Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBluntman4420
The Blunt king
Male User Gallery
Re: Do you hunt alone? [Re: Tomcat23]
    #5818166 - 07/03/06 11:15 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I hunt alone i good part of the time. I HATE IT THO.. everytime i go alone the cows fuck with me.. When i go with a freind we alwas find more and the cows leave us be

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCymbaline
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Oz
Re: Do you hunt alone? [Re: Bluntman4420]
    #5818706 - 07/04/06 02:32 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Just me and the dog....Haven't hunted with anyone for twenty odd years. Occasionally run into people out there doing the same though.

InvisibleSwan Song
Re: Do you hunt alone? [Re: Cymbaline]
    #5829217 - 07/06/06 08:05 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i mostly go alone. sometimes with my wife. i once had a gun pulled on me too. and another time the palm beach county sherriffs department flew thier helicopter right into the feild a few friends and i were picking in. we all split up and ran, and they chased us but we all made it home safely.
man what a fucked up start to our trip that day.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Do you hunt alone? [Re: Swan Song]
    #5829836 - 07/06/06 10:45 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I have only hunted alone.  I have had two of my friends ask to go with me so they can learn the ropes... I am not certain how I feel about it. 
I have learned a LOT about picking, and I would likely get irritated having to look over the spots they searched because they weren't looking close enough. 
I've been walking a few times with friends, and see some mushrooms and start picking, but it bothers me because then they come over and start breaking the fragile mushrooms, and trampling the smaller ones they didn't notice.

....However, I should be tolerant.  I am just not very patient.

I don't like carrying anything really.  I usually carry my car key with a small pair of scissors and a paper lunch bag.

If I think ahead I try not to dress in all black or wear anything that might make people suspicious. This is because the areas I hunt are always near people.  I hate people.  :enraged:
I would love to find a remote area to hunt, a forest or something.

--------------------

Offlinehooksbooks
Fun Guy
Male

Loc: Central, TX
Re: Do you hunt alone? [Re: CureCat]
    #5829924 - 07/06/06 11:07 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Ive only hunted alone, mostly because everyone I know is scerred. i think alone is alright though, definately can be more stealthy, can enter and leave the field when u wish, call it off or just do a quick sweep if need be, and dont have to split up the finds with anyone. on the other hand, two people can search a much wider area, upping the chance that more patches would be found. if i did have a partner in my hunts, id probably have them waiting in the car, communicating through cell phones. i think the most troubling thing is just leaving ur car unnatended in an area like that. also, having a friend on standby could work well because they can act as a lookout, and call or page you if things are getting hot. But for between me, my gps, and a good parking spot, solo cube hunts can be very exciting.

OfflineTomcat23
Shoomery Noob
Male

Loc: Central Florida, Gulf Coa...
Re: Do you hunt alone? [Re: hooksbooks]
    #5830429 - 07/07/06 02:23 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hooksbooks said:
Ive only hunted alone, mostly because everyone I know is scerred. i think alone is alright though, definately can be more stealthy, can enter and leave the field when u wish, call it off or just do a quick sweep if need be, and dont have to split up the finds with anyone. on the other hand, two people can search a much wider area, upping the chance that more patches would be found. if i did have a partner in my hunts, id probably have them waiting in the car, communicating through cell phones. i think the most troubling thing is just leaving ur car unnatended in an area like that. also, having a friend on standby could work well because they can act as a lookout, and call or page you if things are getting hot. But for between me, my gps, and a good parking spot, solo cube hunts can be very exciting.

I feel exactly the same way about this, couldn't have said it better myself. See its the people like these that I'd rather hunt with, but too bad their like me and would rather hunt alone... Haha.

--------------------
Mescaline man, im in need!!!

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
Re: Do you hunt alone? [Re: twelvelookslikeu]
    #5830544 - 07/07/06 04:43 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I do  :laugh:
hunting alone can be kinda scary .
specialy when my goddamn phone wont get a signal and im in the middle of nowhere... what really sux is when i run out of bottled water ..lol  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Do you hunt alone? [Re: RandomHero]
    #5830708 - 07/07/06 07:01 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RandomHero said:
what really sux is when i run out of bottled water ..lol  :mushroom2:

Time to consider drinking your own urine!  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: Do you hunt alone? [Re: CureCat]
    #5830925 - 07/07/06 09:41 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Sometimes I hunt alone, and sometimes I hunt with friends, and sometimes I can get a friend to stay by the road so he can call me if he notices a cop approaching.

Mmmmmm..... urine  :crazy2:

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Do you hunt alone? [Re: twelvelookslikeu]
    #5831325 - 07/07/06 12:15 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

for the most part, my room mate and I go hunting together..

I am always hiking in the woods alone though, and if I see specimens along the trail i will stop and try to ID them... if there is anything interesting i will go into the woods off the trail and start hunting... Thats how I found my first chanterelle patch...

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale