Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetappuck
journeyman
Final Report - Myco Equadoreans - Trip Report
    #581616 - 03/17/02 06:32 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

This is a semi-final report regarding my success with the 5 myco bags. You can see photos of the big first flushes (147g wet) from the early bags here:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/newreply.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=574418

They are all having second and third flushes. The strain I used was Equadorean. I injected each bag with 2 ccs. Here's my harvest record so far. These aren't all separate flushes. Sometmes I just remove the mature mushrooms and leave others to keep growing. I injected on January 28th, The first two bags yielded 147g wet each on March 1 and 2. On the other hand, bag 5 didn't yield anything until March 16th. Here's the record to date (wet weights):

Bag 1 - 147g
Bag 2 - 147g
Bag 3 - 92g
Bag 4 - 37g
Bag 3 - 37g
Bag 4 - 17g
Bag 3 - 9g
Bag 1 - 32g
Bag 2 - 32g
Bag 4 - 67g
Bag 5 - 42g
Bag 3 - 42g (just 5 min ago - photo below)

Total so far: 691g

As I look in the bags (re-taped all to hell from so many openings and closings), I can see a few dozen more small mushrooms on the way. Although, Bag 1 and 2 look pretty spent.

I'm at about 85 grams dried.

So, yesterday I was with my wife and 4 friends at a BBQ. It was a nice sunny day, but a bit windy and cold. We were sitting outside eating, trying to stay in the fading sun. None of us had any plans for that evening, so when my sister-in-law said, "you want to shroom tonight?" I replied, "well, we don't have anything else planned." Everyone else was up for it and it had been a month since we last did it, so after the BBQ, we drove over to our house. The last time we had the Mazatapecs, 3 grams each, and it was a fun, laughing experience that lasted about 4 hours. Only one of us had any visuals but all had an all over body buzz. Going on the great dosage advice from the thread link above, I suggested we increase the dose by 1 gram to 4. I was very disappointed that in my first two trips, I had no visuals. We ground up 24g and everyone took 4. It was much slower coming on than the Mazatapecs. Everyone got a little cold, so we turned up the heat. My sister-in-law (who was the only one to have visuals last time), started to report visuals. I laughed and said, "Dammit, I grew these damn things - I want visuals!" Turned out, I was only about 10 minutes behind her. Many rooms in our house are painted in a faux-finish style with a blending a colors washed across the walls. The colors started to move in out with incredible depth. A box of Puffs Plus with dragonfly patterns on it started moving - the wings would shimmer and run. Flower photos on our wall looked 3D with flouresce. We sat around the kitchen talking and laughing uncontrollably. Someone tried to do a mathematical proof (pythagorean thoream) and only succeeded with help from another. Half of us managed to go for a short walk outside. It was a clear night and stars were rather incredible. The other half couldn't get out the door because they were laughing too hard/loudly.

All in all, the comparison of 3g of Mazatapecs to 4g of Equadoreans is off the chart. I kept thinking I was plateauing and suddenly I'd be off on another ride. Finally, about 5.5 hours later, I knew things were relaxing and I came down pretty quickly. The visual lasted right up to the end, it seemed. It was a totally exhausting trip, mostly from the insane amount of laughing. I slept 11 hours, got up and ate, and took another hour nap, but now I feel completely refreshed. I'd compare it to a heavy night of drinking (which I rarely rarely do), but without the hangover the next day. Here are my notes to take away:

1. We started too late. We ate the shrooms around 7 or 7:30. When I came down at 1:30am, I was physically exhausted from laughing and from how late it was. I'd also like to be able to see the outside during daylight.

2. Was it the dose or the Equadoreans that made this trip so much different?

3. Plan ahead. Get a good nights rest the day before.

Thanks again for all the suggestions in that other thread. I think we all had a good experience because of the friendly information that is shared here.

I'll post again here to report final wet/dry weight counts as the bags finally peter out.

Thanks,

Tappuck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetappuck
journeyman
Re: Final Report - Myco Equadoreans - Trip Report [Re: tappuck]
    #582375 - 03/18/02 01:23 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

Anyone think it was the dose or the type of mushroom that made such a difference?

Tappuck

Offlinesocalshroomer
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
    #582428 - 03/18/02 02:28 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

Congrats, man, on a very sucessful experiment. I'd like to hear some more though from people who's bags have gone to hell. Haha

-SoCal

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: Final Report - Myco Equadoreans - Trip Report [Re: socalshroomer]
    #582622 - 03/18/02 05:45 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

anytime a bag goes bad socal sporeworks has stepped up to the plate and replaced them. They give good customer service in my opinion.

--------------------

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Final Report - Myco Equadoreans - Trip Report [Re: SouthernGent]
    #582674 - 03/18/02 06:52 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

well...out of 8 bags my friend has, 7 are doing good. one of them however was totally consumed by green mold 3 days after incolulation. do you think sporeworks will replace my friends bag? that'd be nice.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #583233 - 03/19/02 10:32 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

It was the dose and the strain Eq's are kick ass i really  like mazataoec's too but haven't tried the ones being offered by sporeworks. The maza's I tried came fromTheHawksEye and were semi sporeless. Thats why I don't have the strain any more. i'll know soon if sporeworks strain is as good :smile:

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #583260 - 03/19/02 10:51 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

From my experience, 1 gram can make quite a difference. But there are definitely diferences between the strains besides the dosis.

Offlinetappuck
journeyman
Re: Final Report - Myco Equadoreans - Trip Report [Re: Anno]
    #584281 - 03/20/02 01:38 PM (22 years, 14 days ago)

Thanks, I appreciate the responses. I ordered some more Ecuadorean syringes from sporeworks. I definitely want to grow more of those!

Tappuck

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
    #584454 - 03/20/02 04:40 PM (22 years, 14 days ago)

damn you bloody Aus customs!
They look like impressive weights there tappuck! :wink:
....my recent totally pathetic jar attempts make me wish i could get hold of some of those bags....... :mad:

Offlinetappuck
journeyman
Re: Final Report - Myco Equadoreans - FINAL [Re: tappuck]
    #603267 - 04/09/02 11:38 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Here's the final final report. All bags contents are out in the compost heap.

Bag 1 - 147g
Bag 2 - 147g
Bag 3 - 92g
Bag 4 - 37g
Bag 3 - 37g
Bag 4 - 17g
Bag 3 - 9g
Bag 1 - 32g
Bag 2 - 32g
Bag 4 - 67g
Bag 5 - 42g
Bag 3 - 42g
Bag 5 - 32g
Bag 5 - 37g
Bag 2 - 17g
Bag 4 - 12g
Bag 4 - 7g
Bag 3 - 12g
Bag 5 - 7g (one mushroom grew even after I turned the heat off).

Tappuck

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: Final Report - Myco Equadoreans - FINAL [Re: tappuck]
    #603327 - 04/09/02 01:00 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Almost 3 dry oz for 5 bags.. w/syringe price included I d say a good 75 bucks spent. That is also similar to the results i ve been experiencing... some bags will out fruit others for no apparent reason. I had bags that took 45 days to fruit but then after aired and misted fruited every week for a month. I look forward to your future research reports tap.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder