Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefrommoon
Stranger
Loc: Plutos Third
Amazing Potency - The likes of which I have not seen since
    #5814544 - 07/03/06 04:08 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I consider myself to be a high-end beginner to intermediate cultivator with still much to learn. But as I continue to cultivate I can't seem to shake this one mystery. My very first cultivating experiences were with kits that a friend was sending me from the UK, by way of the Netherlands. Yes, I know getting things mailed like that was stupid and I don't do that anymore and it has been almost 2 years now. I got through it without any glitches. These were fully colonized tray kits that had a layer of perlite on the bottom, then a layer of colonized grain, then a layer of vermic on top. Most of them came all that way fine, a few did go bad while in transit, and a couple froze during one brutal winter. Anyway, I believe the kits were labeled as Mexi-something strains (they were definetly cubes). You basically provided a decent FC for it, and poured water into the perlite layer between flushes. Many of the flushes were bumper crops and a couple of those actually kept producing for a few months through like 5 or 6 flushes (although much diminished flushes). What the mystery is though for me was the potency. Since then on my own I have cultivated a number of strains including pan cyans and have never seen anything like what those kits produced in regard to potency. It was not just me, I had experienced festival friends tell me that never before had they had such a wild ride and never before were the visuals so far ranging and out of this world. And this was reported back to me over and over again. I knew it as well, but all of the reports sealed my conclusion. There was something special with these and this did not vary from kit to kit. They were all like this, even over the course of about a year that I was getting them. I was too green at the time as far a cultivator and was not making prints. Damn. Now I am searching for something that matches that strain, cause there is no compare as of yet in my cultivating. I think this topic is OK for this forum since it does involve cultivation, sorry if not. But does anyone have any insight to this or similar experience. It still boggles me a bit that I have not seen anything like those ever since. And no I can't get those anymore because the laws have changed in the UK and my friend won't take the rist, nor I. Needed to get it off my chest though.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Amazing Potency - The likes of which I have not seen since [Re: frommoon]
    #5814893 - 07/03/06 08:07 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

What do you use to grow with? Using a mixed-compost method (hpoo + 5% additives like blood meal, kelp, stevia, black mustard seed) might be the key... when ordering things like you did, they are usually made with a mixed-substrate for optimal nutrition. I have found Huautla\Oaxaca strain to be a particularly dank Mexican strain (maybe you had Mexi-cubes?).

Also... i had 1 batch of some Z-strain on some Alien Tek mixed-grain substrate... ppl were taking doses all less then 1g... .5-.7, a smaller guy  and a couple girls,  and tripping really nicely (mutual hallucinations and the sort)... so this might be something to consider.

All else fails, it might be worth contacting the supplier and asking the strain + substrate they used (but assuming by your post, this may not be an option.).

PESA + Orissa India 50/50 40gram Fresh trip was one of my most visual....

37g Fresh Tasmanian...

4.3g Huautla

All equally great + particularly visual...

2.5g Thailand Lipa yai was also a surprisingly visual trip

Hope all this info helps you somehow!!!  :thumbup: :crazy2: :mushroom2:

-SDP :bigblunt:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Edited by SDP (07/03/06 09:12 AM)

Offlinerackemwillie
Stranger
Re: Amazing Potency - The likes of which I have not seen since [Re: SDP]
    #5814926 - 07/03/06 08:18 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i would have to agree with SDP about the additives, ive heard alot about this increasing potency.

and i have tried fresh tasmanian as well as fresh thailand lipa yai. those were amazing. thought the tasmanians were a bit better though

OfflineFractalXplora
Grainiack
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Amazing Potency - The likes of which I have not seen since [Re: rackemwillie]
    #5814994 - 07/03/06 08:59 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i get great visuals form hualta,a lovely strain, one of my favs for visuals and euphoric feeling :smile:boom shanka!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation