Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

UK Amusement Park to Host "Muslim-Only" Day
    #5818122 - 07/04/06 01:03 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006300314,00.html
Quote:

By GUY PATRICK
and ANDY RUSSELL
BRITAIN’S biggest fun park has sparked a race row — with a MUSLIMS-ONLY day.

Up to 28,000 are expected at Alton Towers on September 17 when there will be no music, booze or gambling.

Instead there will be prayer areas, Muslim stalls and all food served will be HALAL.

Organisers Islamic Leisure have billed it the First National Muslim Fun Day and tickets can only be bought through their website.

Non-Muslims phoning the Staffordshire park have been refused tickets.

One, George Hughes, 19, who rang up for 15 tickets for a pal’s birthday, said: “I couldn’t believe it.

“It’s the only day we can go, yet I can’t because I’m not Muslim. Can you imagine all the fuss if there was a Christians-only day?”

George, of Crayford, Kent, added: “My Muslim friends think it’s outrageous.

“What’s the world coming to when people are being banned from flying the St George’s flag yet this sort of day is allowed? If it must be held, then why not on a weekday rather than a busy weekend?”

The event is widely promoted on the internet and the Muslim Public Affairs Committee declared it “exclusively for our brothers and sisters”.

But some Muslims have condemned the idea. One university student on a Muslim website forum said: “It’s hardly encouraging integration.”

Another said: “What next . . . an all Muslims shopping day out in the Trafford Centre in Manchester?”

Abid Hussan of Islamic Leisure insisted the day was open to all faiths, although Islamic laws would apply.

He added: “There will be no smoking, no alcohol and halal food only.

“We’re trying to get Muslims to go to this day because they wouldn’t normally go somewhere like Alton Towers. We’re trying to integrate Muslims into the wider community. People can come down and see the way we live. It will be a peaceful family environment.”

Alton Towers said any organisation could hire the park for a day.

A spokeswoman said “We make no distinction regarding sexuality, religious, ethnic or lifestyle choices.”

She confirmed tickets for the day were now available only through Islamic Leisure. And Alton Towers would promote the fact that the day had been booked.

She added: “As a general rule, there will be no admission on the day to guests who have not booked through the organisation in advance.”[/qoute]

Now, my complaint isn't that their is such a day, it's a private transaction between two private entities. I'm just noticing how England is falling down farther into the trap of 'multiculturalism' and Muslim appeasement. not to mention the reaction that we see from the media would be very different if their were a "White Only" or "Christian Only" day.

Just a FYI, so when we look back on the lost glory of the Western World, we can see some signposts along the path.

--------------------
Unions are the bastions of the mediocre. - luvdemshrooms

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: UK Amusement Park to Host "Muslim-Only" Day [Re: xDuckYouSuckerx]
    #5818143 - 07/04/06 01:09 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It's just sad more than anything.

--------------------
You gotta jump and swing up to hit me in the knees.

OfflineTrepiodos
Disgustipated
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles County Jail
    #5818189 - 07/04/06 01:20 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Things that make you go, "hmmmm." The whole world now know a good date and place for a bunch of IEDs to go off... Northern European Style. Will the godless heathens respond like those from 'a religion of peace?' I'm laying odds that they won't, but then I'm a godless heathen too.

--------------------

And as things fell apart,
Nobody paid much attention...

- David Byrne, '(Nothing But) Flowers' from the Talking Heads' album, 'Naked'

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: UK Amusement Park to Host "Muslim-Only" Day [Re: Trepiodos]
    #5818232 - 07/04/06 01:32 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yea, I'd be interested to see what happens if a few of the more radical members of , say, the BNP decided to go "ride fixing"the night before.

--------------------

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #5818543 - 07/04/06 02:59 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

US Theme parks, like Six Flags, have Christian Family days frequently. What's wrong with a faith based group hiring a privately run amusement park?

As for what seems like death wishing on the children and families that may attend, thats just plain sick.

OfflineRosettaStoned
Stranger

Loc: North America
    #5818671 - 07/04/06 04:09 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Just a FYI, so when we look back on the lost glory of the Western World, we can see some signposts along the path.

There are plenty of signposts, though it is quite a stretch to count this as one. Seems quite insignificant to me.

--------------------
"Government big enough to provide you with all you need is also big enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Without stupid, faggy potheads we wouldn't have wars." - Zappa

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #5818765 - 07/04/06 05:25 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Get over it, it's the private sector. Quit being such a Lefty :tongue:

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Re: UK Amusement Park to Host "Muslim-Only" Day [Re: Basilides]
    #5819011 - 07/04/06 09:24 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Get over it, it's the private sector. Quit being such a Lefty

Well, I'm a Lefty too but it makes perfect sense to me. The park is a private enterprise, just like a restaurant, and just like a restaurant it lets itself be rented by large groups.

Such is the case here. If the shroomery had rented the place then only members and sympathizers are allowed.

And it makes perfect sense for muslims. They as a group take offence at alcohol and tobacco, and the foods they are allowed to eat have to be specially prepared. This allows people who would otherwise not go access to an amusement park and if you think about it for a minute it's a good thing to expose muslim immigrants to amusement parks: it promotes integration and shows them that the "other side" of the polarisation isn't half bad.

And being muslim by no means is a racial thing: many British muslims are native British, but adopted the religion as their own.

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #2
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLIC YOU  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

#5819018 - 07/04/06 09:34 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
Get over it, it's the private sector. Quit being such a Lefty :tongue:

Yea, no shit Hooked on Phonics, didn't I already say I don't have a problem with it that would mandate legislation?  It's just absurd, really.

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: UK Amusement Park to Host "Muslim-Only" Day [Re: Asante]
    #5819743 - 07/04/06 02:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

Get over it, it's the private sector. Quit being such a Lefty

Well, I'm a Lefty too but it makes perfect sense to me. The park is a private enterprise, just like a restaurant, and just like a restaurant it lets itself be rented by large groups.

Such is the case here. If the shroomery had rented the place then only members and sympathizers are allowed.

And it makes perfect sense for Muslims. They as a group take offence at alcohol and tobacco, and the foods they are allowed to eat have to be specially prepared. This allows people who would otherwise not go access to an amusement park and if you think about it for a minute it's a good thing to expose muslim immigrants to amusement parks: it promotes integration and shows them that the "other side" of the polarisation isn't half bad.

And being muslim by no means is a racial thing: many British muslims are native British, but adopted the religion as their own.

I think the main problem lies in the double standard of our PC world. It is white people, and white people alone who have to shift their beliefs/rituals/behaviors in order to accomidate non-whites.

Can you imagine the uproar if this park held a white only day, and don't give me that crap that its about religion and not race. Show me some white or non-Arab/black Muslims who would be welcome at this event, and I will retract that statement.

I am just getting sick of all this pandering to non-whites because we are so afraid of offending them, in our own lands!! All I want is equal rights for everyone, not special treatment if you happen to be born non-white.

BTW happy holidays to you this December, as we all know, to say Merry Christmas is downright offensive  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #5819790 - 07/04/06 02:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

it's private property. let them do what they want.

most western countries should greatly reduce admitting immigrants from predominantly muslim countries. buying out a theme park for a day is one thing, but these people also vote. we have enough religious nuts as it is, and europe's growing muslim immigrant population doesn't seem to be doing it much good.

--------------------

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Re: UK Amusement Park to Host "Muslim-Only" Day [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #5819796 - 07/04/06 02:24 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Muslims are not a race, and I imagine that a Muslim group rented time at the amusement park. It is not "special treatment".

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Invisiblepsilomonkey

#5819824 - 07/04/06 02:30 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Show me some white or non-Arab/black Muslims who would be welcome at this event, and I will retract that statement.

There are plenty white Muslims in Britain, they generally move from places like Bosnia, Albania, Kosova, Bulgaria, Western Turkey and Russia.

I am just getting sick of all this pandering to non-whites because we are so afraid of offending them, in our own lands!! All I want is equal rights for everyone, not special treatment if you happen to be born non-white.

It has nothing to do with pandering to 'non-whites' its a private booking, paid for by private faith based organizations. As such, I would be about as welcome as I and my mates would be at your wedding for example.

Invisiblepsilomonkey

Re: UK Amusement Park to Host "Muslim-Only" Day [Re: wilshire]
    #5819833 - 07/04/06 02:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wilshire said:
and europe's growing muslim immigrant population doesn't seem to be doing it much good.

They do keep mini-cab prices down :smile:

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5819837 - 07/04/06 02:34 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

isnt Alton Towers a secret giant oven?

Whoops! I've said too much

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Re: UK Amusement Park to Host "Muslim-Only" Day [Re: psilomonkey]
    #5819848 - 07/04/06 02:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psilomonkey said:
Quote:

wilshire said:
and europe's growing muslim immigrant population doesn't seem to be doing it much good.

They do keep mini-cab prices down :smile:

lol, i actually read that somewhere

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: UK Amusement Park to Host "Muslim-Only" Day [Re: psilomonkey]
    #5819859 - 07/04/06 02:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psilomonkey said:
Show me some white or non-Arab/black Muslims who would be welcome at this event, and I will retract that statement.

There are plenty white Muslims in Britain, they generally move from places like Bosnia, Albania, Kosova, Bulgaria, Western Turkey and Russia.

Yes, I know that, but how many do you think of these types will be welcomed at this event?????

It has nothing to do with pandering to 'non-whites' its a private booking, paid for by private faith based organizations. As such, I would be about as welcome as I and my mates would be at your wedding for example.

Okay, again I will say, the problem lies with in the double standard. What would happen if there was a "White person only" day at this theme park. It would be sued for racism, and its owners probably thrown in jail for hate crimes. Even though its a PRIVATE company.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5819868 - 07/04/06 02:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
Muslims are not a race, and I imagine that a Muslim group rented time at the amusement park. It is not "special treatment".

If someone can find out whether this time was rented out, or being offered by the park, I would appreciate it.

--------------------
Capliberty:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: UK Amusement Park to Host "Muslim-Only" Day [Re: wilshire]
    #5819881 - 07/04/06 02:46 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

it's private property. let them do what they want.

Invisiblepsilomonkey

#5819916 - 07/04/06 02:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.towersalmanac.com/index.php?show_story=248

Quote:

The park will be closed to guests paying on the day later this year, as a Muslim company has bought the park for the day.

Tickets for the day in question, Saturday 17th September, are only on sale from Islamic Leisure - a company describing themselves as "an up and coming leisure provider in the UK focusing on the needs of the Muslim community".

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

General Interest >> Political Discussion