Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAgent00dude
Adventurer
 User Gallery
Pinheads...
    #5826318 - 07/06/06 03:45 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'm still a newbie and always search this site before asking questions...I'm pretty sure I know what a pinhead is, but not 100%. All the pictures I have seen are super close ups, so it's hard to tell. Does anyone have pictures from a normal point of view and maybe an explanation of what a pinhead is and the difference between a pinhead and an abort.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMurit
The kid withkaleidoscopeeyes
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Colorful Nether
Re: Pinheads... [Re: Agent00dude]
    #5826379 - 07/06/06 04:21 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The difference between pins and aborts is usually noticable by color, how will vary by strain, but from my understanding they're fairly easy to spot once you have a bit of experience with your chosen strain.

As far as what pins look like...pretty much exactly what you've seen in the pics, albeit a bit smaller. with most strains it's pretty easy to notice a pin...since it doesn't look like your casing/substrate and doesn't look like mycillium...so using that simple logic process that simply narrows it down to either being a pin or a contam...but these two aren't exactly easy to get confused either.

--------------------
"Halucinogens produce severe
and violent reactions..
..in those who have never tried them."
- Terence McKenna

Offlineetam
it's a hobby...
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: East Coast
Re: Pinheads... [Re: Agent00dude]
    #5826391 - 07/06/06 04:28 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Pins are simply baby mushrooms. Aborts are baby mushrooms that have stopped growing. Just keep an eye on the growth and color of your pins.

Aborts happen, its no big deal. Just pick them off with a pair of tweezers if you happen to have any.

Offlinekilroy
Hightimes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Deep within my spirit Flag
Re: Pinheads... [Re: etam]
    #5826802 - 07/06/06 09:23 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

First you get the knot, wich is a little white bump when that little white bump gets a redish brown head(not sure about albinos) then it has become a pin. Once the pin either stops growing or the head starts turning black then it is an abort.

--------------------
IS NOT THE JOURNEY OF THE TRIP JUST AS IMPORTANT AS REACHING THE DESTINATION.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains