Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineguardian
apprentice
Loc: Sydney- Australia
Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: MagicRooms]
    #592208 - 03/28/02 07:16 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

hi all fellow aussie shroomers,
I would like to thank our beloved friend ,the late Terence McKenna http://deoxy.org/mckenna.htm
for  building my interest in the magical mysteries of the sacred shroom.
I have been attempting to grow for some time now, no succesful flushes as yet, due to the ongoing nightmare of contaminations, arrrghhh. anywayz, I definatley think Australia needs a new vendour, no offence to dutchie :smile:, I personally have had many difficulties obtianing viable spores, that are relatively easy to cultive at home.  Also an aussie site with hunting info and locations would be AWESOME!
Good luck to everyone going hunting over the easterweekend, I have a feeling this rain we have had in sydney will create some fruitful flushes. So if anybody in sydney would like to help me out finding some good locations, that would be much appreciated.
cheers, Matt.B 

--------------------
Pull the tape worm out of your ass!
-System of a Down
http://deoxy.org/mckenna.htm
http://www.shaman-australis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: hudsonismss]
    #592510 - 03/29/02 02:53 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah now it's been pouring most of today :wink: there may be something around if we are lucky
....I think your suggestion about Centennial park has definate possibilties as well - never thought of there before, strangely! and it's very close to me too.....i might walk out there tomorrow....
:smile: 

OfflineMrJingles
journeyman
    #592546 - 03/29/02 04:06 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I would love to see another australian vendor of shroom supplies. I attempted to order some spores from MMA, when they were still up, but I got no reply. I would love another "local" sorce. (Bluemeanie can you pm me, Re some spores??) :-)
Peace to all!

--------------------
Giggidy giggidy boom boom boom

OfflineKefkaX
Vice President.No, wait.*Junior* VicePresident!

Loc: Sydney Australia
    #592989 - 03/29/02 04:14 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

We've had a nice amount of rain recently. It's so frustrating not having any places to go and hunt. I'd like to be able to find a patch of mushrooms growing somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to look.
An Australian site would be great for that, but I'm afraid I'm going to miss out and have to wait until next year. I've seen a couple of posts of fellow Australians finds though, are you all going to parks and reserves and stuff? Or out into private fields?

--------------------
Immerse your soul in love.

InvisibleMagicRooms
Hunter & Collector
Male

#593802 - 03/30/02 03:35 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Here is my 1st card. Made like a bookmark to keep it small.

Good luck Hunters.

OfflineOLD_NEWBIE
journeyman
    #593806 - 03/30/02 03:45 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Excellent work, Just perfect for us newbies that don't know where to start with the i.d of shrooms.
Keep up the good work.

Offlinebutrflyfaerie
Stranger
Loc: Perth, Western Australia
    #594288 - 03/31/02 03:58 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I'm in WA, newbie, plan on hunting and know where, but it's difficult for me to get out without a car. Aussie shroomers definately need more communication, shrooms are impossible to get unless you practically live where they grow.

--------------------
When life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten - and that's to laugh and dance and smile and sing!
~ Monty Python ~

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: MrJingles]
    #594292 - 03/31/02 04:15 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

just thought id mention, west aussie cops are very clued onto shroom hunters and set-up road blocks around bridgetown and nannup during the season.
best bet is to set up camp and munch em down fresh.....blue meanies are easiest to find in the souwest .
ps-spot the hints on the best areas to search!

Edited by mr crisper (03/31/02 04:16 AM)

OfflineMrJingles
journeyman
Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: butrflyfaerie]
    #594324 - 03/31/02 06:19 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

If any West aussies want to go hunting when the rain comes, Private Mes. me and maybe I can drive us down. I've heard about the cops, but there are plenty of ways to get past that. (Just dont drive along with them in your lap!!) I'll love to go on a hunt down south, as I rarely get out of Perth, and cant wait for the rain.

--------------------
Giggidy giggidy boom boom boom

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: MrJingles]
    #594332 - 03/31/02 06:52 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

It must be because West aussie shroomers had a documentary made about them!! Mushymay is sending me a copy as we speak so ill have to check it out. As for IDing Australian shrooms, I think its hard even for Biologists to definativly ID many aussie shrooms (woodlovers).
As Jalien from NZ said to me once - the difference between Subs, cyans and other aussie woodlovers are very blurred - hence many mycologists believe they are all one and the same. I dont believe this, but until someone does a good study of these shrooms, who will ever know for sure??

--------------------

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #596185 - 04/02/02 04:59 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

hey I remember that film, it was on SBS or something :smile:
....'The magic mushrooms of manginup' or somewhere that sounded like that!  It was sad to see those poor bastards stopped and seached by redneck cops who were under the impression they were doing something useful for society......and as they pointed out in the film, it was only those of little $$ in clapped-out Datsuns and not mercs that were stopped...

InvisibleMagicRooms
Hunter & Collector
Male

SBS Film [Re: zhukov]
    #596212 - 04/02/02 06:22 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

It was wild and the movie theme had no respect for shroom hunters. It was mind blowing to see that mushroom hunters were shown in a bad light. Let's do some more studies and keep the records expanding for down under shroomers. We need more data.
Stay cool and have fun. Good hunting this season.
PS Most rainforests have Psilocybe species at this time of the year. Watch out for leaches

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: SBS Film [Re: MagicRooms]
    #597269 - 04/03/02 01:56 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Dandenong Ranges and Wilson's prom are apparently going right off for mush!!!

--------------------

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Re: SBS Film [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #597414 - 04/03/02 07:47 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

you lucky bastards down there...!
..finding lots of damn toadstools up here & nothing else...

Offlinehudsonismss
journeyman
Loc: sydney
    #598203 - 04/04/02 01:32 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

i was down in nowra recently and went for a bit of a pick, these are what i found. i think the small one's near the letter D and below the A are copeladia cyanescens, but i wouldn't know for sure. any ideas?

--------------------
live in the present and the future will present itself

Offlinedinie
Stranger
    #618694 - 04/25/02 06:53 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

OK well here's my first post at the shroomery, discovered this place through bluelight, some 2 years ago..
(1)I go Hunting for Shrooms.
I went hunting last season a few times and only on one hunt we came up with the goods and i got to try shrooms for the first time. Last year I just went looking in the wrong places.
(2) I dont grow
(3) I am very interested in Shrooms
(4) I think we need a web site for Australian Shroomers.
This is especially true for newbie aussie shroomers (like me), as there's just not enough info out there on australian specimens... except for the shroomery forums, of course.

I live in melbourne, so bluemeanie, let us know when this autumn hunt goes down yeah? This week i've gone on two hunts hoping the recent rain would help.. but it was only last Sunday we managed to get 4 gold tops (pan subs?)in one spot. Still unsure whether there are better spots other than the ones we're trying, (outer eastern suburbs, around croydon, and a couple of inner northern suburb spots)... Any melbournites care to help me out ? (Im not out to steal other peoples' spots or anything)
Also is it true that in melb the blue meanies come out a little later than this time of year? In that case should i be looking for the gold tops?

Edited by dinie (04/25/02 06:59 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: dinie]
    #618754 - 04/25/02 08:06 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hi Dinie,

read my book Magic Mushrooms of Australia and New Zealand posted at

http://www.erowid.org

go to Drugs and Plants and then click on the Mushroom button and a whole page of many articles and informationwill pop up for you to examine.

Mjshroomer

Offlineferret
strange

Loc: VIC, Australia
Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: mjshroomer]
    #618867 - 04/25/02 10:08 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

hey guys, im in melbourne... but havent been lucky at all over the last couple weeks. went out croydon/mooroolbark last week and there were shroom hunters all over the place, looks like i sleep in too late. anyway, im a cube grower as well and i would definately utilise an aussie vendor. good luck to everyone and leave some for me!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Australian Shroomers [Re: ferret]
    #619065 - 04/26/02 02:48 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

really? Ive found SOOO many this year - two out of the four patches that i regularly go to are going mad - so mad that im sure some else is going to find them shortly!!
If you after subaeruginosa - pointy or wavy-capped variety i can help you out - ive never heard of cubensis (goldtops) in victoria and id think it is too cold - then again they say it grows in Tasmania. I spoke to a guy who found Pan Cyans out towards Geelong. I have also found Semilanceata in Camberwell.

--------------------

InvisibleMagicRooms
Hunter & Collector
Male

#620098 - 04/27/02 01:11 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Found some Gold Tops the other day.

Good to hear all the Australian shroomers are busy Hunting good luck to all,

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate