so more pictures up tomorow night.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #5845391 - 07/11/06 12:42 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Good luck on this project. I cant wait to see some results. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Psylocybe Cambodian BRF/VERM Pf-Tek [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #5845405 - 07/11/06 12:46 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Cambodians :thumbup:

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: Psylocybe Cambodian BRF/VERM Pf-Tek [Re: Atheist]
    #5849745 - 07/12/06 03:02 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I now I have 2 tubs with a fish tank heater warming up the water to heat the top tub, and I have my two LCs in there, ready to inoculate the other ten jars when the time is right.

I have a big fruiting chamber with a big clear bag over it, a single air pump for a fish tank pushing ait into that, and the floor is covered in perlite. I also have my thermometer/hygrometer in there and the rH appears to be 95.  The temperature is 80 and I can't get it any lower because that particular room has no AC, only a heater, and I'll even have to wait until the fall to get use out of my TiT incubater and to get the temperature right for my FC. Any suggestion on how to lower temperature? I'm contemplateing putting a thing with ice under the FC. I don't know how drastic that might be of a temperature change and I'm not sure how much of a hassle it would be to constantly add ice and empty water.

Can't I just fruit at 80?

Anyway I just have to put a shelf in my closet for the TiT, air pump, some plants (o2 for the airpump that leads to the FC) and supplies like isop., h202, verm, brf, fan, and sprayer to go (the FC being on the floor) and then I'll have my pictures of the complete set up. Then I'll case my mycobag of Koh Samui, put a piece of foil over that for a few days then put it in the FC, sterilize some jars and make my verm/brf substrate and then inoculate using 50/50 LC and h202 (I might have bacteria in my LC because there was some in my cake)

Wish me luck that all goes well and I am able to figure out this temperature problem.

EDIT: I am now on a mission for the following items:

AC- I can probably get one off my brother, if not, I'll save up to buy one. It's about time my room is cool anyway.

Shelf- Just a piece of wood, that'll be easy, the tougher part will be finding the metal pieces to hold it up.

Light- Just a plain old fluorescent light that'll go down next to my FC.  This will save me a drag of the FC across the floor to the sunlight.

EDIT: I have the A/C and I switched spots so I don't need a shelf. I screwed up my terrarium and now I'll have to buy another big clear one, fill it with all my perlite, drill one hole on each end toward the bottoms, cover three with micropore filters, have the last one with my air pump tube, which will then go into some kind of cup or bottle with h202 and water, and put my hygrometer/thermometer in there. After this transfer, I get some normal-grade vermiculite, and a light, I'll be good to go. Also I send out for a new syringe tomorow, ralphster giving me a discount because of how bad my project got screwed up.  :thumbup: Thanks Ralph. Tommorow is also when I buy this new rubbermaid, light, and verm. Should be a busy day! :smile:

--------------------

Edited by beatnicknick (07/15/06 01:39 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale