Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe_END
Mr. E
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Just starting out :D
    #5830320 - 07/07/06 01:28 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

well i'm just starting out right now, obviously. and i would have to sya im pretty damn EXCITED! ive been looking through my stuff found jars i assume will work, ive got the brown rice flour, gonan pick up some verm. tomorrow, and a friend is gona hook me up with spores this weekend!  :grin:

but im a bit lost...

at the bottom you can see the jars, to the left of those is the air pump and, then the aquarium with a light... but the problem is im not exactly sure waht to make of that, my terranium. ive been reading through the tuts on how to make various models, and decided since i have a fish tank and an air pump id go this route.

even after reading through the tuts i dont really have any clue how to make it worse, im pretty otu of it. like i know im trying to make a humid environment for the cakes i will be making soon, but idk how to get it to work using what i have.

like do i need to have this thing completely sealed off?
do i need the light?

basicaly im a newbie and am very excited to get started and lsot at the same time, any ideas/suggestions/tips would be  greatly appreciated ill update with some more definete problems as they come up.

:laugh:

ps. ive been looking through, and searching a lot, i think i just have my own little thing with not understanding since im completely new to this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMLBjammer
Invitro Freak
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southeastern USA
Re: Just starting out :D [Re: the_END]
    #5830732 - 07/07/06 07:20 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

If you are growing cakes, you want a fruiting chamber that has near 100% humidity, temps in the mid 70s, and 12 hours of light a day. You also need to exchange fresh air at least 3 times a day. I use moistened perlite, about 3 inches, for humidity. Find an easy tek--PF tek or Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide, etc--and follow it to the letter. You can PM me with questions any time. Peace.
Jammer

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: Just starting out :D [Re: MLBjammer]
    #5830793 - 07/07/06 08:19 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I would also colonize in a TiT (tub in tub). The temp kept about 81*F via water in teh bottom tub (2-5 gallons), a small 2-5gallon adjustable fully submersible aquarium heater in between the tubs, submersed in water, put the other same size tub containing your PFtek jars in teh one with the heated water, (dont forget to space so the heater touches NEITHER tub)and wallah, perfect colonization temps, kept dark, (of course, put a towel on top of jars, cover lid, let sit for 4 days, then check it out) then put in your terrarium once 100 percent colonized, not 80%, not 99.999%, 100%. Once u get good quick colonization, teh cakes will be able to fight of most contams. Good luck :smile: and, you'll have a week or two to figure out what to do with that fish tank u gots there!

OfflineCubenisseur
Mad Props
Male

Loc: Indian Land
Re: Just starting out :D [Re: jeetered]
    #5830831 - 07/07/06 08:44 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

TiT's work well and are cheap.

OfflineFalseAlternative
Stranger
Male

Re: Just starting out :D [Re: Cubenisseur]
    #5832007 - 07/07/06 02:43 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cubenisseur said:
TiT's work well and are cheap.

The mushrooms on the inside of the top tub doesn't have any light going in with the lid on it. How did they grow without light for pinning?

--------------------
"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind"
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Offlinethe_END
Mr. E
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Just starting out :D [Re: jeetered]
    #5832407 - 07/07/06 04:06 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jeetered said:
I would also colonize in a TiT (tub in tub). The temp kept about 81*F via water in teh bottom tub (2-5 gallons), a small 2-5gallon adjustable fully submersible aquarium heater in between the tubs, submersed in water, put the other same size tub containing your PFtek jars in teh one with the heated water, (dont forget to space so the heater touches NEITHER tub)and wallah, perfect colonization temps, kept dark, (of course, put a towel on top of jars, cover lid, let sit for 4 days, then check it out) then put in your terrarium once 100 percent colonized, not 80%, not 99.999%, 100%. Once u get good quick colonization, teh cakes will be able to fight of most contams. Good luck :smile: and, you'll have a week or two to figure out what to do with that fish tank u gots there!

Not sure if ive got that completely understood but heres what i found:

an aqarium heater... no idea if it can be completely submergered or not but im pretty sure that can be fixed  :cool:

so what im getting at with the TiT (ill read more on it in a minute)
is that im going to have a main tub (the big one) with water in the bottom, then a smaller tub inside of it (empty of water?) and then of course the heater inbetween both.  and who can forget the the PF tek jars within the smaller tub?

ok well im going to look up TiT right now, i just kind of wanted to figure out somwtihng with that water heater, adn that i DO NOT need my fish tank? correct?

OfflineCubenisseur
Mad Props
Male

Re: Just starting out :D [Re: FalseAlternative]
    #5832431 - 07/07/06 04:16 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Oops, sorry for the confusion. The first pics were before the light was installed. Heres another with the lights.

Good eye BTW!

Offlinethe_END
Mr. E
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5832545 - 07/07/06 04:55 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

after looking at your pictures and reading what i can about TiT
it looks like i can still use my fish tank as a terranium? that goes within both of the boxes.. and as for the heater i dont see why it msut be completely submerged as long as its in, and heating the wtaer, correct?

OfflineCubenisseur
Mad Props
Male

#5832659 - 07/07/06 05:30 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

after looking at your pictures and reading what i can about TiT
it looks like i can still use my fish tank as a terranium? that goes within both of the boxes.. and as for the heater i dont see why it msut be completely submerged as long as its in, and heating the wtaer, correct?

I'm not sure what a terranium is...is that part of the brain?? j/k
some people use glass aquariums as fruiting chambers, but I'm not keen on them myself.

For me the two plastic tubs work wonderfully. Right now I have two tubs(as in a TiT)as my incubator, and another two tubs in the same fashion but with the heater turned down to accommodate the temps needed for a fruiting chamber.

The submersible aquarium heaters need to be fully submerged.

Offlinethe_END
Mr. E
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5832714 - 07/07/06 05:45 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

hey Cubenisseur
check ur pms.

ok, from looking at your pictures yet again, i notice that the most reecent ones you posted has just some sort of waht looks like a plastic shield of some sort (with the hangers) im guessing this is humidity issues, but then the otehr pictures i see nothing else

OfflineCubenisseur
Mad Props
Male

#5832814 - 07/07/06 06:14 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I started out using that hanger wraped with celophane as a drip shield. I found that I really didn't need it when I got rid of the perlite and started casing my cakes.

IMO casing is really easy once you have cakes and you should give it a go too. You will yield much much more.

Offlinethe_END
Mr. E
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5832868 - 07/07/06 06:23 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yea, i was considering that too, simply bc, it looks simple lol.
thanks for the help guys

and if anybody decides to im me (lol...) im usually appearing offline :smile:
ill make sure to post again if i have questions or an update on growing mmmm

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
    #5847864 - 07/11/06 05:47 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry I wasn't very attentive, I use the TiT for colonization ONLY..
then,

DO NOT use that heater if u don't KNOW that it is fully submersible.. or rated for something AS LOW as 2-5 gallons, u dont want a 30gallon heater for 3 gallons of water.

Go to a seperate Fruiting Chamber..

u can adapt your tank for that, it's in the basic teks.

as far as the dude fruiting those casings n such in that tub, NICE, never thought of that.
I'll stick to my method for now though, it works for me. Clear long 90qt sterilite tubs, with clear lids, 1inch of Perlite in the bottom, (air pump for circulation and positive air pressure only) and my cakes, or casings.
(great for casings as they consume humidity quickly.)
I started like this, the pftek, and, adapted the TiT for colonization, and a good positive air flow Fruiting Chamber, that doesn't require fanning, and perlite instead of geolite, and NO bubble bars..
I'll be putting more in my growlog later with the Fruiting chamber.

peace.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies