Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejcasias
Stranger
 User Gallery

What makes a water bong a water bong?
    #5807875 - 06/30/06 10:02 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I bought a small bong/water pipe today and I had a few questions. First off, can I only put water in the bong or could i add ice? The reason that i would add the ice is obviously when things are cold they condense, higher denisity means ultimetly more smoke in my lungs. My second question is this, i only have a bowl, i don't have the little hole to put my finger on while i pull the smoke in and let go of when i inhale, do i simply remove the bowl to suck the smoke in? Will grabbing the bowl burn the shit out of my hand?

--------------------
Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Re: What makes a water bong a water bong? [Re: jcasias]
    #5807880 - 06/30/06 10:05 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Bongs
Bongs, or water pipes if you are in a head shop, pass the smoke through water to cool and filter it. Grass is put into a bowl on the end of a tube whose other end is in a sealed container partially filled with water. The end of the bowl's tube is below the level of the water so that as the smoke exits the pipe it is bubble through a layer of water. The air pressure in the chamber is lowered by breathing through another tube that stays above the water level in the chamber. When the air pressure inside the chamber is lowered, air from outside the chamber passes through the bowl and its tube and bubbles through the water. Bongs are not particularly portable, as they tend to be awkward, delicate, and heavy. Sizes range from the size of a small pill container to eight foot tall escapees from a mad scientist laboratory. Principally made from glass, plastic, ceramic, and metal they can be an art form unto themselves. The principal benefit of smoking grass through a bong is that the smoke is cooled and several carcinogens are removed without removing the active ingredients. One can put any number of liquids in the chamber to filter the smoke, and beer or other forms of alcohol are often used, but this is not recommended. The active ingredients in marijuana are fat and alcohol soluble and when filtered through such substances the active ingredients go into solution. In addition the carcinogens in marijuana smoke are water soluble so that when smoke passed through some liquid other than water one loses active ingredients and gains carcinogens in the smoke entering your lungs. One method recommended is to put ice water in the chamber, the cooled water is not quite as effective at removing the carcinogens but the additional cooling is favored among smokers. Carburetors are small openings in the chamber that are covered during the hit and towards the end opened to allow all the smoke to escape the chamber. Occasionally one finds a bong designed so that carboration is accomplished by lifting the bowl slightly and allowing the air to enter the bowl tube.

From www.erowid.org

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Re: What makes a water bong a water bong? [Re: despisedicon]
    #5807884 - 06/30/06 10:07 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bong

Theres more here.  I suggest you bookmark both www.erowid.org and Wikipedia.  Shit load of infomation on both sites.

:dancingshroom:

InvisibleMezcal
    #5807949 - 06/30/06 10:42 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I am not really following the ice=more condensed logic, but certainly putting ice water in a bong cools the smoke further.

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Re: What makes a water bong a water bong? [Re: Mezcal]
    #5807997 - 06/30/06 11:00 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I like ice in the bong. I wanna try one of them bongs you put in the freezer.

http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_h...iProductID=2334

InvisibleDIRTYMAN
Jesusdon'tcomethrough thecotton.
Female
Loc: CZ NIGGUH
Re: What makes a water bong a water bong? [Re: despisedicon]
    #5808289 - 07/01/06 12:23 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Just make sure you clear your hit when using ice, the smoke goes stale really quick making it painful to clear the bong :bongload:

--------------------
I'm racist.                http://k-k-k.com/

OfflineYayitsme
10-56
Male
Re: What makes a water bong a water bong? [Re: DIRTYMAN]
    #5808925 - 07/01/06 03:30 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

If you're gonna use ice i would suggest putting water in with it, because in my experience, straight ice will really work your throat and make it feel all raspy. :thumbdown:

--------------------
He aint got a cent, supposed to go to management but he spent it getting bent.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What makes a water bong a water bong? [Re: Yayitsme]
    #5809028 - 07/01/06 05:37 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

that freezer bong looks awesome...

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
    #5809216 - 07/01/06 09:25 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Does the bowl have a handle on it?

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: What makes a water bong a water bong? [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5809276 - 07/01/06 10:05 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

bongs and al smoking pieces tend to follow very basic principles. As long as you can meet those basic requirements (air flows through the piece, please tell me that's not too complicated for any of you) you can do whatever you want to it.

Yes, ice works well. Especially if you can crush/grind it first. Water iss necessary but will make it melt faster. Buy an 'ice bong' (basically just any bong with a curve or something in the neck to stop the ice from falling through). And yes, MOST bongs do have a choke method in one way or another, whether it be a small hole or a removeable bowl, so in other words, as long as you have a handle, touching the bowl wont hurt you, and yes, remove the bowl to clear the chamber. Enjoy.

OfflineFrozenCustard
Stranger
Re: What makes a water bong a water bong? [Re: StickyWater]
    #5812745 - 07/02/06 03:20 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I would like to note too.

Try putting really really hot water in your bong. Boiling may be a bit too hot, just as hot as your tap will get.

You will be able to inhale till your hearts content and it will be the smoothest smoke youve ever had. I presonally prefer hot water over cold any day.

The cold will actually contract your muscles whereas the hot water will "open you up" its quite nice

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #5812773 - 07/02/06 03:36 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DIRTYMAN said:
Just make sure you clear your hit when using ice, the smoke goes stale really quick making it painful to clear the bong :bongload:

What do you mean by the smoke becoming "stale".  What happens to the physical structure of the molecules inside the smoke when it reaches a "stale" state??  I don't think you know what  you are talking about.

Referring to ice in the bong, i think the smoke being condensed and therefore being able to pull more smoke into your lungs is secondary to using ice for the reason of simply cooling the smoke so that it doesn't hurt the throat or lungs.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineAA2277
Resident DiphHead
Male User Gallery

Re: What makes a water bong a water bong? [Re: TODAY]
    #5813136 - 07/02/06 06:13 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

once my friends pullcarb handle broke, and we just wrapped a paperclip around the end and held onto that. You usually dont have to pull it out all the way.

I personally prefer gravitys, specifically the kind i make myself, over anything else, i can smoke up to 2 bowls in one hit, just get a gallon jug.

:laugh: anyone else with me on the gravitys?
i like the drain kind, not the kind you have to "pull up"

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: What makes a water bong a water bong? [Re: AA2277]
    #5813151 - 07/02/06 06:20 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Gravity hits are ok. I mean, if you get a big enough container and enough weed in the bowl you can get the most super massive hits I've ever encountered. However, it can really burn the fuck out of your throat and lungs.

I like bongs best. A little ice water in the bubble and a some crushed ice in the chamber and that's the best hit you can take IMO.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleDIRTYMAN
Jesusdon'tcomethrough thecotton.
Female
Loc: CZ NIGGUH
Re: What makes a water bong a water bong? [Re: TODAY]
    #5813355 - 07/02/06 07:28 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TODAY said:What do you mean by the smoke becoming "stale".  What happens to the physical structure of the molecules inside the smoke when it reaches a "stale" state??  I don't think you know what  you are talking about.

Load up your ice filled bong with a huge hit but don't clear it. Wait about 15-25 seconds then try to clear it. Make up your own scientific explanation as to why you can't take a normal sized bong rip and are coughing like a first timer :smirk:

--------------------
I'm racist.                http://k-k-k.com/

OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
    #5813896 - 07/02/06 10:19 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I am very suprised that quite a few people on here havent heard of a slip carb 0.o

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

Offlinechris92346
Stranger
Re: What makes a water bong a water bong? [Re: MauiGanjaMonster]
    #5813935 - 07/02/06 10:27 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I have found when using Ice my piece gets dirtier quicker so I asume some of the the smoke condenses.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies