Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: downforpot]
    #5831965 - 07/07/06 02:31 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
REPLY TO MY FUCKING POST: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5830137#Post5830137

Don't you know how PAL works? When someone loses a debate they simply stop responding

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: Diploid]
    #5831973 - 07/07/06 02:32 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Wow, that sounds so stale and boring. :shrug:

You should move to exciting and thrilling South Africa! You don't know if you'll be massacred for being white, or if you'll come home and find your wife and daughters gang raped and your house burned down!  Or visit fun and fabulous South America!  Enjoy all the benefits of modern third world society with giardia contaminated drinking water! Yum Yum!  No thank you, white civilization with it's Mozarts and Bach's and Rachminoff's and Rembrandts seems plenty exciting to me.
Quote:

Maybe they could kill most of the native inhabitants of some land, put the rest in reservations, then pillage their natural resources and build a great nation on that. Sure.

My favorite defense, "honky be evil".  As if the American Indians weren't fighting each other off and taking each other as slaves. No, no of course not.  Every land of non-whites was a pure eutopia before honky and his cohorts rolled up.  Then we brought warfare to the peace-loving American Indians.  I feel so ashamed.

--------------------
Unions are the bastions of the mediocre. - luvdemshrooms

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: xDuckYouSuckerx]
    #5832003 - 07/07/06 02:41 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You should move to exciting and thrilling South Africa! You don't know if you'll be massacred

You should move to the Chattooga River basin where mutant, inbred, white people might do the same to you a la Deliverance.

My favorite defense, "honky be evil".

Do you always miss the point?

You suggest that if 'other people' were as good as whites, "they can develop their own functioning government's, technological advances et al.".

My point is that those 'advanced' white people who built this country did it by stealing and killing, and not because they were smarter or better at building great nations.

They raped a land of its people and natural resources. How could they fail with that advantage?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (07/07/06 02:51 PM)

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
    #5832009 - 07/07/06 02:43 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I find your views to be as repugnant as a bad smell.

--------------------
:orly:

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

#5832012 - 07/07/06 02:43 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

There's actually a shit load of white people in South Africa, it's a port country.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

Loc: TX
Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: Basilides]
    #5832055 - 07/07/06 02:53 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

how about sudan

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: Diploid]
    #5832314 - 07/07/06 03:44 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Do you always miss the point?

You suggest that if 'other people' were as good as whites, "they can develop their own functioning government's, technological advances et al.".

My point is that those 'advanced' white people who built this country did it by stealing and killing, and not because they were smarter or better at building great nations.

They raped a land of its people and natural resources. How could they fail with that advantage?

Duck is doing a good enough job digging his own grave without adding mischaracterization.

To claim that the sentiments of Locke and governance "by the people" had nothing to do with the success of America is incorrect. Russia had, and still has better natural resources than America (in terms of coal deposits, oil deposits, even some forms of timber) but even in 1910, well before the whole communism fiasco, Russia was far behind the economy of America.

The country of America was not built by men who killed and stole land, plenty of that happened elsewhere in the world and the result has not been other Americas.

America was built by men who created something from nothing, by Carnegies, Rockefellers, Morgans, Fords, and their modern equivalents like Steve Jobs, Jack Welch, and Sam Walton. These men (and women, hopefully more of whom will enjoy success in the future) did not kill natives and take their land, they dreamed and created.

Of course, the counterpoint to this would be that the same exact thing has happened elsewhere. Mistubishi, Sony, Kawasaki were all created by similar dreamers and hardworkers and have done for Japan what Ford, GE, and IBM have done for America. The same thing is beginning to happen in India, China, and Brazil as well. The reality is that there are many capable members of every race (just as there are incapable and close-minded members of every race) and they can and will dream dreams and build creations every bit as spectacular as what has happened in America.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5832478 - 07/07/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I think that rap music, and the culture that it promotes, is bad for society in general.

you seem to be lumping literally thousands of artists into a single category. would you at least admit that is being somewhat (if not very) ignorant? If you are talking mostly about the mainstream music, then it is not the genre itself you should be against, but the outlets that promote the same topics, like BET, MTV, and plenty of others. In that case, I agree with you 100%
Quote:

I think that black youth would be much, MUCH more likely to integratate into our society if they acted, for lack of a better word, "more white".

I also agree with this. But it's important to remember that a majority of the black families in this country did not come here in search of better lives. They were in fact brought here against their wishes (I make assumptions at this point), so perhaps integrating into "our" society (as you say) is not what they are after.

perhaps it would help to define society, in very objective terms:

Quote:

wikipedia:

A society is a self-reproducing grouping of individuals occupying a particular territory, which may have its own distinctive culture and institutions.

so by definition alone, society is a group of individuals living in a certain area, which is exactly what we have all over this country. You have societies of mostly whites in some areas, mostly blacks in others, mostly latin in even more than the two aforementioned. They are in their own societies, within a much larger societies called towns, within larger ones called states, etc.

If you want to get technical, white people should stop listening to so much pop and country, to make it easier to integrate with American society, which will be predominantly latino in the coming years (this is whether or not you would like to admit that). Perhaps i could suggest some good Ranchero, Salsa or Narcocorrido bands?

Quote:

They need to realize that you really can't have vastly different cultures, and I'm referring to 'rap' culture and traditional AMerican/Western culture, and have those vastly different cultures mesh.

the rap culture you are referring to is based on western "white" culture. the rappers you are talking about (which are on MTV, BET, etc) imitate mafia members (which are also racist), white moguls (rocafella anyone?), and they endulge in diamonds (debeers), cristal ( racist ), etc. so the culture you are attacking here, is nothing more than a recycled version of white culture. it's not rap's fault that certain artists regurgitate our own culture back to us through hyperbole and catchy rhythms.

Quote:

It just wouldn't work to have some G'ed up homeboy running a Fortune 500 company, you've got to act like the 'host culture', in this case, white/western culture.

G'd up = clothing? Give it 20 years, same people will be running fortune 500 companies, in nicer suits.

Quote:

The entire multicultural dream is a ignorant, pathetic failed social experiment.

failed? what was the deadline?

Quote:

The thought that you can have people maintain their own unique, and vastly different, culture while still integrating into the host culture is absurd and insane.

or perhaps just a tad over your head, therefore confusing, therefore worthy of being ignored, hence ignorance.

Quote:

I'm not sure who came up with the idea that people of a different culture could come here, not integrate into Western/White/American culture and stil suceed, but it's not going to work.

tell that to the people that literally built (as in building roads, houses, plantations, etc) this country. Are you not from the United States? This country was founded on many cultures coming together.

Quote:

If you want to suceed in America, you have to integrate.

no, thats just the easy way out.

Quote:

It seems that blacks and mexicans are on one end of the spectrum, with large percentages of them refusing to speak English properly, to dress in the fashion that most Americans do, to get an education, to care about education, to get a 'real' career, to, in other words, integrate into the culture that we've formed.

it seems the way you view "blacks and mexicans" is the way many europeans view americans. we have perverted the language just as much as any other "culture."

Quote:

To give an example of a group that does come from a very different culture, look at Indians (the country) that come here. Usually within one generation, their children are attending colleges, the parents are owning companies and pursueing a real career and, most importantly, they have retained connections to their culture. An Indian girl I know, named Shree, speaks Hindi and English and her dress often does reflect that of India. I think that is a great example of how someone can integrate into society and still maintain ties to their heritage.

so Shree doesn't like rap music? i dont get it. does she not like blacks or mexicans either? Are you putting yourself in the position to actually say that in general, you are convinced you know how much black america maintains ties to their heritage? (considering the fact many of them have no possible way to even know what countries they come from, let along their true names). What you are describing, again, is a manifestation of people that had their history torn from them, and they are exactly as you describe: experiments. Products of their environment, which is the "white culture" you love so much.

the rest just seemed to be cheap shots and further ignorance, so as you say, "fin."

i hope the quotes got annoying to read. it was annoying to emphasize your own words, to make sure none of the terminology was confused with my own.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #5832494 - 07/07/06 04:40 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
Quote:

downforpot said:
REPLY TO MY FUCKING POST: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5830137#Post5830137

Don't you know how PAL works? When someone loses a debate they simply stop responding

Fuck that, that little nazi needs to answer my post OTHERWISE CLOSE THIS THREAD because the only reason he made it is to stir up bullshit that he knows IS BULLSHIT.

Oh and nice job giving me a rating and calling me a White Nigger.

My black friend and I will be successful. He's gonna be working at Monsanto making green and I will prolly work for some pharmaceutical company, making green. We are actually planning to start our own company, someday.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Edited by downforpot (07/08/06 06:32 PM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #5832583 - 07/07/06 05:08 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

One day ban for flaming.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5832665 - 07/07/06 05:32 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Segregation of the races worked for centuries, why fix it if it ain't broke?

Quote:

You should move to exciting and thrilling South Africa! You don't know if you'll be massacred for being white, or if you'll come home and find your wife and daughters gang raped and your house burned down!

South Africa is what will happen if you get your way. South Africa is the end product of segregationalist politics. Move a couple of countries up, to a country not torn by war, and its a HAVEN in comparison, despite being far poorer. The difference? Apartheid, the very segregation politics you defend. The other place which recently had segregation politics is the USA, and the USA is used across the world as an example of a nation where race relations have gone sour. That isn't anti-americanism, but it is a fact that interracial interaction is particularly awkward in the USA because of the past you people shared, and the way you subsequently dealt with it.

Quote:

I'd say that I have more of an inclination to be with and around people who look like me and share common cultural backgrounds than people who don't.

Your social circles and the place where you live is nobodies business but your own. Instead of building race theories online, invest in either learning to deal with the people of color in your personal life, or find a way to avoid them, practice the segregation you preach on yourself.

Pull yourself up and make yourself proud by your achievements, and you will find there's no need for all that "white pride", it is just a placeholder waiting until you make good on your potential.

Quote:

It's not in our best interest, it's in THEIR best interest, to come to our lands and milk our system.

This isn't an Us vs Them situation. And there's nothing more American as American Black Culture. European whites took their (mostly british) culture while African blacks in the USA had to create their culture from scratch under pretty dire circumstances, while they built your nation. Your being *all of you* not the pipe-dream "white america" you perhaps believe in.

There are many things I can comment on ad nauseum, but the quality of your debate is best characterized by the fact that you tried to blame the South African situation on their black population while any sane man who is in the know will agree that the racist, segregationalist Apartheid laws are very much at fault for the current situation there.

But, you avoided commenting on your colorful language which I quoted. Would you care to comment on that? I am wondering if you are deliberately are stirring up shit or in earnest are a racist/segregationalist debater. In both cases, your credibility as a debating partner seems to be diminishing in the views of several posters here, which seems contrary to the intentions of this thread.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: Silversoul]
    #5835519 - 07/08/06 03:01 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

blacksabbathrulz said:
Quote:

Basilides said:
Quote:

xDuckYouSuckerx said:
I don't necessarily believe in 'full assimilation'. I guess they should assimilate just to the point that they can interact. If they want to speak their native tongue at home, thats fine, but don't expect to come here speaking Hindi and get a job as a doctor if you can't speak any English. It's got to be understood to immigrants that coming to America is a change in their life, not just moving to the Yankee land to get our free benefits and continue speaking their language.

Is non-English speaking immigrants really a problem? I have only met one person in my life who didn't understand a single word of English, and she was just in the country for a funeral. Ever immigrant I have ever met was capable of adapting to an English environment, so I'm not sure what the source of all these short fuses over language are coming from. Sociologically, most people pick up on a new language automatically if they're in that country long enough, so I don't think immigrants and speaking English is as big an issue as some make it out to be.

It's quite obvious that you do not live in Southern California.

Ya, because anyone who's lived there must share the same prejudices as you, right? Get over yourself.

Who said I'm prejudice you fucking douchebag?

--------------------

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #5835528 - 07/08/06 03:03 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

BTW, before my ban is instated, I'd like to point out this ignorant jackass called me prejudiced, which is a flame.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Just to clarify- My views on "racism" [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #5835879 - 07/08/06 04:29 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Duly noted. Ban initiated anyway.

Phred

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #5836490 - 07/08/06 06:33 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
Quote:

downforpot said:

Waiting for a reply to my post.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5837585 - 07/09/06 12:42 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Wiccan seeker, this is to you. You say south Africa is the end product of racial separation, which is wrong. It is the end product of apartheid,which is different. Racial segregation, on the grand scale duckyousucker is referring to would be that each country would be racially homogeneous, IE japan. The problems that occurred in SA would be non-existent. I'm not saying I think that is the solution, but the situation in SA is a direct result of a people living oppressed, like in the USA. How can a people be oppressed(racially) if the only people living in the state were of the same race?

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

#5837817 - 07/09/06 02:44 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Don't you get it? You've won the debate

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #5838884 - 07/09/06 01:40 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

No, FUCK THAT, I want him to come in here and admit it that he lost. I want him to also tell me why he called me a White Nigger.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

#5839191 - 07/09/06 03:17 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
No, FUCK THAT, I want him to come in here and admit it that he lost. I want him to also tell me why he called me a White Nigger.

I didn't "lose" anything. It's sad that in todays America, some ebonics mumbling 'groid is able to get anything other than a job picking cotton. I called you a white nigger because, while you skin is white, you've obviously adapted a foreign, alien culture that has historically performed sub-par.

--------------------
Unions are the bastions of the mediocre. - luvdemshrooms

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #5839311 - 07/09/06 03:57 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

So even though my black friend who still listens to rap and has dreads is currently an intern at Monsanto he is still inferior?

I adapted a foreign culture? I'm not even American.

Historically performed sub-par? In which millenia? African Kingdoms were much more powerful than European a 1000-2000 years ago. Heh, there were no European Kingdoms during that time. Every culture has their times of glory. You really need more school because you are highly uneducated.

You are just like the people that thought Rock currupted people and lead to more crime, LOL. Give it 40 years and the current Hip-Hop generation will start saying " ___________ creates crime in our society."

OK, so even though a person adapts a culture that failed in recent history, then what? What will happen? I'm still going to a university for free, got more money this year, gonna buy a laptop. WHAT? WHAT WILL HAPPEN? I am on top of the world, WHAT THE FUCK IS GONNA HAPPEN TO ME IF I LISTEN TO HIP-HOP?

--------------------

Then shot in his head

Edited by downforpot (07/09/06 04:15 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale