Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
an observation...
    #5812447 - 07/02/06 03:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

when i look at the threads on the first page of the PAL forum, most of them are about US foreign policy, in particular, the middle east and terrorism.

my question is: why should i even care about this? why should any of us?

it doesn't seem to affect me at all. american soldiers (who are paid volunteers) are fighting insurgents in the middle east who are, or would be, also fighting eachother. bunch of morons killing eachother for no good reason. let them at eachother if they want to keep fighting for all i care.

of course i don't support any of it, and i vote against it for a few reasons, but none of that really has to do with stopping the killing. i want my country to have integrity and a positive perception abroad. i want my tax dollars spend on something useful. those aren't major concerns though. the worst part of the whole thing is the intentional killing of civilians and destruction of property by terrorists to create discontent. i'm not so sure that would stop if we left, but it would probably decrease. still, it is they that are killing their own people with those attacks, not the united states.

i tend to care a lot more about domestic issues, but for whatever reason, they don't seem as fashionable to discuss on the board as foreign policy.

i also think most of the threads about foreign policy are too focused on particulars and lack discussion about the bigger questions. there is discussion about this event or that event, but not of theory and policy in general. it's basically just gossip. for whatever reason, threads about domestic policy tend to be more theoretical, which is another reason i like them more.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: an observation... [Re: wilshire]
    #5812543 - 07/02/06 03:53 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

An Observation? Who are you, isaac fucking newton?

hah, sorry :smile:

That is an interesting observation.  Americans should care a thousand times more about domestic issues rather than foreign policy.  Foreign policy should basically be a one-sentance statement that has the phrase "no foreign entanglements" in it, underlined and boldfaced.

--------------------
Unions are the bastions of the mediocre. - luvdemshrooms

Offlinesnoopaloop53
No BetterFriend. NoWorse Friend.

#5813210 - 07/02/06 08:45 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

<b>my question is: why should i even care about this? why should any of us?</b>

Because the US can't be an isolationist country anymore. The world is to small for us to keep to ourselves. We need to trade and have business with other countries. This is much easier if we have influences on the foreign governments. A lot of us on this board probably care and discuss it b/c we see that we have to be active in the world community.

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: an observation... [Re: snoopaloop53]
    #5813380 - 07/02/06 09:42 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

We can trade without having to influence them. We don't trade anything with Israel (unless you consider their purchasing our weapons, with money we gave them, "Trade"), and yet we give them billions of dollars per year. Why? I can understand if we trade with a foreign nation and some outside influence tries to stop that, say, by blowing up oil fields. Putting troops on the ground there can help protect our interests. However, we don't have any need or reason to get involved in every conflict that happens in this world.

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: an observation... [Re: xDuckYouSuckerx]
    #5815404 - 07/03/06 12:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

xDuckYouSuckerx said:
We can trade without having to influence them. We don't trade anything with Israel (unless you consider their purchasing our weapons, with money we gave them, "Trade"), and yet we give them billions of dollars per year. Why? I can understand if we trade with a foreign nation and some outside influence tries to stop that, say, by blowing up oil fields. Putting troops on the ground there can help protect our interests. However, we don't have any need or reason to get involved in every conflict that happens in this world.

No, the states have no business in the middle east, except oil interests, which can be taken care of with out fighting wars. If you want to know why your foreign policy is the way it is, you have to look at who is calling the shots, and who gains.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Israel/Israel_Lobby_US.html

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5815594 - 07/03/06 01:32 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well, what we're doing in Iraq(and elsewhere) affects how America is perceived in the world, which affects how people will act towards us. The more America pisses off the rest of the world, the more badly it reflects on me as US citizen. If our foreign policy inspires future attacks like 9/11, then it ultimately may affect my safety. Even if I'm not personally in danger from a terrorist attack, my civil liberties certainly would be. As we have seen, major attacks to our safety from outside are met with major attacks to our freedom from within. I'd hate to see the next Patriot Act.

So in conclusion, the US's foreign policy does affect me, because it affects domestic policy.

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: an observation... [Re: Silversoul]
    #5815636 - 07/03/06 01:43 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Well, what we're doing in Iraq(and elsewhere) affects how America is perceived in the world, which affects how people will act towards us.  The more America pisses off the rest of the world, the more badly it reflects on me as US citizen.  If our foreign policy inspires future attacks like 9/11, then it ultimately may affect my safety.  Even if I'm not personally in danger from a terrorist attack, my civil liberties certainly would be.  As we have seen, major attacks to our safety from outside are met with major attacks to our freedom from within.  I'd hate to see the next Patriot Act.

So in conclusion, the US's foreign policy does affect me, because it affects domestic policy.

well said  :thumbup:

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: an observation... [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #5816471 - 07/03/06 05:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
Quote:

xDuckYouSuckerx said:

No, the states have no business in the middle east, except oil interests, which can be taken care of with out fighting wars. If you want to know why your foreign policy is the way it is, you have to look at who is calling the shots, and who gains.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Israel/Israel_Lobby_US.html

Preaching to the choir, I realize that our support of Israel, financed and pushed by AIPAC Zionist Jews in America, is one of our biggest foreign policy blunders.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion