Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Widespread Panic!
    #5838068 - 07/09/06 08:32 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Me and my girlfriend, youngirl are going to see widespread panic this week in the Portland area! They are playing at a really awesome venue here called the Edgefield manor. It's this historic hotel that has been made up all psychedelic by Mc Minneman's. We are both REALLY excited. Has anybody caught their tour yet this summer?

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoungirl
smile.
Female
Loc: Portland area.
Re: Widespread Panic! [Re: nicechrisman]
    #5841721 - 07/10/06 09:09 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Two days to go!!!!!
hope the news is wrong about the rain....wouldn't be the first time! :smile:

--------------------
When you come to the edge of all the light you know...and you are about to step off in to the darkness. Faith is believing one of the two things will happen...there will be something solid for you to stand on or you will learn to fly.

OfflineShattrdHarlequin
Stranger

Re: Widespread Panic! [Re: youngirl]
    #5841971 - 07/10/06 10:58 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I saw them play Red Rocks..... they played good..... it was Panic....
Not my favorite.... but still always a good show

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#5841978 - 07/10/06 10:59 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I saw them last year up at the gorge. It was wicked!!!!!

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Widespread Panic! [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #5842198 - 07/10/06 11:58 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Of the 8 times I have seen Panic, there was only one concert I didn't walk out of.

Their shit has gotten so tired that even the hardcore spreadheads have to wait until the lyrics begin before they can chart it on the playlist.

"so like dude..... they did this wicked climb to safety sandwich with a space wrangler teaser..... like OMFG dude.....".

Re: Widespread Panic! [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #5842223 - 07/10/06 12:09 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I hang out with a lot of dudes that do that. But not just spreadheads,deadheads,phishheads, and some just do it to every band they like.

I hardly pay atention to their rambelings......

I know what you mean by played out. I didn't get the energy from them at the Gorge, I enjoyed the Gorge itself though.

Offlineyoungirl
smile.
Female
    #5842282 - 07/10/06 12:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hopefully they will be feeling good in there music, singing at such a beautiful and soul filled place.

--------------------
When you come to the edge of all the light you know...and you are about to step off in to the darkness. Faith is believing one of the two things will happen...there will be something solid for you to stand on or you will learn to fly.

#5842291 - 07/10/06 12:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It was good it was definetly good. I found myself perched on a rock just chillin n watchin, instead of my normal dancing my face off.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
    #5842457 - 07/10/06 01:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Panic needs to get rid of George. He...I want to say sucks, but that isn't the right word. He's a great guitarist, but he is not the best choice for Panic, imo. When Mikey first passed away, George was trying to copy his style and that was great! The shows still sounded like the WSP that I knew and loved. Then, he started to integrate his own twangy, deedle deeedle dee style and the shows have taken a turn for the worse, ever since. I will still go and see them, but I get disappointed alot.

I have some good friends that are die hard Panic fans and they still are, even after the decline. It's sucks, too, because I want to go and kick it with them because they are great and wonderful people, but damn! They need to start going to STS9 shows.:grin:

--------------------

:murray:

Re: Widespread Panic! [Re: blissedout]
    #5842576 - 07/10/06 02:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
They need to start going to STS9 shows.:grin:

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#5842583 - 07/10/06 02:03 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:yesnod::dancing:

--------------------

Offlineyoungirl
smile.
Female
    #5843033 - 07/10/06 03:55 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

My boyfriend rented a movie so we could listen to some more recent stuff of theirs and found it pretty enjoyable.

--------------------

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #5843234 - 07/10/06 04:41 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
They need to start going to STS9 shows.:grin:

IMO WSP kills STS9, soundtribe's jams never really go anywhere unexpected. They have this build up than they go into some ambient jam for 10 minutes then back up and down, it all sounds the same to me. Granted they have a VERY cool and UNIQUE sound, but their jams just don't do it for me for some reason.  :tongue:

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#5844638 - 07/10/06 10:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

youngirl said:
My boyfriend rented a movie so we could listen to some more recent stuff of theirs and found it pretty enjoyable.

What band are you talking about? I'm confused. :confused:
Quote:

Cubieman420 said:
IMO WSP kills STS9, soundtribe's jams never really go anywhere unexpected. They have this build up than they go into some ambient jam for 10 minutes then back up and down, it all sounds the same to me. Granted they have a VERY cool and UNIQUE sound, but their jams just don't do it for me for some reason.  :tongue:

I like to see the different views, because I know that some people don't dig them at all, but to each their own. WSP owning STS9 in today's day and age, though? I beg to differ. You should listen to all of sts9's shit in order of appearance and then listen to WSP's shit in order and you will/should see what I mean. If you don't, then oh well. Whatever.

--------------------

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #5845118 - 07/10/06 11:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I guess I meant in general, new and old Panic. But I would still rather listen to new panic then any Sountribe. But like you said...whatever, we can't ALL enjoy the same band the same way.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

Re: Widespread Panic! [Re: Cubieman420]
    #5846108 - 07/11/06 08:31 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I've never seen STS9, was gonna see them at shakedown fest last year, but it got cancelled.

--------------------

John C. Lily

Offlineyoungirl
smile.
Female
    #5846141 - 07/11/06 08:50 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

My boyfriend and I was on our way and almost to the shake down bout two miles away we see the canceled sign and our jaws dropped! We were all ready to camp out and listen to the good line up. But we didn't come as far as some people,people drove from new Jersey..people were let down all over...But ended up having a cool time camping in other spots and every one was re-naming it the shake-up.

--------------------

Offlineyoungirl
smile.
Female
    #5846150 - 07/11/06 08:52 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I was talking about the recent Widespread Panic stuff, sorry I was not clear. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Male User Gallery

#5847835 - 07/11/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I really think it's kinda sad that our scene has degenerated to a bunch of people talking about "this band is awesome, that band sucks"etc. The jam scene should be about love, and everyone grooving together and having a great time. Who cares what band is better than what? It's all just personal opinions.

I think that one of the great things about Phish and GD not being around anymore {now don't get me wrong, because I love them both} is that there is now this opportunity for all of these different smaller bands to have their own glory and following. We shouldn't reduce this great thing to a bunch of petty squabbling.

How bout "wow, I'm really excited for you, have a great time!"? I do appreciate the frank responses, but come on now. Where's the love?

--------------------

John C. Lily

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #5848438 - 07/11/06 07:58 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
I really think it's kinda sad that our scene has degenerated to a bunch of people talking about "this band is awesome, that band sucks"etc. The jam scene should be about love, and everyone grooving together and having a great time. Who cares what band is better than what? It's all just personal opinions.

I think that one of the great things about Phish and GD not being around anymore {now don't get me wrong, because I love them both} is that there is now this opportunity for all of these different smaller bands to have their own glory and following. We shouldn't reduce this great thing to a bunch of petty squabbling.

How bout "wow, I'm really excited for you, have a great time!"? I do appreciate the frank responses, but come on now. Where's the love?

Yeah I agree 100% but everyone is guilty of hating on certain bands they dislike I guess it all comes down to that age old saying if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Im a hipocrite of that and I get mad when people diss what I like :shrugs:

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order