Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEaTmEKiDs
journeyman

NEW THEORY FOR JARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #581333 - 03/17/02 02:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

What if we can make a jar with threads for the bands and lids on both sides that way air can go right thru it and help the speed of colonization. We all know the slowest part to colonize is the bottom, well what if we eliminate the bottom and inoculate on the both top and bottom of the jars via the double filter discs on both sides. The jars can sit on there sides for optimal air flow and much faster colonization. The bottom of jars usually takes like 4 days to a week to finish, if we can cut this down wit this new invention then the time it takes to colonize would drastically lower. Well, i want to invent this for all of us, if micron magick or anyone else that has the resources would like to help me PM me. I need the insight of the community to help this product make it, i really think this will help all of us a ton!! WELL, what ya think sound good? sound like it'll work? lemme know!

--------------------
?{???}?
Heres lookin at you kid!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: NEW THEORY FOR JARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: EaTmEKiDs]
    #581344 - 03/17/02 02:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If you innoculate deep enough, the bottom colonizes just fine.
Also, this is not a problem if you graduate to grain.

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: NEW THEORY FOR JARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: DinoMyc]
    #581456 - 03/17/02 04:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with Dyno. I use birdseed in pint jars. I pack down the substrate lighlty then make a cone-shaped 1/2" hole in the center with a sharpie pen. After PCing I only innoculate in the center and move the syringe slighlty so that the spores drip all the way down.

This way the subtstrate colonizes from the bottom and the center and gets better airflow as well. I have had older PF tek style half-pints stall, but never a problem with my larger pints using this method. Colonizes very quickly too and I always get 100%!

Also switching to a Tyvek seal has made a huge improvement in speed and in preventing contams.

Try it.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation