Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrmonkey
Stranger

Help with casing, please (pics added)
    #5815891 - 07/03/06 12:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hello all,

I started with 12 jars of BRF and vermi and lost one to contams.

I made a casing and put it in the closet for 7 days, when I took it out it looked very good according to the pictures I have looked at. So I taped another tupperware container on top and left a hole for misting with I covered with tape.

The temp and humidity was 75 and 90-95 but I got concerned with air exchange and contams from the misting so I went out and bought an aquarium and copied the tek on here involving a fish pump built into a filtered box, I made sure I got one with dual output so I could run hose into each end of the tank. humidity was not a big concern because my cave has high humidity and keeping it 90-100 is easy with a light misting a day and temps in my cave are 73-75 all the time.

This is where I went wrong, instead of waiting for my new jars to colonize and using my new set up I fixed what wasn't broke yet and decided to put the casing in their.

I had two dome type set ups and they both wouldn't fit but if I took them out of the casing they would fit perfect in the tank, so I added about 1 or 2 inch of vermi on the bottom of the tank and tried to transfer the casings but they broke apart. And I hadn't removed the casing.

I was left with a very clumpy and uneven casing in my tank where some of the substrate was mixed with the casing layer and no longer on top. This was the second day, I had about 4 pins so I decided to leave it alone as see what happens.

So with my pump running 24/7 the Temp was 74 and the humidity 92-93, I sealed everything well and left the light on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours, I peeked this morning and see no noticeable difference but everything looks healthy according to pics, just only 6 pins and moisture looks good just the casing is messy looking.

Should I just leave it alone since pinning has seemed to started?

Should I add a casing layer on top of everything?

Is a dual output pump for a 60 gallon tank good enough to handle air exchange or should I still fan sometimes?

Please help I don't wanna lose this I been waiting a month!!

Edited by mrmonkey (07/03/06 01:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemrmonkey
Stranger

Re: Help with casing, please [Re: mrmonkey]
    #5815920 - 07/03/06 01:05 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I just took another look at it. The substrate is kind of all mixed up with the casing and from where it was broken apart their are crevices and empty spaces.

Also I have one big stem that grew out then back into the casing at first I thought that the stem had green on it but I looked close and it is more of a purple color in a spot where it is bent, I assume the tightness of the bend is causing that and not contams?

Offlinetallgreen
chillin like avillain
 User Gallery
Re: Help with casing, please [Re: mrmonkey]
    #5815956 - 07/03/06 01:15 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Just leave it alone. It sounds like you have messed with it too much as it is. If your temp and humidity is right you should be ok. Just make sure you cover all the basics and let it do it's thing. It will recover from any disturbances you have caused, providing it does not become contaminated. Adding more variables will probably just make things worse. If you want more advice post some pictures.

--------------------
Nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
All you need is love.
- The Beatles

Offlinemrmonkey
Stranger

Re: Help with casing, please [Re: tallgreen]
    #5816071 - 07/03/06 01:44 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, thats what I thought leave it alone.

This is my first time, hope I didnt blow it.

Is it normal to only have 6 pins after two days?
If things go right should I expect more over the next few days?
If I do get a flush should I add a thin casing after it?
Even with a dual out put pump should I still fan sometimes?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix