Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagicRooms
Hunter & Collector
Male

Loc: Australia
Australian Shroomers
    #580849 - 03/16/02 08:09 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If you live in Australia and wish to make yourself known please post up some details about the following.

(1) I go Hunting for Shrooms.
(2) I Grow Shrooms.
(3) I am just interested in Shrooms
(4) I would rather not give any details.
(5) I think we need a web site for Australian Shroomers.

PS. I am very interested in shrooms and go hunting regularly, I have never grown shrooms and would like to receive and send details via private messages. I think that a down under shroom web would be a great idea and would help in any way possible to get it up and running.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: MagicRooms]
    #580861 - 03/16/02 08:24 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Mystical Mycology Australia when it was up was a great site for info on aussie natives and domesticated cubensis - orientated towards cultivation.
I do believe we need a site with quality hunting info and info on australian native psilocybes as they are particularly understudied. Mjshroomer's writting provides a good idea, but we need a site that can be created covering all known findings of these mushroosm, relative potency and fruiting characteristics - and above all pictures.
I am a shroom hunter above all else, but i also enjoy cultivating psilocybe cubensis (ive grown B+, Lipa Yai, Tasmanian, Treasure Coast, ecuador, mazatapec, Golden Teacher, PF Classic, Ko Samui, Puerto Rican and PES Amazonian) as well as one variety of Pan/Copelandia Cyanescens and im trying to cultivate Ps.Australiana.
Ive found hunting about four varieties of Psilocybe Subaeruginosa, Ps. Australiana (IDed by a Botantist), Ps.Cyanescens and an unknown psilocybe of lesser potency.
Im organising a massive weekend hunt this autumn in melb. for those who are interested please pm me.
I also have a friend who found a possible Ps.Seminanceata (liberty caps)

--------------------

Edited by Zen Peddler (03/16/02 08:27 PM)

OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
    #582487 - 03/18/02 03:38 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I hunt/grow and I'm working on a website at the moment (although it has taken a backseat this last fortnight due to work obligations :frown: )  I think that a website is really needed for Aussies and as you say blumeanie, we need pics.  There is a lot about Australian fungi that is still unknown and I think this adds to the excitement (as well as the danger.)  Mjshroomer's Aus mushroom info is good but I'm sure that we can come up with something more up to date and localised.  There seems to be a growing interest in the idea of an Aussie website and if we all stick to our guns, something has to happen. 

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
    #583039 - 03/19/02 04:01 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think an aussie site would be an excellent idea - especially for those who find it hard to track down the wild stuff for want of like-minded friends and/or knowledge......

I have grown in the past with although not with a massive amount of success, and have only seen wild shrooms that others have found -weren't picked locally anyway......An aust site would be great for sharing info pertaining to this country :smile:

InvisibleMagicRooms
Hunter & Collector
Male

Re: Australian Shroomers *DELETED* [Re: MagicRooms]
    #583869 - 03/20/02 01:04 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by MagicRooms

OfflineOLD_NEWBIE
journeyman
    #583919 - 03/20/02 04:06 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hi all,
An oz site would be great.
There is a new oz site online but not much info there yet as it doesn't have many members yet. http://www.ethnobotany-australia.net/
Check it out.

OfflineKindnug
Male
Loc: Midwest, Go Bears
    #583922 - 03/20/02 04:08 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I am a huge supporter!!! Go AU!! I would trade the Chicago climate, shit the whole enviornment here in general for Australia. Especially Sydney, I hope to get out there within 4 or 5 years to do some mountain biking for 2 or 3 weeks. I want to spend at least a week or so in the middle of nowhere where the Aboriginis live; the kind of untouched shit that looks so damn brutal in pictures and on t.v. Do they have helicopers that take you out there??? Just kidding, I hope to be able to afford one of those swank mountain bike tours by then. The have some no bullshit rad fucking tours with 4 star chefs that cook authentic yet current campside meals and shit for every meal; plus then you've got the first aid and people to cart your luggage (drugs mostly, 2 ounces ganja, 1 ounce fine mushrooms) around. You can go hog wild and wreck yourself and feel confident you'll live, what more can you ask for? Anways, being a bit after 4:20 an all I'm ranting a bit, I better get on track quick. I want to ask a question of the growers/shroom hunters in Australia. Hard to start but here goes. Even though I've never seen Zhukov I practically know him already and consider him a friend. I've wanted to hook him up with a couple of cases of jars and some sets of replacement rings and bands; but I don't want him to go through the trouble of getting a money order and shit..... I really don't want money, I was hoping to get something shroomy and authentically AU in return to tell you the truth!! And not something that you can buy from a supplier, I want something new and authentic!So this is a plea for both Zhukov and I; we need someone near Sydney that is proficient in both printing and finding wild mushrooms. Either that or we maybe get lucky and someone here already has a p. cubensis strain around that they're working on? Hell there is Aussie and Tazmanian that the spore suppliers here sell, any of you have a local cubensis strain that you'd like to see worked on? I will be starting my agar work in a big way this week, I would love to have a totally wild strain to work on while I'm doing the others. Can any of you help a fellow Australian (Zhukov) to barter for a new supply of a 1 or even 2 dozen jars and 2 sets of spare parts? And help an American to a new long term domesticated Australian cubensis? I am very willing to have a good extremely difficult and long term project to work on in culture form. I would work on something for 4 or 5 years even if I saw it had potential. Can anyone help in AU? Thanks for your time, love your country and hope to see a lot of it in the near future!!

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: Kindnug]
    #583986 - 03/20/02 07:11 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey thanks for trying to help out in this way, kindnug....

I'm not exactly proficient in anything at the moment, but I seem to be able to fuck up substrates like I've been born to it lately!
.....If anyone more experienced would like to send some aussie strains to a enthusiastic and dedicated grower and spread them further that would be great.....;)

(oh yeah, i'd send $ of course)

And with that extrememly healthy exchange rate (just think of your money doubling!) I reckon you'd be able to get into some shit-hot outback tours......you probably even get to choose to be bitten by 'a snake of your choice.....'! lol

Edited by zhukov (03/20/02 06:10 PM)

Offlineazzid
Neuro Engineer
Loc: Sydney AUS
Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: zhukov]
    #584587 - 03/20/02 07:31 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Guys.  I'm in Sydney, I've just become interested in shrooms over the last year or so and am starting a small grow project at the moment.  Never been hunting as I wouldn't know where to start, but I would certainly be interested in having a look around Sydney, Blue Mountains etc. if anyone knows some good spots :smile:
I think an Aus Shroom community site would be great - would be happy to help in any way that I can... 

--------------------
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of shrooms" - All posts are fictional - Read at your own risk

OfflineMrJingles
journeyman
Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: azzid]
    #586081 - 03/22/02 05:22 AM (22 years, 30 days ago)

I'm Australian, and I love to hunt, grow, consume and research this wonderful gift of nature.. :-)
I've just recently moved to W.A. and am planning my first hunt for Gymnopilus purpuratus. Any info about it's potency or it's pros/cons would be greatly appreciated..
Thanx everyone.
Mr.Jingles..

--------------------
Giggidy giggidy boom boom boom

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: MrJingles]
    #586556 - 03/22/02 04:51 PM (22 years, 30 days ago)

Purpuratus: According to Stamets it is weakly to moderately potent - .23% psilocybin, .21%psilocin and .03%baeocystin. However it is commonly believed that they Gyms contain a variety of unidentified alkaloids with unknown effects. One bioassay of Gymnopilus spectabilis reportedly had the effects of causing priapism (prolonged erection) for three full days!!
Gyms are easy to cultivate, so if you find any, make sure you pass around some clones

--------------------

OfflineKefkaX
Vice President.No, wait.*Junior* VicePresident!

Loc: Sydney Australia
    #587121 - 03/23/02 07:09 AM (22 years, 29 days ago)

I'm in Sydney. I became interested in mushrooms after I found a couple of copelandia cyanescens growing in my backyard a couple of months ago, unfortunately I've found none since then. I live in a semi-rural area, with lots of farm properties and stuff, but we have a comparatively small property. It's all private land.
I've wanted to go mushroom hunting, but I have no information about where or when. We do definitely need an Australian mushroom hunter/grower site.
If anyone has any information about mushroom hunting in Sydney, with fair specifics about where and when, I would be very grateful.

--------------------
Immerse your soul in love.

Offlinewintertime
enthusiast
    #588692 - 03/25/02 02:52 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Hello
Melbourne resident here. I'm interested in mushrooms, but have never grown or been hunting for them, due to lack of knowledge about what to look for (I wouldn't want to risk eating the wrong kind of mushroom). I would definately be interested in a Aussie mushroom site to learn about the different species that are in Australia.

Offlinetaz_devil
Stranger
Loc: hell
    #588708 - 03/25/02 03:17 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Hi im from melbourne:
Been known to do a bit of shroom hunting, novice grower (thanx to bluemeanie for the spores).

Oz shroom site would be good especially stuff on Oz specific species.

InvisibleMagicRooms
Hunter & Collector
Male

#588718 - 03/25/02 03:57 AM (22 years, 27 days ago)

Thank you everyone for your support. There are many people available to help with hunting and growing shrooms on this page so keep posting and see what happens.
I will compile a list and send it round. Let me know if your listing is OK to post.
I am working on a small project to design a set of Postcard size data shroom cards.
Each card will have a picture of a Mushroom with all relevant information. Designed for Australian shroomers
Please let me know if you want to help with images and data and to design your own style. The cards will become available soon so please let me know if I should put you down for a set.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#589573 - 03/26/02 12:30 AM (22 years, 26 days ago)

What do you guys think of a new vendor in australia?? I dont know about you guys, but waiting for MMA is a pain in the butt...

--------------------

InvisibleMagicRooms
Hunter & Collector
Male

Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #589585 - 03/26/02 12:43 AM (22 years, 26 days ago)

I have never seen MMA running just heard about them from you. I think the more we get going in Australia the better. It seems like more people are getting interested and need a local supplier. If you're going into supplies I'm sure you will get heaps of support.

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #590455 - 03/26/02 09:19 PM (22 years, 26 days ago)

Yeah dutchie must be in some kind of limbo maybe, bm!

....if anyone does decide to start up a vendor business I'm sure there would be lots of appreciative locals anyway :wink: 

Offlinehudsonismss
journeyman
Loc: sydney
    #591602 - 03/28/02 03:53 AM (22 years, 24 days ago)

woohoo!
ya, i'm around sydney area and have been growing for a little while, but am looking to get into pickin me some boomers as well... in fact, this easter weekend i'm headin out to the blue moutains, see what i can see. i just don't know much of the differentiation between the goods and the bads. but i think i'll bring em home, and see what i can find on the net and compare em.
i'd definatly be up for something tell help me in the search, some kind of guidline/identifier.
locally, i think i'm goin to go hit up centenial park, see what's growin!

--------------------
live in the present and the future will present itself

InvisibleMagicRooms
Hunter & Collector
Male

Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: hudsonismss]
    #591625 - 03/28/02 05:50 AM (22 years, 24 days ago)

Bring home and post en up, we'll check them out and help if we can see a good pic.
But please make a spore print. Good luck to all Hunters Down Under.
Please make a post if you live in Australia.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom