Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
Re: LOW COST FRUITNG CHAMBER [Re: Yamidude]
    #5818601 - 07/04/06 01:28 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well, lets see, they put one in by my house about 5 years ago, and so far, 3 local nurseries, 2 local pet stores, and 3 local record stores have gone out of business directly from that. they ruined the life-work of all of the owners of these local businesses by undercutting everyone in town.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: LOW COST FRUITNG CHAMBER [Re: liamtheloser]
    #5818621 - 07/04/06 01:37 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

They directly drive people out of business by selling below cost until all the local competitors fail, then they jack the prices up.

They drive companies out of business who actually care about the people they employ, and pay them a living wage.

All their stuff is cheap Chinese crap made by people who are basically slaves and get paid almost nothing.

Sure it's great to get really cheap goods, until your wages get driven down or you become unemployed.

-FF

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: upper body area
Re: LOW COST FRUITNG CHAMBER [Re: Yamidude]
    #5818630 - 07/04/06 01:44 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

seriously why the walmart hatred? They provide soo much for our commmunity? :-(

Man, I hope that was sarcastic.

--------------------
Anything posted here, is total bullshit.
My Meyers-Briggs Personality: INTJ
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:

We give cultivation advice here. :super:

AMU Q & A - We're glad to help
My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

OfflineAgent00dude
Adventurer
 User Gallery
Re: LOW COST FRUITNG CHAMBER [Re: faceyneck]
    #5818643 - 07/04/06 01:51 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry I bought my mister from Wal-Mart. Didn't realize the hatred toward them. I was just trying to share my info of a great mister, but you guys have fun...

InvisibleMasFina
Snow Shredder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: LOW COST FRUITNG CHAMBER [Re: Agent00dude]
    #5818677 - 07/04/06 02:13 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have been guilty of Wal Mart shoppin too, but I'm a college student so I have an excuse. Here's my cheap greenhouse. Better that a tub method.

This is a way to make a greenhouse cheaply that works great. Here's what it looks like:

As you can see I have 3 plastic hoses going from the vicks coolmist into the GH, one to each level.

What to get: this 4 tier plastic shelving thing at Wall Mart for $10.

plastic drop cloth-$1 at wall mart, in the paint section

Duck tape

You can cut the plastic support tubes
to any length you need with a hacksaw.

This is about 3.5' tall and tucked neatly into the corner of my closet. You can fit a lot of casings on here.

I cut holes in the top 2 levels with a razor knife to promote airflow. It was a pain in the ass, so it's up to you if you wanna take it on or not.
All you do is use your duck tape and plastic sheeting to enclose the whole thing. The only edges that aren't permanently taped down are the left vertical edge and the top horizontal edge. This is so I have a flap to open. I close the flap by taping it in three spots along the left side. Put tape on the plastic of the left wall in the spots where you will tape to sothat you can repeatedly open and close the flap (it will rip the plastic if you don't, and it sticks firmly to duck tape backing and can be removed many times before replacing duck tape strips). The only ventilation hole is a very small one in the bottom left corner above the bottom shelf. A little air will leak along the flap edges too. This keeps positive pressure in there and keeps the humidity at 96% for me.

Water pooling at the bottom is not a problem. There is hardly any condensation and the humidity stays high.

Hooking up those hoses without damaging the coolmist was a big ordeal, so I don't wanna get into that right now. A lotta duck tape mostly. I think having even mist distribution at each level is helpful though. The vicks CM was $26 by the way.

This beats the crap out of a monotub in my opinion and takes up less space on the ground.

Also, if you don't wanna mess with hookin up tubes from the CM, you could just set it in the FC on the top or bottom shelf. You still have plenty of room for your shrooms.

Shroom on

--------------------
A Good Substrate: Poo With Extras
Good Liquid Culture, Step by Step
Timer Modification
PM me if you are interested in buying 140ml syringes. $6 each + $7 shipping

Edited by MasFina (07/04/06 02:16 AM)

Offlinemajlo
crazy
Male User Gallery

Re: LOW COST FRUITNG CHAMBER [Re: MasFina]
    #5819216 - 07/04/06 09:29 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

no one noticed my tubs?

here as updat of the tub (cambodian on RYE, cased with verm/coir)

--------------------
Come see our country, but don't stay too long :smile:

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: upper body area
Re: LOW COST FRUITNG CHAMBER [Re: majlo]
    #5820720 - 07/04/06 04:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Nice grow!

--------------------
Anything posted here, is total bullshit.
My Meyers-Briggs Personality: INTJ
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:

We give cultivation advice here. :super:

AMU Q & A - We're glad to help
My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
Re: LOW COST FRUITNG CHAMBER [Re: faceyneck]
    #5820846 - 07/04/06 05:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ummmm.... ok its time to get old school. i'll show you guys a great grow setup complements of Magash.

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/26177

thats the best setup i have yet to see. everyone can thank Magash!

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale