Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinedjInfctdMushroom
Stranger
Female
Loc: seattle WA
best cake mix....
    #5816403 - 07/03/06 03:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

alright i sold some 1 quart jars mixed/w substrate and pressure cooked and sanitized.. of the substrate mixture  i use so someone could compare it to brf/verm mix and see if the nutrient benefit more and see which is better and now i keep getting emails from people asking me what it is so i thought maybe id share it with people online if they haven't already seen this mixture its called hippie cakes mixture as introduced by the man hippie3 all should try it if you use brf/verm mix's cause its bout 10 fold better and Ive used it for a many time and the results are uncanny ill compare it to the anyones cakes any day
i use lake water (bottled is fine tho) with 4 tablespoons of liquid kelp extract added per
gallon(THIS IS THE BEST TEK FOR WHERE TO GET YOUR WATER, RAIN WATER RIVER WATER,ETC JUST NO GREAT LAKE'S WATER TO MANY OILS AND WHAT NOT)

toss a cup or 2 of worm castings in a 2.5 gallon jug with that and let it brew a couple days thats you fill the 2.5g jug with water so it can just fit the one cup shake let it sit..(this is not totally necessary i don't do this step anymore simply for smell factors and its low in nutrients any ways)

> a batch = 12 half pints
(note... i make the cups heaping over the top with 5 cups
each batch gets 5 cups verm, medium horticultural
2 cups coarse ground rice(i leave it fairly 'chunky'
grinding in a coffee grinder)
2 cups water 'kelp tea'

then i add

1 teaspoon of nut. yeast,
2 tablespoon bee pollen,
2 tablespoon flax seed, mixed 50/50 red and golden
2tablespoon shredded coconut meat,
2 tablespoon blue corn meal
2 tablespoon yellow corn meal

I found both kelp and castings at a garden center, and flax, bee pollen,nut. yeast, and unsweetened coconut at a health food store.
(you can also grab Just the regular stuff in the grocery store
Shredded coconut and corn meal.)
I also  mix my verm with water, then stir in the ground rice. This helps to make a lighter fluffy mix. then mix the nutes together for the best mixture i feel possible

don't try tamping the mix down in the jars. I add it loosely and leave room for the verm barrier. The loose airy mix really speeds up
colonization.i find taking your jar and rubbing it on the surface in a circular motion helps it to set a little bit better but still giving the space needed without tamping on the jar.

then you put it in the pressure cooker 15 psi for 65 minutes and there ready or just boil em at make sure to put the pan on the burner then turn it on not a good idea to boil water and then put glass in the pot  i also add a cloth to space them  apart when using boiling tek)
try it tell me what you think of it i think its the best :thumbup:

--------------------
po box'x and bowling alleys are a growers best freind :thumbup:
No statements made in any post or message by any persons and/or parties should be constructed to concieve means or measures that I am now, or have ever been, involved in or considering participation or involvement in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction and thats a fact.  dunking tek video  knock substrate tek video  rye grain knock tek video
i asian.. self explanitory right

Edited by djInfctdMushroom (07/03/06 03:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Loc: virgina
Re: best cake mix.... [Re: djInfctdMushroom]
    #5816439 - 07/03/06 03:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ymmmm aaaa, maybe latter.....

--------------------
The only ones for me are the mad ones..........
                  :ass2mouth:

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: best cake mix.... [Re: trentallica]
    #5816593 - 07/03/06 04:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

the real best cake mix:

but really... whats the point of most of those ingredients?  coconut meat?  come on now... your mycelium eats better than i do :smile:  you can probably stop at the top right before you put the "then i add..." and i'll bet you see next to no difference.  i like experimentation more than most but do we really need a shopping list a mile long for a brf cake?  i can see the kelp as helping, and the fresh ground brf as helping, but thats about it.  i don't buy that any fancy combination of random ingredients gives you a cake thats "10 fold better"...

OfflinePr0_X
CultivationLifer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Igloo's and polar bears
Re: best cake mix.... [Re: creamcorn]
    #5816633 - 07/03/06 04:31 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

How's about per a 250ml jar

150ml vermiculite
20ml WBS flour
20ml Rye Flour
10ml dextrose

Bottled water or boiled water.

Vola, best of both worlds.

--------------------
It's okay to hurt my feelings
cause you know, they're so numb anyway.
but I guess it's what I get
for being to fuckin stupid to stay away - Jake

- Support the FSR at www.fsrcanada.com and www.fsre.nl

OfflinedjInfctdMushroom
Stranger
Female
Re: best cake mix.... [Re: Pr0_X]
    #5816711 - 07/03/06 04:51 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

wow..... but coconut meat and corn meal are both are high sources of kinetin, a growth hormone specifically in which you need for vigorous fruiting nut yeast has a ton of nutes like i said try it and tell me if its exactly the same. i noticed big differences faster colonizing times and larger flushes Ive done side by side tests of many mixtures and this one always turns better or some have little to compare Ive only found 2 others that have same yield but take more to ingredient its up to you but try one a few jars tell me yours is the same or better the original thread of where this all started if i can find the one where he revised it i will only thing i could say might not be worth it is bee pollen and flax seed ive cut them many times and still got same performance you can cut everything down to 1 instead of 2 after then i add but you get much nicer ones with the original one as posted in the top of the thread

Edited by djInfctdMushroom (07/03/06 05:02 PM)

Offlinejohnuk
Strangerlove
Re: best cake mix.... [Re: Pr0_X]
    #5816725 - 07/03/06 04:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I tried making some mix recently using RGS and honey.

I mixed the honey with some Brita filtered tap water to get a 1 - 3% mixture. I added an excess of that to my RGS and let it soak overnight for ~18 - 24 hours. Next day I scooped it into a sieve and let it sit for ~24 hours again to let it drain (very important).

Seems to be colonising pretty quickly.

My thought was that the honey, being simple sugar, would accelerate the colonisation rate because it needs so little digestion. Once established, the mycelium can digest the more complex RGS carbohydrates for endurance energy.

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: best cake mix.... [Re: djInfctdMushroom] * 1
    #5816741 - 07/03/06 05:02 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

djInfctdMushroom said:
wow I'm not gonna explain that to you but coconut meat and corn meal are both are high sources of kinetin, a growth hormone specifically in which you need for vigorous fruiting nut yeast has a ton of nutes like i said try it and tell me if its exactly the same i noticed i big difference faster colonizing time and larger flushs ive done side by side tests of many mixtures and this one always turns better or some have little to compare ive only found 2 others that have same yeild but take more to ingredient its up to you but try one a few jars tell me yours is the same or better

well i think you should explain it before suggesting people go on a wild goose chase all over town for crazy ingredients to put in their cakes. kinetin is a plant hormone, and last i checked we're talking about mushroom cultivation. you do realize that mushroom fruit bodies are completely developed at the primordia stage and gain no additional cells as they mature into full size mushrooms? how exactly is a hormone that stimulates cell division in plants going to give us more vigorous fruiting? animal liver has a lot of nutes in it too, should we start feeding our mushrooms paté?

OfflinedjInfctdMushroom
Stranger
Female
    #5816744 - 07/03/06 05:04 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

actually everything you can get at jewel osco sept for liquid kelp but you get that at your gardening center or anywhere geolite is sold should have it

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by any persons and/or parties should be constructed to concieve means or measures that I am now, or have ever been, involved in or considering participation or involvement in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction and thats a fact.  dunking tek video  knock substrate tek video  rye grain knock tek video

Edited by djInfctdMushroom (07/03/06 05:06 PM)

OfflinedjInfctdMushroom
Stranger
Female
    #5816756 - 07/03/06 05:08 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

try it im not gonna explain cause like ive said ive done side by sides and this works.
even the mix posted
"150ml vermiculite
20ml WBS flour
20ml Rye Flour
10ml dextrose"
im just saying if your looking for something better its ez you can buy everything in as much bulk as a brf/verm mix and ima swear by it

--------------------

OfflineYamidude
Stranger

#5816763 - 07/03/06 05:10 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

djInfctdMushroom said:
actually everything you can get at jewel osco sept for liquid kelp but you get that at your gardening center or anywhere geolite is sold should have it

and wtf is a jewel osco?

OfflinedjInfctdMushroom
Stranger
Female
Re: best cake mix.... [Re: Yamidude]
    #5816781 - 07/03/06 05:16 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well unfortunately you don't have a jewel osco that sucks its your standard super grocery store you just wont find unsweetened coconut usually even at wal mart Ive gotten everything but I'm not gonna guarantee walmart health food store has flaxseed and bee pollen but jewel will has them in there vitamin section other then that your on your own I'm just giving you the ingredients

--------------------

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: best cake mix.... [Re: Yamidude]
    #5816789 - 07/03/06 05:18 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well a "10 fold increase" is a pretty big claim to make with no proof, and not so much as even an explanation as to how that can be... especially considering with the output of a typical plain brf cake if multiplied by 10 would impossibly exceed the limits of bioefficiency.  and lets not forget things like wbs works too, but costs pennies per pound.

if it works for you and you swear by it then by all means keep it up.  maybe you can show us some pictures of those cakes side by side  :derfase:

OfflineYefet2000
HolyLandShroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: IsraHell
    #5816813 - 07/03/06 05:28 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You know, with all of these stuff inside your cake, how much did you spend on it ? if you kept it simple you could invest in Tenn Stud and casing, yield more than any cake...
anyway if you claim its that good, post us some pics when you'll get some fruits, that way no one can argue.
and BTW before you make such experiment, wait for results...
Good luck anyway

--------------------
Me fail english ? Thats unpossible...

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
Re: best cake mix.... [Re: Yefet2000]
    #5817058 - 07/03/06 06:37 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i find millet+LC colonizes the fastest, spawned to hpoo and then cased seems the best way... my F+ is tearing through the millet CRAZY fast... might even be done before my tennstud gets here, i hope not though :P

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate