Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

BIRDSEED/MILLET STERILIZATION?? HELP!
    #581789 - 03/17/02 10:13 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Was wondering if there is any way i can sterilze birdseed/millet (any kind) with a microwave, or boiling it as if it was from the PF Tek. Also ive read from another post that i can crush up birdseed, and then i would be able to boil it, but i want whole grain birdseed, so can i use the microwave or stove, if so, please reply with details on the procedure, any help is most apprecaited.
Thank you in advance.
-Victor

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: BIRDSEED/MILLET STERILIZATION?? HELP! [Re: ]
    #581824 - 03/17/02 11:01 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

**bump** for myself, ANYONE HELP?!?!?

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#581840 - 03/17/02 11:22 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Sorry, been away for spring break:). The best way is to use a pressure cooker. But if you donto have one, then you can try the microwave out, but dont do more than a couple jars so if it doesnt, your not wasting much. Birdseed is great when just boiled and allowed to soak up water and double in size. No crushing or grinding is required for success at birdseed IMO its just extra work.:)bluhoney 

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
    #581870 - 03/18/02 12:06 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Before I had a pressure cooker, I sucessfully sterilized birdseed without a microwave, but the procedure was a pain in the ass. First, I soaked the birdseed by boiling some water and pouring it onto the dry seed. After a day of soaking, I added the appropriate amount of vermiculite and then boiled the jars for an hour(the time depends on the size of the jars; mine were 1/2 pints). I let them cool to room temperature and then froze all of them. The next day, I let them thaw out and then boiled them again for an hour. They were sterile at this point and ready to use.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #581943 - 03/18/02 01:55 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Ground the millet like brf - in powder form your more likely to sterile successfully without a pressure cooker.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds