Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah Flag
350 kilograms of ecstasy seized - Friday, 30th June 2006 [AUS]
    #5805359 - 06/30/06 12:27 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Customs Media Release

350 kilograms of ecstasy seized - Friday, 30th June 2006

A joint Australian Federal Police (AFP) and Customs operation spanning NSW and Victoria has resulted in the arrest of five people following the discovery of approximately 350 kilograms of (MDMA) ecstasy tablets hidden in a shipping container of ink.

The discovery of about 1.2 million ecstasy tablets, with an approximate street value of $40 million, is believed to be the second largest seizure of the prohibited drug in Victoria and one of the largest in Australian history.

Two men were this morning arrested in 11 simultaneous search warrants conducted across Melbourne and three men were arrested in Sydney yesterday afternoon following the execution of nine search warrants.

The container, which arrived from Canada, via Hong Kong, on 4 June 2006 was selected by Customs officers for examination. The container was x-rayed and unpacked at Customs' Container Examination Facility in the Port of Melbourne where plastic containers filled with liquid were uncovered.

On closer inspection of one of the blue plastic containers, Customs officers noticed a vacuum-sealed bag inside the container immersed in blue liquid dye. When removed, the bag was seen to contain tablets, which have tested positive for (MDMA) ecstasy.

Customs officers and AFP agents examined the remainder of the container and allegedly found more than 1.2 million tablets. Of the 180 containers of ink, 67 were allegedly found to contain ecstasy tablets.

The drugs were substituted for an inert substance and an extensive operation involving 50 AFP agents monitored the delivery to an address in Clayton where the boxes were unloaded and then transferred to Sydney.

They were yesterday accessed at a residential premises in Yagoona, Sydney.

Customs Regional Director Victoria Jaclyne Fisher said the sophisticated attempt to conceal the drugs was extremely unusual.

"We haven't seen an attempt to import drugs in this fashion into Victoria before. What it does demonstrate is that no matter how clever a syndicate might think it is, Customs is alert to even the most outlandish concealment.

"The find also reflects the strength of Customs risk assessment techniques and the effectiveness of Customs staff and our technology at our Container Examination Facilities," Ms Fisher said.

AFP National Manager Border and International Network Mike Phelan said today's arrests had disrupted a major drug supply, importation and distribution network.

"This investigation is a significant victory in the fight to stop ambitious drug syndicates supplying Australia's youth with a large amount of extremely harmful substances," Federal Agent Phelan said.

"The operation has resulted in the successful dismantling of an extremely sophisticated criminal syndicate spanning two Australian states with strong international links."

Two Melbourne men are currently being interviewed at AFP Headquarters. It is expected that the men will be charged this morning.

The Sydney men were charged with attempt to possess a commercial quantity of an imported border controlled drug.

The Sydney men are expected to appear before Sydney Central Local Court today at 10am.

The maximum penalty for these offences is life imprisonment.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Edited by DepthToTheCore (06/30/06 12:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Re: 350 kilograms of ecstasy seized - Friday, 30th June 2006 [AUS] [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #5805588 - 06/30/06 01:31 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

bumppp...

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: 350 kilograms of ecstasy seized - Friday, 30th June 2006 [AUS] [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #5805644 - 06/30/06 01:54 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

holy shit thats a lot of E

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Re: 350 kilograms of ecstasy seized - Friday, 30th June 2006 [AUS] [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5805890 - 06/30/06 03:26 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thats the 2nd very large bust in a week. It seems Australia is a mecca for E :smile:

Surprisingly quality has been very high lately in the pills that i have consumed despite these busts.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: 350 kilograms of ecstasy seized - Friday, 30th June 2006 [AUS] [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5805942 - 06/30/06 04:04 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Iamthewalrus said:
holy shit thats a lot of E

And how!  :eek:

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#5805967 - 06/30/06 04:23 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

but they are expensive there I hear... no? my sisters bf is visiting from australia right now...hes a fuckin kickass guy...love australians :smile:

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
    #5805980 - 06/30/06 04:37 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Very expensive. Used to be average of $35 a pill but is creeping down to $30 now. If you know someone who is a dealer you can get them for 20 or 25. But i must say IME 90% of the pills i get are very high quality.

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#5806077 - 06/30/06 05:54 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I get 5 full doses of mdma(either in a pill or molly) for $20 canadian lol...e is like water here(well I do know the right ppl as well)

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#5806079 - 06/30/06 05:56 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I've also never had anything but high quality(literally never had a bad E) but again I know the right ppl

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
    #5806366 - 06/30/06 09:21 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Well there ya go, im very envious haha. :tongue:
Really though, i dont know why its so expensive here, must be because we are so isolated or something. There must be alot of criminal syndicates importing Ecstasy because busts like these in the past have never effected supply for me and so far there is no sign that these recent busts have effected anyone i know....

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#5807879 - 06/30/06 10:04 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

plus u guys have a very tight mail security(second to only singapore I believe) still not THAT tight but u gotta be careful for sure

OfflineJalruza
Boot Lover
Male User Gallery

#5819893 - 07/04/06 12:50 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

The notorius? Yeah i heard that E quality has been improving in the last few years in Australia...

But look at those packs, smugling in ink is shit, lol i wouldnt want my pills contaminated. Reminds me how they used to do the same shit with SOAP HASH in england. Smugle it at the bottom of pertol tracks from France!! Lol!

"What it does demonstrate is that no matter how clever a syndicate might think it is, Customs is alert to even the most outlandish concealment."

Yeah piggie, i bet there real proud of what they done, people who smugle should know better, that Australias got the toughest import control in the world...

Look at their color density coded scanners in airports, no other contry got such tech drug detecting gadgets

--------------------
Time keeps ticking and running away
And It's taking us fast to a brand new free dimension
Too cool to mention well that's the intention
But some of us too dame blind to see
Jesus is the King Volume I
Jesus is the King Volume II
Shroomery MSN club
I'm talking to aliens!
Volcano Vap and Brain Chakras
Hilary Duff!!
:gethigh:

Edited by Jalruza (07/04/06 12:59 PM)

OfflineJalruza
Boot Lover
Male User Gallery

#5819923 - 07/04/06 12:57 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

the_notorious said:
Really though, i dont know why its so expensive here

Because of busts like this :grin:

Hey in 2003 when i was down under i heard stories that they imported Es, crushed the quality pills and then pressed them back with additives...

Where i was near Brisbane i could get 50 pills for a 20 piece from my dealers.

Hey what this i hear people telling me that in Australia they have "strong" pills? Like they say they only take one and they good? Must be a lot of additives in them that make you MESSY and hence give out false impression of strong. In Amsterdam all the pills and molly i get  i can pop them like sweets.

--------------------
Time keeps ticking and running away
And It's taking us fast to a brand new free dimension
Too cool to mention well that's the intention
But some of us too dame blind to see
Jesus is the King Volume I
Jesus is the King Volume II
Shroomery MSN club
I'm talking to aliens!
Volcano Vap and Brain Chakras
Hilary Duff!!
:gethigh: