Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
I feel shitty as fuck
    #5827123 - 07/06/06 10:15 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

WARNING: long, pointless rant.

My head hurts, my ears are killing me, the vicodin just made me more nausiated. I'm cold, I run occasional fevers, I have to curl into a fetal position sometimes, even when I have shit I know I NEED to do at that moment. I feel worthless. I haven't shaved in days, nor have I really showered since I left the emergency room. I ran out of vicodin this morning, the last one just fell down the sink. I have to write a letter of remorse to the court, and I don't know what to say. My ears are constantly clogged from the drops in them. I suck them in by plugging my nose, to clear them temporarily. In less than a second they are clogged again. I have just been lying in bed, randomly falling asleep whenever the pain recedes enough to make it a possibility. Guess what I have?
It is not even something that I should be able to complain about, but it is: swimmer's ear. Fucking swimmer's ear? Yea. It is making my life miserable. Two ears. After going to bed on Monday at 10 o clock, I couldn't sleep at all. I started hallucinating that my pillow was made of charcoal (it is black, as are my sheets. also, my mind was probably on the new grill I bought), thus explaining why i felt like little chunks of something were periodically stabbing my ears. I would occasionally bolt upright in bed (still never fell asleep, though) and scream, because the pain was that horrible, I couldn't help but just scream "FUCKING A" before biting my pillow to muffle the sounds, so as to not wake the neighbors. Around 2 am I decided that I needed to see a doctor, so I went to the emergency room (slogan: please wait here for us to call you in) I got there at 3, left at 6:30. A total of 20 minutes, at most, was spent with a doctor or communicating with hospital personell. There were about 8 other people in the waiting room to start with me, though. It was sad at one point. A latino guy came in. They seemed to know him. He asked for directions. He was maybe...20-40 miles from home. He had no idea where he was. Here is what I gathered: he got picked up by an ambulance (don't know why) and taken to the emergency room. Well, he had no idea where he was, he lived in the inner ity, in a rehab clinic, and needed to get back. He seemed pretty scared, but I think he tried not to show it. I felt bad for him. It really helped make e feel depressed. Anywas, the doctor prescribed me some amoxicillin, ear drops, and vicodin. The vicodin.....not nearly as fun as I remembered it to be. no...more....nausiating than it was before.
So yea. That was Monday night/Tuesday morning. It is now 9:12 Thursday morning. I feel like shit, I haven't showered since I got out of the emergency room, because I haven't really been in a state in which I feel healthy enough to stand that long and move that much while scrubbing and washing. I haven't shaved, partly because of the vicodin(bad risk to take, I think) and partly because I am breaking out and I don't want to cut any bumps. So I look shitty, I feel shittier. There is only one thing I can really say : I'd do damned near anything for some buds right now.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEdgekrusher
God
Re: I feel shitty as fuck [Re: whatever123]
    #5827138 - 07/06/06 10:23 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

damn man. Ear infections are the bitch. I haven't had one since I was undergoing training for scuba-diving. I had one in my left ear during my groups open water dive. It hurt like hell just to stick my head into the water, let-alone go down 30ft to where it felt like my cranium was going to cave.

they really do hurt. I'll smoke a bowl for ya. Consider this my noon wake-n-bake.

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel shitty as fuck [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #5827144 - 07/06/06 10:28 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks bro.
Damn, what was wrong, couldn't equalize your ears?
I haven't gone SCUBA diving since I took the course months ago. I should probably take a refresher course before I go out again. But dude, SCUBA diving to 30 without equalizing your ears? How the fuck did you pass? You'd think a smart instructor would FAIL you for doing that, seeing as how you are risking permanent and serious ear damage instead of being responsible and rescheduling your dive. Oh well, I'm not one to judge.
fuck this is horrible.
I'm not a pussy for being this much of a bitch over swimmer's ear, am I? I know it sounds like a harmless thing, but I think it is because the name sounds so playful, like something you just sorta deal with. This is like....woah.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

#5827204 - 07/06/06 10:50 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for all the well wishings. bleh!

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#5827314 - 07/06/06 11:26 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Get well soon man, that sounds rough.

Ive never even heard of 'swimmer's ear' before.

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel shitty as fuck [Re: Mike_yy]
    #5827430 - 07/06/06 11:58 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

some water stays in the ear canal after you swim where it spawns a bacterial infection.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#5827526 - 07/06/06 12:42 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Inner ear infections are bad news. They can fuck up your balance really bad. Hopefuly it'll clear up soon.

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel shitty as fuck [Re: Gumby]
    #5827547 - 07/06/06 12:49 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i hope so.

once again: id kill for some bud or ope or oxy. not vicodin, this ruined vic for me.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #5827655 - 07/06/06 01:24 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

ear infections suck for sure...I had swimmers ear last year in both ears but it really wasn't that bad just annoying...I'll never forget one ear infection I got tho...was sooo painful that I couldn't even lay down(because of the pressure) I couldn't chew food cause it hurt too much and I ended up being up for 3 days without sleep cause I couldn't lay down and the pain was just too much...I eventually went into the hospital where I got tylenol 3's...it helped enough so that I could sleep(sitting up tho)...and I still use qtips even tho I've been told by every doc not too :P

u know what u do dude...works better then any drops u'll get from the doc and u can stop the ear infections before they even really start when u feel em coming on...relieves pain too...get some h202(hydrogen peroxide) and mix it with half water(or u can use it straight but Iprefer it mixed with water) put it in a syringe or dropper or whatever and fill up your ear with that shit and just let it do its thing...it dosen't hurt and actually relieves the pain...keep your head tilted for a good 5mins and just let it kill that shit...then apply again...wish I would have known this when I had the ear infection I mentioned above

OfflineAngeloWish
Sr. Mydriasis

Loc: MEXICO-Mushroom Capital
    #5827682 - 07/06/06 01:33 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Hey i feel u, i had an infection couple years ago cause i went to the beach and then had some sand/water in there and fucked it all.

Are the ears drops and so helping at all? Stick to the treatment and i wish u feel better... try to take a bath and eat something... maybe it won't be easy but your will hardly get any better if you stay like that.

Best wishes for u, ill share some weed with u if we were geographically closer :wink: Take care

--------------------
+'this' reality is the one i like the most+

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#5827690 - 07/06/06 01:37 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

just so u know my doc actually recommended this to me before I was on a drug plan...the drops don't work half as good as h202

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel shitty as fuck [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5827713 - 07/06/06 01:41 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

actually, I used the h2o2 before I went to the ER. In a syringe without the needle.

and I still use qtips even tho I've been told by every doc not too :P

THATS MY PROBLEM TOO!!! Fuck, I go too deep into the ear canal, and I guess I scratch the tissue or something.
I should probably eat.
But I really don't feel up to it. Now that I think about it, the only times I have eaten are when I was about to take the vicodin and was hoping it would get rid of the nausea.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

Offlinetallgreen
chillin like avillain
 User Gallery
    #5827722 - 07/06/06 01:43 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

vicodin get rid of the nausea? whoops. I can't stand the stuff for that very reason. Do you have any ginger products?

--------------------
Nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love.
- The Beatles

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel shitty as fuck [Re: tallgreen]
    #5827733 - 07/06/06 01:45 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

no, i ate food with the vicodin to counteract the nausea i got when i ate the vicodin by itself.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

Offlinetallgreen
chillin like avillain
 User Gallery
    #5827743 - 07/06/06 01:47 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

BTW, my wife had swimmers ear nasty style a few months back. We went to the ER and they pretty much acted like retards. She went to her ENT guy the next day and he sucked out the wax and fluids with a little ear vacuum thingy. She said she had instant relief.

--------------------
Nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love.
- The Beatles

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

#5827759 - 07/06/06 01:50 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

...im alright with the ear vacuums for now....

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#5827781 - 07/06/06 01:54 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

ya man u get that water in there after having a scratch and u can easily get infected...I wet down my qtips now and have not had any probs since

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

#5827797 - 07/06/06 01:57 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

but if they are wet I don't think they are as effective, do you?

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

#5830866 - 07/07/06 09:07 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Good news: I'm in pain, but not nearly as much, and overall I feel good except for the pain, no real misery :smile:

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#5830867 - 07/07/06 09:08 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

good stuff bro...u pulled through :smile:

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#5830869 - 07/07/06 09:08 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

ear infections can get NASTY

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#5830871 - 07/07/06 09:09 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

not as effective but now I"m not scratchin my ear lol which makes it all even out I think

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures