Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

The most hidden secret insider-truth about bad Salvia experiences finally revealed!
    #5845922 - 07/11/06 06:08 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WHEN IT IS TOO INTENSE, YOU TOOK TOO MUCH

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, that is all there is to it. Check just about all the "salvia sucks" threads. People wail how horrible it was to give birth to their livingroom couch, but the thought that they took too much doesn't occur to them, nor to most of the respondents.

With most people, the intenser Salvia becomes, the weirder it becomes and the weirder it becomes the more likely it is to get weirded out and really uncomfortable.

People don't see the simple fact that they took too much because they did not get the effects they desired. Other effects however were way too strong. Usually this means that you want the drug to do stuff which isn't in its nature and refuse to accept the drug. This is a classic setup for a bad trip and is the result of lack of research and misinformation/misconceptions.

Breakthrough.
People echo over and over that you must "breakthrough" on Salvia to enjoy its effects. Nothing could be further from the truth. A "breaktrough" means nothing more than effectively ingesting a lot of Salvinorin in a short time. And, to be redundent: Getting too high on Salvia is very uncomfortable for most people. So all this talk of getting "breakthrough" only sets up n00bs for very unpleasant experiences. Salvia is not DMT. With DMT many people "need" the breakthrough in order to receive benefit, with Salvia it sets many people up for a violent transdimensional jolt. Snap out of the Pipe dream: Salvia is no "Legal DMT" so the sacramental laws of DMT do not apply.

You need a huge rip with a welding torch of 100x Extract, the smoke must be held in until your anus bleeds.
Bitch, please :rolleyes: A common lighter or match flame is more than sufficiently hot to vaporize the Salvinorin. Too hot a flame can even burn much of the salvinorin in mid-air. It is true that Salvia should be smoked in one or two inhalations to be maximally effective. It is true that such a toke should be large.. But.. It is NOT true that you need a huge amount of Salvia because then you likely end up with using too much, and we get to read another "Sally Sux" thread.
Desirable amounts of properly inhaled Salvinorin for most people range between 0.125-1.25 miligrams of Salvinorin, typically 500mcg. Because leaves on average contain 2.5mg/gr, these effects can be had from correctly smoking 0.05-0.5 grams of dried leaf, typically 1/5 gram.
The typical amount computes to 40mg(5x) 20mg(10x) 10mg(20x) of extracts. As you can see with Salvia 10x Extract it is just a wisp of smoke, not a cone stuffed with the twentyfold thereof. If you hold the smoke for 20 seconds, you will get almost all of the effects of your toke and even if you hold it for 10 you would get a lot.

Then, to end this rant, a piece of great Salvia advice:

Close your eyes and open your mind

Which is key, because moderate doses of Salvia are many times more interesting when you close your eyes and let go of all prejudices about what it should be like. If you want to have your effects highly impressive with open eyes you need to smoke a lot more and then, you guessed it, you are in the doserange where its likely to get the transdimensional shock only few of us really appreciate. It is aloso far better to advance by repeated moderate doses than to take single high doses, for understandable reasons.

All this wrong use gives Salvia a bad name, so I hope this will help things a bit. If my semi-sarcasm offends you, you probably need to alter your smoking habits :wink:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
Re: The most hidden secret insider-truth about bad Salvia experiences finally revealed! [Re: Asante]
    #5845930 - 07/11/06 06:15 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I am glad you made this post.Now when more redundant threads pop up,that can be misleading,we can just link to this thread.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Nice post and wonderful info.

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The most hidden secret insider-truth about bad Salvia experiences finally revealed! [Re: Asante]
    #5845936 - 07/11/06 06:20 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I never thought of ranting
in order to explain,
but you have managed quite excellently in this medium,
and tossed out a beneficial guidance at the same time.

bravo!

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The most hidden secret insider-truth about bad Salvia experiences finally revealed! [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5845939 - 07/11/06 06:24 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Now when more redundant threads pop up,that can be misleading,we can just link to this thread.

By all means, please do. It's staggering how often these mistakes are made and propagated.

btw your sig is in babelfishy German!
"Commmand I Sie, zum der Electrode jetzt freizugeben!" should be:
"Ich befehle dich, Electrode sofort wieder rein zu lassen"
Bad taste is one thing, bad grammar another :wink:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #5845957 - 07/11/06 06:49 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

n0 wAyz i t00kz 100x 3 hits and it suX0red, SALY D IS TEH GHEY

(joke)

edit: i notice a certain thread is missing now. my assumptions and opinions about which ideas are off limits is correct?

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/11/06 06:52 AM)

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
    #5846061 - 07/11/06 08:08 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you for this!

It was needed.

OfflineDr_Mcgillicuddy
Stranger

Re: The most hidden secret insider-truth about bad Salvia experiences finally revealed! [Re: truekimbo2]
    #5846064 - 07/11/06 08:09 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yea this is a good thread to have made

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

#5846117 - 07/11/06 08:35 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:handth: :schoolsout: It really is something that's good to ease in to.  Start with smaller doses and build your way up if you want a huge crazy experience.  Just like all drugs :penguindog:

InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

Loc: TX
Re: The most hidden secret insider-truth about bad Salvia experiences finally revealed! [Re: thatiAM]
    #5846277 - 07/11/06 10:00 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by Flop Johnson (07/31/11 10:33 PM)

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #5846306 - 07/11/06 10:11 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I've gotta disagree. There are 2 salvia experiences. Non breakthrough, and breakthrough.
Non breakthrough was nice, it seemed to heighten the colors of nature. Breakthrough's tended to be the most terrifying, and interesting experiences of my whole life.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The most hidden secret insider-truth about bad Salvia experiences finally revealed! [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #5846319 - 07/11/06 10:15 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

lsd and shrooms are pretty well known to act mostly upon the serotonin pathways,
salvia is suspected to act indirectly on those pathways as well as others via KOR (somehow).
i.e. it is a broader spectrum.

they are all are kinds of spirit medicine,
some people want all their medicine sweeter.
people into opiates (i do not call salvinorin an opiate at all) find lsd and shrooms too bitter.

I think you get a bit of a spectrum spreading when you go from left to right, also a kind of reduction of sweet
Code:

coke - opium - marijuana - lsd delysid - salvia
speed - heroin - hashish - mushrooms - ahuasca
ecstacy - ecstacy-ecstacy - various rc's
crack - morphine- thc - mescalein - ?

the vertical channel is totally artificial
but what I am trying to say is that some drugs
provide a very narrow spectrum of effects and I have them more to the left.
the more interesting ones are to the right
I might be upside down but I like lsd best too and salvia is just fine but less sweet for sure.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The most hidden secret insider-truth about bad Salvia experiences finally revealed! [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #5846363 - 07/11/06 10:30 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Im sure I will get attacked for this, but whatever someone has to take the opposition

Your opinion is biased by you having taken a towering overdose of Salvia, so heavy a dose that you got flashbacks because of it. Please read my reply in your thread.

Quote:

I've gotta disagree. There are 2 salvia experiences. Non breakthrough, and breakthrough.
Non breakthrough was nice, it seemed to heighten the colors of nature. Breakthrough's tended to be the most terrifying, and interesting experiences of my whole life.

Please note the *most* here!
For *most* people Salvia intensity and unpleasantness go hand in hand but others, like redgreenvines and yourself, these states can be very rewarding. Sheer dose is also important, I believe redgreenvines gets his full Level 6 well below 1 milligram (am I right?) while many newbies use absolutely beastly amounts of Salvia.

The worst I have seen is some poor guy who allegedly smoked one gram of 15x in a bong, which is one hundered interesting doses to redgreenvines or me.

I'm not saying high doses should not be used, but they should be used with extreme care by the select few for whom the benefit outweighs the mental cost. And then, still, you probably will hover around the 1mg mark.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineKras
Male User Gallery

#5846390 - 07/11/06 10:40 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Damn it, Ron... you are stubborn as hell.

About breakthrough. Drawing, imagination or mediation are enough to induce vision below "breakthrough" Voyage level. I also get the sensation that people don't know how to use this herb.

--------------------
enjoy life!

InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

#5846404 - 07/11/06 10:49 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

Im sure I will get attacked for this, but whatever someone has to take the opposition

Your opinion is biased by you having taken a towering overdose of Salvia, so heavy a dose that you got flashbacks because of it. Please read my reply in your thread.

I have smoked salvia like five times since then, at lower doses it doesn't do much and when I do break through its just discomforting - I don't freak out or anything it's just not enjoyable. AND it's not because I am flashing back to the first time. Salvia just is not that cool.

Offlinemellowrubberduck
NDE on 7/8/06
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
    #5846462 - 07/11/06 11:04 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Boy, I don't even know which Salvia thread to post in anymore, they're all pretty much the same exact thing.

Wiccan hit the nail on the head. I tried fly agaric over the weekend (Saturday) and ate 12 grams of it. Two hours after dosing I fell flat on my fucking face on the sidewalk and blacked out. Somebody called 911 and the police came. This is when my trip to the spirit world happened. I don't want to go into detail with the topic being Salvia, but I'll just say that this wasn't the most pleasant of all my trips. Clearly I overdosed, especially for my first time. But this doesn't mean I want it made illegal and rule the mushroom out as *evil*. The same goes for when I overdosed on my threeday morphine binge. You can't just expect something from a drug, and if it doesn't happen, quit altogether and make a final judgement call. Once you know more about it and put the past aside, I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy it.

Oh, and all this talk about measurements, does anybody else kind of just eye the amount they smoke? I always get 10x and put a pinch into the bowl. It ends up being no more than I can get in one hit. Eh, numbers just confuse me I guess.

Great topic!

Invisiblepoboy
On the bounce
Male

Re: The most hidden secret insider-truth about bad Salvia experiences finally revealed! *DELETED* [Re: mellowrubberduck]
    #5846645 - 07/11/06 11:55 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: d

--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

Re: The most hidden secret insider-truth about bad Salvia experiences finally revealed! [Re: poboy]
    #5846686 - 07/11/06 12:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by Flop Johnson (07/31/11 10:33 PM)

Offlineavapxia
Stranger
Male

#5846714 - 07/11/06 12:15 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The problem is that smoking "too much" is such a subjective thing. I like to take huge rips, because i think getting giggly on Salvia is a real waste of extract.

I guess if you aren't looking to trip you can take one or two small hits out of a pipe using a match.

Now if your reverse tolerance is up, that's a whole different story.

Invisiblepoboy
On the bounce
Male

Re: The most hidden secret insider-truth about bad Salvia experiences finally revealed! *DELETED* [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #5846757 - 07/11/06 12:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: d

--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

Re: The most hidden secret insider-truth about bad Salvia experiences finally revealed! [Re: poboy]
    #5846770 - 07/11/06 12:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

poboy said:
Quote:

MoeRon said:
Quote:

poboy said:
Why don't people just get a mg scale when doing drugs that call for them.I'm poor as hell and i got one that cost me 50.00 with shipping and its good to 1 mg.I test it each and every time i use it.

Probably because that is $50 extra for something that you will only use a couple of times.

Thats very short term thinking.You can always resell a good scale.I guess you think your mind isn't worth 50.00

Yeah thats probably what I'm thinking. I wouldnt spend $50 to save my brain. Would you spend $5,000 to buy a scale that can weigh micro-grams for LSD?
WHY NOT??
It must be because you hate your brain and you dont care how much you dose yourself with!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order