Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDelirious
Stranger
Risks of tripping young?
    #5808055 - 06/30/06 11:21 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Well this isn't so much a post for myself, I'm going on 21 and about to go out on my own. I told myself, when I first started tripping (14 for weed, 15 for shrooms, 18 for LSD and others) that one day, before I left home, I'd trip with my younger sister because I'm almost certain she will at some point (over hearing convos and such) but don't think she has yet; I'd rather her have her first trip with me so its in a safe environment and she can better plan her future ones if she so choses.

She just turned 15, our relationship isn't close but not bad as in the typical siblings that hate eachother kind of thing, we just stick to our own business 99.9% of the time, we don't fight but we don't 'hang out' either.

I used to be pretty big into psychedelics, not so much anymore, I've probably done shrooms a total of 20+ times, LSD about half a dozen, X more than I care to remember, MDA, 2C-B just recently (fun stuff, was sold as X but I knew what it was from a friend), a lot of weed, salvia, Ket a handful of times, very experianced in opiates and benzos, dxm, and even had a full fledged ego death lvl5+ trip on 20 grams of shrooms so I consider myself to be experianced enough to know what to expect from her. After high school my outlook and goals shifted a bit, I'm still up for tripping a few times a year but nothing like before. Theres my history for those who think its relavent :wink:

So right now I'm wondering if I should put the offer out there, and if it should be shrooms, LSD or 2C-B, I thought 2C-B was a much more calm and happy experiance than the sometimes erratic thoughts you get on shrooms or LSD but I also worry 2C-B, being an RC, may be damaging in some way vs an organic like shrooms.

Thoughts from you guys would be appreciated, shes very mature for her age I don't believe she'd flip out or anything like that but still, looking for people with experiance maybe, the closer to my situation the better. Thanks for reading. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Re: Risks of tripping young? [Re: Delirious]
    #5808065 - 06/30/06 11:25 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't let her do it. I would never give my 15 year old sister drugs. If she shows interests I would educate her on the drugs.

When she had three years of that, then I would let her make her own decision.

Have your ever seen Small Town Ecstasy?

Reason for edit: The fucking gramlin changed.

Edited by despisedicon (06/30/06 11:26 PM)

OfflineDelirious
Stranger
Re: Risks of tripping young? [Re: despisedicon]
    #5808074 - 06/30/06 11:28 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

No I haven't actually, whats it about? I'm not set on it thats for sure, I'm very much looking at both sides. I did have my first shroom trip when I was 15 like I said, on 1/8th of shrooms and it was by far the best trip of my entire life, I'll never forget it, I just want hers to be similar.
In no way would I try to influence her to say yes, I'm thinking of maybe working it into a convorsation over her recent choices of music; ie trance/techno lol sort of a give away in most cases what shes considering.

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

#5808093 - 06/30/06 11:35 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337719/
Its all right there.

I had my first one at 16. If you do let her do it, it is under her own will. Make sure she reads about the effects of any drug on www.erowid.org. There's a lot of other information out there too.

Maybe she is interested, or maybe not. Let her make her own decisions on this. Don't give any large dose. Just be safe. Personally, I wouldn't even ask her or try to get her interested in these drugs.

People must make their own decisions.

Offlinehabitat0789
Insomniac
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5808121 - 06/30/06 11:44 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

does she or has she ever smoked weed?

for some reason i belive this to be a requirement for all first time trippers. there so comfortable in their "reality" that taking a breif step outside of it is sketch. even more so it the step outside is an acid trip!!! if she has/does smoke weed i would definatly try puttin it out there, i'd go with a 2g dose some mushies. you probably know your sister better than any of us so use so if you think she's comfortable spending an afternoon alone with herself then she may be up for a trip.

--------------------

ilove my woods...

OfflineDelirious
Stranger
    #5808133 - 06/30/06 11:46 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Oh I completely agree with you and wouldn't do that. I already think shes showing interest she just A) doesn't know how to aquire them and B) has no where to do it. I've overheard her on the phone a few instances, as I said shes listening to techno/trance and wants to goto an all ages rave.

See my biggest concern is she'll be like 9/10 people who call themselves trippers or whatever that really have no idea about what they're taking. My Ex-GF comes to mind where she would do anything put in front of her just to be 'fucked up'. I've never been like that, I read a great deal, I understand whats going on behind the trip, I want her to respect it and understand it not just use it to be fucked up at a party. I guess my objective is to get her on the right foot before I'm out of the picture, as I see it its bound to occure, just when and with who.

My conflict is if its too soon and how do I know? For all I know she may be planning a trip next weekend and not have a clue as to what shes getting into, or maybe the opposite and not for another 1 or 2 or 3 years. What would be the consiquenses of saying something too soon? I was her age, I was ready but I'm not her... has anyone been in this situation? I just can't decide what would be in the long run the best choice.

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

#5808155 - 06/30/06 11:51 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Bring it up and talk with her about it. If she is in fact going to a rave next weekend, its a risk that she could take too much Ecstasy or have a bad experience on some LSD. It seems these 15 year old with take anything without trusting the source or know what this substance would do.

She may go to the rave and take Ecstasy and die. Its happened before, I personally think she is too young. More drugs for yourself right?

Edited by despisedicon (06/30/06 11:52 PM)

OfflineDelirious
Stranger
    #5808160 - 06/30/06 11:52 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I honestly don't know if shes done weed with certainty, its a good possibility but I'm not sure. I did when I was 15, then not again till I was 16 because like most people I didn't respond the first time to weed and thought I never would until I read more.

Weed and shrooms are quite a different experiance I'm not sure how much they can be compared other than weed doesn't last as long and not as much actually happends. I guess I could offer to share a joint first?
Shrooms also isn't the only option, I mean for me personally I feel more at ease on LSD than shrooms, shrooms are just organic and to me seem safer? Thats just a generalization without getting into biochemistry though... I find shrooms much more mind opening too, LSD to me is weaker unlike to some people.

Offlinehabitat0789
Insomniac
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5808169 - 06/30/06 11:54 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

just ask her jokingly like "what are you doin tonight, you gonna take a bunch of drugs and go nuts for a little while?" mabe not exactly like that but try and strike up a convorsation about drugs in a joking manor then seriously ask her if she ever wanted to try mushrooms... LSD and 2c-b will seem too HardKore to a inexperienced tripper

--------------------

ilove my woods...

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Re: Risks of tripping young? [Re: habitat0789]
    #5808184 - 06/30/06 11:58 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Weed first though thats a must.

Small dose of whatever

habitat is right about Yoda print and 2c-b.

Still, personally I think its irresponsible and a bad idea.

Edited by despisedicon (06/30/06 11:59 PM)

Offlinehabitat0789
Insomniac
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5808207 - 07/01/06 12:03 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

one of my friends started smoking recently and like a week after he started we got him to dose an eighth of fungus and he had a terrible experience. he seriously sat on a couch for like 3 hours and did nothing but watch tv with a dumbfounded look on his eyes he told me that he just dident know what to think or what to do with himself

though i agree that they are completely different experiences marijuana IS a gateway drug and thats not necessarily a bad thing

--------------------

ilove my woods...

OfflineDelirious
Stranger
    #5808217 - 07/01/06 12:06 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't give her 2C-B as its an RC and I don't think she'd go for it, pills are too much associated with 'hardcore drugs' a plant like weed or shrooms I think shed be more enthusiastic about. I think I'll get some bud first and see what her level of interest is, just by rolling it beside her lol.

Offlinehabitat0789
Insomniac
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5808239 - 07/01/06 12:11 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

:stoned: :mushroom2: :crazy2: :thumbup:

--------------------

ilove my woods...

OfflineDelirious
Stranger
    #5808245 - 07/01/06 12:13 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks bros, any other input from other would be cool I'll check back tomorrow sometime.

InvisibleDIRTYMAN
Jesusdon'tcomethrough thecotton.
Female
Loc: CZ NIGGUH
    #5808267 - 07/01/06 12:18 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

My sister had her first trip on shrooms when she was 15 and I was 16. She nor her friends had any idea what they were in for, and after eating an eigth or so each they all flipped out. One guy got naked, another was screaming for the cops, and my sister pissed herself.

I wish I could have spoken to her about tripping before she tried it. We had a fucked up relationship at the time and that couldn't have helped things. Even so, every first timer needs someone to guide them through the experience, and having someone very close to you (like a sibling) would make things 100 times easier.

Bring up weed casually in the convo, then start from there. Try smoking her out first, then head up the psychedelic ladder. Your attitude about this whole matter is great, I'm sure your sis would benefit greatly from the experience  :thumbup:

--------------------
I'm racist.                http://k-k-k.com/

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#5810217 - 07/01/06 04:17 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

best to relate as people first.
what is natural will follow, and ususally it is not what you first thought should happen

in the first sentence you said you wrote "I told myself, when I first started tripping..."

so that reveals that it's all about you, man.

one day, if your lucky, you might find out who your sister is by talking, not by sharing drugs.

forget about what you want for her, find out what she wants, who she is. (it is sweet of you to want her to enjoy the dreams you have had, the pleasures, but each journey is very different, your inner self wants to share, but you have to do it on an external plane of existence)

in spite of tons of drug experience, this is really about people skills, which is a different area, and a very valuable one to explore.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Risks of tripping young? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5810261 - 07/01/06 04:40 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

If you think she's already gonna trip or get into this stuff, definately talk to her about it. If you think you can make a safer experience for her then yes i think thats a good idea.

Offlinetocuhe
spiritfingers
Re: Risks of tripping young? [Re: Phishe]
    #5830042 - 07/06/06 11:35 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I started eating mushrooms when i was 12 and acid when I was 14. So far, I think Im fine, but only time will tell
consider what phishe said, is this social escape from getting to know her? if not , def. just smoke her out first , maybe multiple times to get used to being around her , things can get awkward tripping together if the poeple arent familiar with eachother.
shes got her whole life to use psychedelics if she chooses. no hurry at all , just say KNOW

--------------------
sometimes you can get shown the light
in the strangest of places
if you look at it right

Offlineflamebolt
Just some guy
Male
Loc: USA Flag
Re: Risks of tripping young? [Re: tocuhe]
    #5830270 - 07/07/06 01:01 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

dude
listen
if you think she wants to trip and is actively persuing shrooms or whatever, trip with her.
just know that you would be administering a possibly life changing thing. good or bad. and dont fuck her up with lsd and 2cb.

--------------------
roses are red
violets are blue
mushrooms are awesome
give me a few

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Re: Risks of tripping young? [Re: flamebolt]
    #5830418 - 07/07/06 02:16 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

flamebolt said:
dude
listen
if you think she wants to trip and is actively persuing shrooms or whatever, trip with her.
just know that you would be administering a possibly life changing thing. good or bad. and dont fuck her up with lsd and 2cb.

LSD is virtually as harmless as magical mushrooms. 2cb i dont know much about.

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#5830434 - 07/07/06 02:32 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Don't do it; don't even think about it. Goddamn, she isn't even 18 yet. Regardless of what you believe her maturity level to be, her brain is still in a critical stage of development (the age of 21 is when her brain will be pretty much fully developed) and giving her such powerful psychoactive substances will only do her harm.

Her first sexual experience probably won't feel very good to her, so why don't you provide that too so that it will be "in a safe environment"?

How about trying to keep her AWAY from drugs altogether? That would really be the brotherly thing to do; not you giving her a very strong substance that could cause psychological/emotional damage for the rest of her life.

Even though she is a girl, I think that I would kick my little sister's ass if she began experimenting with drugs, but she hasn't and won't (until perhaps when she gets into college, in about 2 years now). I've always warned her about the dangers of experimenting with drugs and pointing out my old friends and acquaintances of hers (I keep track of her friends since I'm 22 and can connect easier with her at 17 than my parents can) and the consequences that came from their experimentation at such young ages. So I'm proud to say that I have actually been a good influence on her in that respect.

Perhaps you should do the same.

--------------------
Funniest shit I've read in a while:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

"He who controls the spice controls the universe!"

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#5830443 - 07/07/06 02:44 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Phishe said:

Bullshit. LSD is known to worsen existing mood disorders AND even cause them. Not to mention post traumatic stress reactions that could result from the trip itself. Just go speak to any physician who studies drug usage and addictions, and they will point to study after study which confirms this, and patient after patient who has suffered these long-term effects. Don't take everything that you read on Erowid as gospel.

Psilocybin hasn't been shown to be as bad as LSD, but it's still a dangerous substance. It's the only other drug that I do besides weed, and I rarely use either.

Don't keep on feeding people a bunch of crap (like a few others on here do) about how psychedelics are harmless; that's complete bullshit.

--------------------
Funniest shit I've read in a while:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

"He who controls the spice controls the universe!"

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Risks of tripping young? [Re: Arrakis]
    #5830682 - 07/07/06 06:31 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

YEP!!!! couldn't agree more...I suggest ppl listen to this dude

if your gonna be a tripper u need to come to terms with the fact that yes its possible to damage yourself...its like doing anything else thats physically dangerous tho...its about taking a chance...but this dosen't mean its for everyone and I'd probably rank up there with skydiving to be honest...something can happen but its unlikely if your stable....but I also fully believe that these drugs(specifically lsd) are a key in finding the solution to these problems in the first place

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Risks of tripping young? [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5830763 - 07/07/06 07:53 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

The thought of giving drugs to a minor, family or not, should never cross your mind. Teach her now, so when she is older she can do her own thing. Psychedelics can do ALOT of damage to the mind, especially a young mind that is still developing. Educate her with the truth, let her make her decisions.

Think about it hard. Since there is a chance, although slight, that she may have bad psychological problems resulting from this trip, why would you take the risk? Why would you chance putting your sister in a situation where some mental disorder may come to surface? Are you prepared to deal with her when she freaks out and ends up having anxiety attacks for the rest of her life?

I am not saying anything bad will happen. I am not saying there is a good chance anything bad will happen. However, the chance does exist that something may go wrong, especially with such a young mind. Do you really want to be the cause? How are you going to explain that to your family, and to her later on in life?

I am not trying to get you down. I see where you are comming from by wanting to do this with her. Drugs arent for kids, and the only people that will tell you they are...are kids themselves.

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: Risks of tripping young? [Re: dedjam]
    #5830776 - 07/07/06 08:03 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i think you should not do it, I think she is way to young for psycadelics. be responsible for your own sake and for hers. instead , if she insist on trying them elsewhere, try to make her wait until she gets older.

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Re: Risks of tripping young? [Re: Arrakis]
    #5830934 - 07/07/06 09:46 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Arrakis said:
Quote:

Phishe said:

Bullshit. LSD is known to worsen existing mood disorders AND even cause them. Not to mention post traumatic stress reactions that could result from the trip itself. Just go speak to any physician who studies drug usage and addictions, and they will point to study after study which confirms this, and patient after patient who has suffered these long-term effects. Don't take everything that you read on Erowid as gospel.

Psilocybin hasn't been shown to be as bad as LSD, but it's still a dangerous substance. It's the only other drug that I do besides weed, and I rarely use either.

Don't keep on feeding people a bunch of crap (like a few others on here do) about how psychedelics are harmless; that's complete bullshit.

I wasn't at all saying lsd is harmless. I was only saying because someone stated that it's better to do mushrooms than lsd. While that may be true, they both are nearly as harmful. I'm just one of those people who relate everything with harmless instead of harmful. Sorry for any confusion, or as you said "bullshit".

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
    #5831223 - 07/07/06 11:47 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

This argument gets so tiring, and it could be avoided I think if people would just clarify what they say. LSD is harmless physiologically (BIG WORD -- thats why there is something called a dictionary), at normal doses for an adult brain, but that doesn't mean its harmless psychologically (not to be confused with PHYSIOLOGICALLY) for any age brain.

A little bit of reading would go a long way.

As for the question of tripping young? I think its a bad idea. Why? Because when you're young you are less informed, more risky, more likely to do things you'll regret later, and more emotional. Why else? The developing brain is not something to fuck with. You might not cause any harm, or you might exacerbate a potential schizophrenic. When I was 16 I couldn't fathom being 22. Now that I'm 22, it seems like yesterday I was 16. I could've waited to trip, but I didn't, but I probably should have. I will probably never know if any long term negative effects will come of it.

If she is gung-ho about it and is going to do it no matter what, then trip with her and show her what you know. If she doesn't show any interest, then certainly don't try to influence her...this would be a huge mistake. This is a choice people NEED to make on their own.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag