Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Hookah, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCeeDro
Unknownpoet
Male
Loc: The Tampa Bay Area
The Cherry Effect (Tell me if any of you have ever noticed this before)
    #5811159 - 07/02/06 01:07 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Cherry Effect? WTH are you talking about???

I'm not sure if this has been discussed or noticed, or named before. I can't run a search, because I don't what to call it. So here is my attempt at a loose definition.

The Cherry Effect: Do you remember your first shroom trip? Or the first time you smoked the MJ, and got completely bombed from a relatively small amount? Or your very first MDMA experience, where EVERYTHING was just peachy, and all was right with you and the world? (I haven't personally tried MDMA myself, and have no desire too, for various reasons).

Everyone I have talked to about their first, cherry-popping trip with almost any drug (barring bad trips, of course), have told me the same thing: It was different than every time afterwards. Much, much more intense, and better because of that fact. I'm sure it's for reasons of novelty, and that seems to make sense. Your first foray into the depths of mind-altering substances should be memorable, and of course different than sobriety, which is your normal watermark of reality.

My first experience with mind-altering substance, was, like many of you, marijuana. That was, hands down, the best trip I ever had on the drug. Over the next year or so, I had much fun smoking with friends that were experienced potheads. I always had fun, and they liked smoking with me for reasons I didn't understand at the time.

Over the past few years, I have introduced three friends to pot, and their first time smoking MJ was with me. All three of those times were some of the best times smoking I have ever had. It was pretty dang close to my first trip,  as far as effects go. It seemed I got a lot higher off of the usual amount. I have come to believe, it is a spill-over, trickle-down effect. These people were having a friggin awesome first time, and by relation, I was too. I noticed this from the first time I 'popped' a 'cherry'.

At first I thought, it was might be just me. Maybe I am sensitive to the people around me. I now know this to not be the case. I ain't that receptive to clues :wink:

So I started asking around. Who else has noticed these effects? Talking to friends, and FOAFs, I began to discover, it wasn't just me getting a little extra 'high' from these virgins. Every single one of my buddies, and even enlightened coworkers noticed similar effects.

Now I am asking the Shroomery community. Have any of you experienced this before? Have you gotten close to the Original High from MJ, shrooms, or X? If you have, I would love to hear your story. If you haven't, I would love to hear your story even more!

Oh yeah, and is this 'Cherry Effect' already been documented or named before? I might be beating a dead horse here, so let me know, Shroomerites!!

CeeDro

--------------------
Up at Cody's camp I spent my days, oh.
With flat car riders and cross-tie walkers.
Old Cody, Junior took me over,
Said, "You're gonna find the world is smould'rin.
And if you get lost, come on home to Green River."

John Fogerty, 1969

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAntoine
travelling intime
Male User Gallery
Re: The Cherry Effect (Tell me if any of you have ever noticed this before) [Re: CeeDro]
    #5811180 - 07/02/06 01:22 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, that makes sense. The first time is always the most exciting because it's a novel experience. I experienced that cherry effect the first few times I smoked pot as well. I'm guessing that you're getting excitement or enjoyment from other people's exciting first experience, which then makes that experience much more exciting for you as well.

InvisibleRhysaboveit
Day Tripper
Female

Loc: Miami Fl
Re: The Cherry Effect (Tell me if any of you have ever noticed this before) [Re: Antoine]
    #5811235 - 07/02/06 01:49 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

"Virgin's i love em"

5 shrooms to the 1st to correctly guess the origin of this quote ( this is an easy one guys)

OK back on topic. I have definatly noticed this, though i dont often get to experience it because im usually very wary of being present while a newbie has their first experience, much less being the one who gives them the substance. Nothing elitist or anything, its just that i worry that if they turn out not to be able to handle it, or turn out to be asshats with drugs, i feel like i'm partially responsible for turning them onto the substance in the first place.

But then there are times when i have full faith in the person and i'll spark them up for their first time and its amazing. the high is so much like my first time and its a real great experience.

--------------------
No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough

"There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us."
"Shoot it."
"Not yet, I want to study its habits. "

OfflineCeeDro
Unknownpoet
Male
Loc: The Tampa Bay Area
Re: The Cherry Effect (Tell me if any of you have ever noticed this before) [Re: CeeDro]
    #5811266 - 07/02/06 02:00 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So you have experienced the same thing too then? I was just asking because my first time was so radically different, it was truly a class apart.. Those three times with first-timers is so damn close to that original special one...

You are absolutely correct about the asshats, and I too would feel guilty about turning someone on who to illicit substances, or that they might not be ready to handle the effects.. I have been lucky in that respect...

But then again I need more virgin victims to be sacrificed... (terrible Dracula accent ) "Bleh Bleh, I vant to suck your virgin life-force, bleh bleh!" heehee!

Do you think shrooms with the 'synergy' with fellow trippers follows the same suit? I've heard MDMA is very much the same way, as far as the 'Cherry Effect' goes.

--------------------
Up at Cody's camp I spent my days, oh.
With flat car riders and cross-tie walkers.
Old Cody, Junior took me over,
Said, "You're gonna find the world is smould'rin.
And if you get lost, come on home to Green River."

John Fogerty, 1969

InvisibleRhysaboveit
Day Tripper
Female

Loc: Miami Fl
    #5811288 - 07/02/06 02:07 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've never experienced popping a newbies cherry for shrooms just yet, but for MDMA it definatly follows suit. Your roll as hard or harder than your first time having the "virgin" there with you.

That is one drug that im less hesitant about giving to a newbie i trust.
Spread the love around you know? But i watch their water levels like a hawk. I dont want anyone dehydrating one their first time, or ever.

--------------------
No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough

"There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us."
"Shoot it."
"Not yet, I want to study its habits. "

OfflineAntoine
travelling intime
Male User Gallery
    #5811289 - 07/02/06 02:08 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

"Do you think shrooms with the 'synergy' with fellow trippers follows the same suit?"

When you say that do you mean that the trip is feeding off of the fellow trippers and their good or bad trips? I've experienced that being around friends who were tripping on acid for the first time. I myself hadn't taken any that night but I felt like I was picking up on vibes from their trip.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: The Cherry Effect (Tell me if any of you have ever noticed this before) [Re: Antoine]
    #5811354 - 07/02/06 02:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i've popped a few newbz cherries with drugs such as

acid - (have passed on the 'light' to one of them as well on his 2nd time, if you know what I'm talking about...)
shrooms
weed
pills
alcohol

i pwnt them pretty hard too hehehe

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #5811387 - 07/02/06 03:04 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

opposite for me...my first trips on both acid and shrooms were mild...and it took me like 3 or 4 trys to get stoned from weed

OfflineDaytripper420
Bitchin!

Loc: South carolina
Re: The Cherry Effect (Tell me if any of you have ever noticed this before) [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5811507 - 07/02/06 04:13 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

wow i was just thinking about this. I have had this with weed. The first time i smoked weed i didnt get high but the second was like no other. I could not stop laughing the whole time and everything was fucking hilarious. as with mushrooms i tripped pretty hard the first time on mushrooms and i only ate about .5 grams. but that could ahve been because of the potency of the mushrooms i was told they were realy strong before the trip.

--------------------
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

InvisiblePsychoChipmunk
Small, Furry, Disturbed

Loc: A hole in your back yard
Re: The Cherry Effect (Tell me if any of you have ever noticed this before) [Re: Daytripper420]
    #5811611 - 07/02/06 05:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Good topic. I'd never thought about The Cherry Effect before, but it makes sense. Especially in cases where the substance involved is one with some empathogenic effects. I've experienced the group synergy/connection established with things like shrooms, acid and E where the group seems to feed off each other in terms of the experience.

Certain substances definitely open you up to 'vibes,' and being with someone who's just blown away (in a positive way) can only help feed into the group dynamic. Conversely, I've been in a situation where there were negative aspects for one that affected others present. Fortunately, the group was close and communication good. Through the efforts of others present things were turned around and a good time was had by all.

Additionally, can be a certain sense of intimacy or 'specialness' when introducing someone to something for the first time. The feeling of helping facilitate someone else's experience can be a great feeling.

--------------------
\m/

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: The Cherry Effect (Tell me if any of you have ever noticed this before) [Re: PsychoChipmunk]
    #5811660 - 07/02/06 06:02 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

can be scary too...I did not enjoy introducing my sister to shrooms...but she had a level 5 off 2.5 gs(I figured this was the logical step up since 1g didn't seem to affect her) she was having out of body experiences and was barely able to go to the bathroom on her own(I had to point her in the right direction) she was laughin histarically the whole time too...I truely felt like a trip "sitter" and the whole thing just made me uncomfortable(I felt totally responsible for whatever happened to her) I did not enjoy seeing her trippin balls like that(she only did them once after then made the decision to wait until she was older to experiment anymore)

I didn't want to give them to her...but she begged and begged and begged and I knew she was gonna end up doing it anyways so I figured best if I"m there with her in case things go bad...they didn't go bad but it changed her...she can't smoke weed anymore without basically going back into a trip state and she says her memory was negatively affected(tho I Think this may be in her head) or from the weed she smoked often at the time...I warned her of the dangers before hand and I think I may have caused her to focus on herself too much after the experience

OfflineNirvana7
stupid doodiehead, class 7
Male

Re: The Cherry Effect (Tell me if any of you have ever noticed this before) [Re: PsychoChipmunk]
    #5811692 - 07/02/06 06:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hell yea, the cherry effect!

i remember when i first started smoking weed i had no idea what it could do to you, i simply thought that it made you laugh more and get all tired and stuff. i blame this on anti-drug videos and speeches etc...the first time i ever REALLY smoked weed was out of a hookah with my friend anthony and two chicks, one of which i worked with the other i just met that night.
we began to smoke the hookah, which was layered in the bowl, a small layer of sheesha on the bottom and i think top and weed in the middle, so after a few puffs of sheesha i got to the weed, and holy shit was i in for a hell of a good time.
at first it was what i thought it was supposed to be, all of us laughed alot and started getting more comfortable. i first noticed the slightly higher effects of weed when i was walking back from doing somthing i dont remember. i was walking but it felt like i was on a tredmill, this didnt scare me and i didnt really even link it entirely to the weed, but i mentioned it anyway and noone really seemed to care.

after a few minutes the girls wanted to go inside so we had to go home. from the time we left the girls at their house and started back towards the car i started to notice a "time warpy" effect. basically i explain this as little speed ups and slow downs in the passing of time as precieved by myself, this isnt quite like looking at a clock and saying "wow, it seems like its been an hour but its only been one minute" in the fact that it changes and happens randomly and in waves throughout the night. also it changes intensity slightly without further smoking. anyway, i mentioned this new "time warp" sensation to anthony and he didnt seem to really care, i guess he was in his own little world.

now at this point my friend began to fuck with me. at the time i had a crush on a girl named jamie and i guess i was talking about her a bit more than normal so one time after i had said her name a few times in the same sentence he stoped me and said "dude, all your saying is jamie". he tryed to tell me instead of saying things like normal (for example "the sky is blue") he i was saying things like, "jamie jamie jamie jamie" so ramdomly as i would try to talk he would say jamie ,and to me it sounded like i was saying jamie over and over again after he would do that. it stopped when i stopped talking for a few secounds but he kept doing it till i got home, this freaked me out a little. at one point he changed the name to ashley and it still worked. so thats what i remember of my very first time smoking weed.

i do have one more story to tell, i apologize for the length of my response, this is a subject i have often thought about so i have alot to say. the secound time i really SMOKED weed was with my sister and her friend zeth. now i dont belive i would have had such a strong secound "cherry popping" experience except the stuff we smoked was much, much, much, much greater in quailty than what i smoked the first time. anyway, my parents left the three of us alone at the house so we decided to smoke a single joint of medium size between the three of us. now remember, this stuff GLOWED green. we all took turns hitting the joint (fastend from a emptied cigarette paper) in normal rotation style as is the norm with most smokers in groups. i didnt feel the effects right away, that is to say the stuff we smoked had a strong creep factor that didnt just creep but it also had a initinal delay (atleast for me, im not sure if they had it) so we desided to go for a walk down the street, btw it was night the whole time this takes place, and so we set off.

after getting about 25-40 feet from our driveway down the street i started to feel it, the first effects i felt were feeling slightly more relaxed (i felt this way in the house) and being slightly more open to people. as we continued down the street i began to feel like i was talking, but my voice was only going a foot infront of me, so this put me in my own little bubble and even though i recognized the presence of the other two people i felt somewhat alone. these feelings begans to increase so i asked zeth when the weed would hit its peak (although i didnt say it in those words, it was more like, "when will i stop getting higher"). he didnt really know how to answer my question so he said by the time we hit the end of the street i would be done seeping (he did call it seeping, a term i dont use myself that i remember, haha) so we finally reached the end of the street and i just remember thinking "dont get too close to the end of the street i dont want to get hit by a car".at this point i was about 3/4ths as high as i would end up being that night.

on the way back these feelings of being in my own world (the voice not going very far, me looking at myself but not recognizing it was me, not an OBE though, and feeling like the other two were ignoring me) were pretty much done getting stronger, but i was starting to freak out so i told the other two i was gonna go up to my room and lay down and try to sleep, when my sister asked me why i just said i wasnt feeling good. (i tryed to make it seem like i wasnt freaking out to them because i thought i would look stupid, somthing im not proud of)

so we arrived home again (parents still gone) and i made my way up to my room on the secound floor of our house. when i got in my room i turned the light on for a secound, closed the door and did some small stuff like take trash out of my pocket etc then proceeded to turn the light off and lay down on my floor (i slept on my floor at the time) and holy shit was this an experience. i had an Mp3player with me and i put it on light my fire by the doors and placed the headphones close to my head on the ground. as i laid there in the dark on my floor i felt like i was melting into myself and tryed to keep moving because i didnt like that feeling at the time. i also remember that i was time warping VERY hard and kept noticing it when i did anything. i would press play on the Mp3 player and then one secound later id be laying on the ground thinking about what i just did and how it seemed like i didnt do it. my sister came in and checked up on me because i think she was worried i was really sick or freaking out but i told her i was ok and she left right away.

after a while i desided to brave the outside world to go to the bathroom and the timewarpy thing kept happening (i love the timewarpy thing nowadays) and on the way back into my room i looked over into the office at zeth playing one of my video games and i happend to blink and the image stayed in my head much like a photographic memory might work, but it wasnt like i could just see the image all that well, it was like if you blink when you flash a camara in the dark how you can see the image for a few secounds when you close your eyes. to this day i can still see that image in my mind if i think about it. after i got back in my room i tryed to sleep some more but couldnt so i got on my computer. once throughtout the time i was in my room i also deside to go tell my sister somthing so i started down the stairs and leaned out halfway down to tell my sister somthing then went back upstairs.

all in all it was a pretty great night, i never really freaked out to bad but some might think it was boring compared to things i did after that while high. after those two experiences i never got the whole "in my own little bubble" thing when i smoked but i do get the timewarpy thing (not every time, only with the right weed) and the walking in place thing (i think thats common). so even thought it was really really really really long i hope this reply helped answer your question.

--------------------
________zombie_________

??????? ??  :bubs:??????????:tombstone:

Nirvana7=the enlightenment AND the band

OfflineNirvana7
stupid doodiehead, class 7
Male

Re: The Cherry Effect (Tell me if any of you have ever noticed this before) [Re: Nirvana7]
    #5818569 - 07/04/06 03:16 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

sorry if i piss anyone off by doing this but i think this topic deserves more discussion. so im posting this to get it back up front. also i have a question, if you take several years off of smoking then start again do you get the cherry effect again?

--------------------
________zombie_________

??????? ??  :bubs:??????????:tombstone:

Nirvana7=the enlightenment AND the band

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Hookah, The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience