Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Salvia and alcohol
    #5834645 - 07/08/06 10:32 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Bad decision on my part.

I learned an important lesson last night.

Went to a party and went a little overboard; ended up drinking at least 20 beers.  I was on the verge of blacking out when my friend, also drunk but less so than I, suggested we smoke some salvia and chill outside his house.  Under normal circumstances I wouldn't even have considered it, but I wasn't exactly functioning normally.

I packed a bowl and inhaled, then passed it around.  Before I knew what was happening I was in a cosmic time-loop theater; my friends appeared before me as strange creatures in a fractal play.  "Whoa!! Which one of you is salvia?!" I demanded to know.  I tried to form cogent sentences but gibberish came out.  It was a strange sensation, going from ridiculously drunk to near-complete ego dissolution in roughly 30 seconds.  I tried to get a grasp, but my world was spinning out of control.

I walked clumsily over to the bushes and vomited, then vomited some more.  We walked back into my friend's house and I lay on his bed in existential agony; I felt like a shaman-apprentice in the throes of death-rebirth ecstacy.  All my attention was focused on the intense pain and curdling sensation I felt in my stomach, and the waves of otherwordly energy I felt rippling through my organs out towards my extremities.

I only somewhat remember being driven home.  I went to bed without brushing my teeth, my mouth still caked in vomit.

This was a tremendous learning experience, albeit in a much different way than the traditional psychedelic voyage.  Ultimately, it reinforced two things I already knew: (1) alcohol is nothing but poison; (2) salvia does not enjoy being taken lightly; if it is, it will reveal itself to you in an excruciating and overpowering way, no matter the dose.

Respect and love, my friends.  :heart:

Edited by Lion (07/08/06 01:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKras
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia and alcohol [Re: Lion]
    #5834710 - 07/08/06 11:09 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I would recommend not smoking salvia the day after or before drinking. Having an afterglow when this poison is present in your blood can lead into depressing and unreal feelings. At least it looked like that in my case.

--------------------
enjoy life!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia and alcohol [Re: Kras]
    #5834972 - 07/08/06 12:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i can't explain why I keep buying tequila or wine when it gives me such headaches.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineKras
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia and alcohol [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5837811 - 07/09/06 02:35 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I have something similar. I don't like alcohol but when I'm with friends and they drink I feel compulsion to do this same. This same goes for weed but sometimes when I'm "off-guard" I find myself actively seek it. I guess it's an addiction and it sucks, really...

--------------------
enjoy life!

OfflinePSylopHiLe
stoner
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia and alcohol [Re: Kras]
    #5839374 - 07/09/06 04:14 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I am still aprehensive about salvia having only done shrooms, but i heard alcohol and psychedelics do not mix well. As for the alcohol, 20 beers at least? At my stature, that would be enough to knock me out.

--------------------
"Try not to let your mind wander, it might not come back"

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia and alcohol [Re: PSylopHiLe]
    #5839833 - 07/09/06 06:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PSylopHiLe said:
I am still aprehensive about salvia having only done shrooms, but i heard alcohol and psychedelics do not mix well. As for the alcohol, 20 beers at least? At my stature, that would be enough to knock me out.

The thing to note with salvia is that it should always be done in a stress-free setting, and a sitter may be extremely important if you have no experience with your reaction to the herb.

I would normally never mix psychedelics and alcohol; but that's the thing about alcohol, it impairs judgement.  I don't regret my decision, but I would not advise the combination.  :tongue:  I used to be something of a binge drinker (and apparently still am on occassion), so I can put a few back.  There is no longer any appeal to me in getting wasted; I let the social setting and my good mood get the best of me.

I did not have my normal communion with salvia yesterday; I decided to take a day off to let her know how much I appreciate her guidance.  :smile:

OfflineCyric
Master of Time and Space
Male

Loc: Outer Shpongolia
Re: Salvia and alcohol [Re: Lion]
    #5850744 - 07/12/06 12:51 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

This is something me and my roomate do on a regular basis, and every time we're kicking ourselves the next morning. Some people never learn. It's allright if you've got maybe 3 beers in you at most, but the best salvia trip is one that's unriddled with other drugs.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds