Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Are the MTBI Personality Types only accurate for INTPs?
    #5831142 - 07/07/06 11:26 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I've noticed that freinds that would be categorized as ESFJ or similar really don't like the idea of personality structures as conceptual models. That got me thinking, maybe the whole personality type system really only interests the kinds of people who are interested in rationally understanding other people through models. Obviously those types (Thinking) would know a great deal more about themselves than other types of people, so I wonder if MTBI types are simply just self-descriptive of analytical types, but not as accurate with others.

Maybe the reason some people (INTPs) identify so strongly with the model is that it was made by and for people like themselves. I suppose then although the other models may be fairly accurate, they may not fully understand the types of people that don't comprehend personality types.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDavid_vs_Goliath
Informer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago
Re: Are the MTBI Personality Types only accurate for INTPs? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #5831159 - 07/07/06 11:31 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I tested as an INFJ and it seemed to match my personality perfectly.

--------------------
"People living deeply have no fear of death."
"Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love."
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings."

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Are the MTBI Personality Types only accurate for INTPs? [Re: David_vs_Goliath]
    #5831539 - 07/07/06 12:50 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'm an INTP so yeah I find it describes my personality quite well.

On the other hand, I've spent a lot of time on forums devoted to MBTI and all the other types I've spoken to online say it pegs them quite well too!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals