Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Marijuana and spirtuality
    #5834592 - 07/08/06 09:52 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Sober Life -----------------{cloud nine

I propose that perhaps, that marijuana can perhaps clear the senses and perhaps promote better concentration for the here and now, perhaps one could zero in on the acquired assignment and obtain greater understanding, what is this factor that allows our brains to filter information in different way,perhaps sober living can tend to make one day dream, not focusing in on the acquired task, for it being so mundanely harsh,

Edited by capliberty (07/08/06 10:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineob1kinsmokey
Weekend Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon (the good part)
Re: Marijuana and spirtuality [Re: capliberty]
    #5835277 - 07/08/06 02:03 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

that is a completely accurate thought. when doing any kind of drug there are always going to be different ways of viewing life while under the influence of that specific drug.

different brain recepters and most of all a different set in mood and overall position change the way your energy flows for the duration of that high.

alot of people will tell you, and im sure you can relate, that while you are high, you kind of feel like your energy output is more intense.

like you can feel and put forth much greater energyu than before you were high.

alot of people will feel the erge to meditate while they are high, simply because they feel like they are bursting with energy, or just feel more intouch with themselves.

i can think of many times where i was just hanging out, and all of a sudden felt the erge to meditate. almost like i was calling myself to do so, because i knew inside i could accomplish more at that moment, than before.

in the right mind set, bud can definetely help in your concentration and re focusing before and during meditation.

the most important thing i think, before meditating is getting your energy flowing in the right direction, fluently and accomplishing a positive light body-

both of which can be accomplished by getting high.

you unknowingly become happier, and let go of any troubles you may have had that day- which positivly influences your light body-

and then your change in mood and realization in your energy output gets you flowing in the right direction- making it prime to begin a meditation given you are in the right mind set.

nice post capliberty

--------------------
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan

I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees - Henry Thoreau

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

I really love butts.

Offlineob1kinsmokey
Weekend Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon (the good part)
Re: Marijuana and spirtuality [Re: ob1kinsmokey]
    #5835288 - 07/08/06 02:05 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

anything truely is what you make of it though :smile:

--------------------
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan

I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees - Henry Thoreau

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

I really love butts.

OfflineEreignis
the eyes of theworld
Male User Gallery

Loc: swimming across the ocean...
I disagree [Re: ob1kinsmokey]
    #5836856 - 07/08/06 08:49 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Before I started meditating seriously a few years ago, I thought marijuana was useful to promote creative thinking, energy, and artistic inspiration, not to mention good conversation. Besides, it made me happy, and happiness is a key foundation for spiritual living. But these days I no longer think marijuana does anything like that. Maybe it was spiritually useful for me when I smoked it, but I find it impossible to concentrate for long periods of time while high from marijuana (not so much from the one time I've tripped on shrooms). While I'm high, thoughts occur in my head - sometimes brilliant thoughts, sometimes not - but no matter their quality, what counts, spiritually speaking, is that I have no control over when they occur, and I have trouble remembering them anyway. Marijuana makes one a thinker, but meditation is not thinking, meditation is the buliding of awareness, which, in some sense, is actually the opposite of thinking - how can one be aware of one's senses (and therefore come to realize his self) if he is preoccupied with a thought in his head? To the seeker of wisdom, Buddhism teaches abstinence from inebriating substances, not because they are sins, but because they obstruct the way to enlightenment. I could never meditate while high - the two would cancel each other out, and I would just end up with a headache and nice period of mental lethargy after the come-down.

--------------------
Reason tatters
The forces tear loose from the axis
Searchlight casting
For faults in the clouds of delusion

Shall we go, you and I, while we can? Through the transitive nightfall of diamonds

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #5837530 - 07/09/06 12:24 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I don't see how marijuana can be considered remotely spiritual. It doesn't drastically alter consciousness, it merely coats the senses somewhat creating a mental euphoria. I know Rastafarians smoke it for related spiritual reasons, but I think this is more symbolic to the plant itself and not the intoxication it produces. I could be wrong, though.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana and spirtuality [Re: Basilides]
    #5839359 - 07/09/06 04:10 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

-Marijuana......... amplication..........to the meditative station

stay ire, is the best cope of the focus, giving space,

I mean the real issue isn't bud, the issue is being able to hold your own, when one can't hold his own, then one is chastised, I say bud can be a tool of helping you down that path of holding your own,

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5840191 - 07/09/06 08:14 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

dose is so important.

the first time i had a glimpse of not thinking, because i already knew what i was going to think before I thought it.

was when i had just a very slight adjustment of cannabis and did some thought watching.

the only time i became clear light was when i was on cannabis... paying attention to the chi flow it created, nothing more, nothing less.

and yet i think i destroyed my chakras from using it... because i would focus on them, I would SPASM as an EXPLOSION ocurred and my whole field of vision turned the color I was visualizing, and it hurt a lot... and if I did it in my root it would explode and go up my spine but sometimes not make it all the way, and it hurt a lot and then it would keep happening randomly and I couldn't keep myself from slipping away into the explosion again, exactly like if you are dozing off and can't stay awake.

and also it fucked up my lungs.

dosage, intent. important.

if i had some right now i would try it and see how i feel, given i have made a lot of progress in the month or two that i haven't been using anything.... and a lot of progress since i first started using a year and a half ago.

i think marijuana can be a great aide in paying attention and stripping away that which is irrelevant.

when i first used it i could tune into ONLY my hearing for a brief few seconds and it was a very neat thing to do.

marijuana sure is a useful tool, you just have to listen to it and be respectful and careful.

i can't help but feel that smoked cannabis actually dries out your entire supply of energy though.......sure it gives you a ton, but maybe that is your reserves bleeding out? Can anyone very knowledgable about energy explain what cannabis does?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (07/09/06 08:17 PM)

OfflineDeviate
Re: Marijuana and spirtuality [Re: Basilides]
    #5841094 - 07/10/06 12:38 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
I don't see how marijuana can be considered remotely spiritual. It doesn't drastically alter consciousness, it merely coats the senses somewhat creating a mental euphoria. I know Rastafarians smoke it for related spiritual reasons, but I think this is more symbolic to the plant itself and not the intoxication it produces. I could be wrong, though.

in my experience, marijuana DOES drastically alter consciousness and who is to say how much something must alter consciousness before it can be considered spiritual? does music drastically alter consciousness? when compared with a powerful drug such as shrooms, perhaps not but that doesn't stop me from finding music very spiritual.

Quote:

i can't help but feel that smoked cannabis actually dries out your entire supply of energy though.......sure it gives you a ton, but maybe that is your reserves bleeding out? Can anyone very knowledgable about energy explain what cannabis does?

i am not very knowledgable about energy but for me marijuana has done something to me where i have not felt right since abusing it. its not easy to describe exactly how im different so i wont attempt it but it its been a long time now and i dont seem to be getting any better. i once thought it was very spiritual and i had many many intense experiences with it but i now feel like it left me empty. ive come to believe that extended daily use of marijuana is extremely harmful from a spiritual standpoint.

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana and spirtuality [Re: Deviate]
    #5841222 - 07/10/06 01:27 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

No haters on the marijuana thread,

this thread is for medicinal purposes only,

Another key into ire way is to have ire herb, the marijuana can't stress one out, for too much will teach one a lesson, one must walk straight and master his high

Edited by capliberty (07/10/06 01:28 AM)

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
    #5841249 - 07/10/06 01:45 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

There are so many substances you put into your system every day that effects your consciousness, your awareness, your thinking and your everything, that you cannot begin to comprehend which does what.

I don't think adding marijuana, or not adding marijuana from your system will greatly affect your meditation. There are more important things, like who or what and how are you?

Buddhism, like all organized religions is more of a population control tool than road to enlightenment/heaven/whatever.

All roads leads to Rome.

Just because someone on the straight and narrow says that it is the safest bet, doesn't make it true.

Just because someone on the long and winding says that it is the safest bet, doesn't make it true.

Once you say that something is the safest bet, you have come one step closer to your truth. However, betting one way or another seems to me like something to do between friends, not between lives.

I think that not thinking about what is the best way to meditate, is a better way to meditate than to constantly concentrate on it.

The same goes for spirituality. Constantly thinking about spirituality makes the core idea of spirituality kind of prosaic.

Which is why new agers, and hippies, and ... well ... we ... make the oposite impression on people we want to impress with the spiritual world, or guidance thereof.

Hippies turned yuppies.

What are we becoming?

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5841262 - 07/10/06 01:52 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

"..what already is inside, can still be taken; externally!"
-Unknown :p

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana and spirtuality [Re: Gomp]
    #5841264 - 07/10/06 01:54 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You wish.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

OfflineDeviate
Re: Marijuana and spirtuality [Re: slaphappy]
    #5841295 - 07/10/06 02:18 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

There are so many substances you put into your system every day that effects your consciousness, your awareness, your thinking and your everything, that you cannot begin to comprehend which does what.

i dont agree with this. if i choose to drink apple juice rather than orange juice for instance, i dont notice any major changes on my thinking or my awareness. yet if i choose to smoke marijuana, there are profound and undeniable changes.

Edited by Deviate (07/10/06 02:22 AM)

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

#5841303 - 07/10/06 02:27 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:

i dont agree with this. if i choose to drink apple juice rather than orange juice for instance, i dont notice any major changes on my thinking or my awareness. yet if i choose to smoke marijuana, there are profound and undeniable changes.

Like I said, you cannot begin to comprehend.

--------------------

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5841308 - 07/10/06 02:30 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

This may be you, but me I only stick to maybe one substance a day, If one zeros in on the difference if one observes one can see, ones awareness is defined by ones mental oasis

another key to the ire way, is the medium in which one uses, a small cheap steel pipe, not a suitable utensil to the ire way,

my preferred pieces are:

vaporizer, with this device one can save ones lungs, more pure THC
stem roller, glass is the preferred material
blunt paper, fruit roll ups
joint paper, better for on the move
and lastly, wood pipes, better than steel

I have never tried marble pipes

and totally forget using aluminum,

smoking and shrooms, the ire way, sleep-----------KO central,

smoking and shrooms, can be spooky, but if one masters the feeling one enjoys the amplification of the visuals,

see many heads must realize, that first, it was all fun and games, it was NIFTY, now that it became a little scary its now the hated recipient, of alot of unwanted baggage, I say don't rule out the possible reunification, of the herbalization

Edited by capliberty (07/10/06 02:32 AM)

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

#5841324 - 07/10/06 02:51 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

There are millions of substances in a banana.

--------------------

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5841343 - 07/10/06 03:05 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

the ire way is not bothered by little idiosyncrasies, one must

realize that the ire way can be observed,

OfflineDeviate
    #5841369 - 07/10/06 03:42 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

slaphappy said:
Quote:

Deviate said:

Like I said, you cannot begin to comprehend.

i dont understand what you're trying to say.

OfflineDeviate
    #5841377 - 07/10/06 03:47 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

slaphappy said:
There are millions of substances in a banana.

so what? despite these "millions of substances" the body is still able to maintain homeostasis. introduce a little cyanide on the other hand and we have a very different story. one does not nead to understand every bichemical process involved in order to conclude that taking certain substances into the body is likely to cause an unwanted result.

Edited by Deviate (07/10/06 03:49 AM)

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

#5841404 - 07/10/06 04:30 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Jesus Christ, man. You're just here to bicker, I get it.

What I was saying is that life is a flora of chemicals ... and you need more serotonin or something, because honestly you are getting on my nerves.

Just forget I ever said anything, ok?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds