Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
spore printing / syringe making *DELETED*
    #580710 - 03/16/02 04:26 PM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Post deleted by phrozendata

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: spore printing / syringe making [Re: phrozendata]
    #580992 - 03/16/02 11:41 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

A syringe dosent have to be "dark" to have a ton of viable spores in it. Are you using a glovebox? - I''m a big fan off the "Oven Tek" istead of using a more expensive glovebox.

In seeing that you have jusr started making syringies, you might want to let the jars sit for about three days BEFORE inoculating. That way you can throw out any jars that are not sterlizied throughly and any future contanamation would likely be the result of a bad syringie. (this can aid in the isolation of any contanamation source - be it a bad jar or a bad syringie)

' hope for the best!

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlinejuggalo
    #580995 - 03/16/02 11:48 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

heh coincidentally i just made my first syringes last nite. I won a free eq. print and ordered some syringes and last nite i boiled water, sucked up 10 cc water into 2 syringes, let them cool, poked a hole in a bag and squirted the syringes into the bag and then washed my hands and brushed the spores into the bag. the prints were stickin to the index card and my finger so i stuck my finger in the water to get the spores off my finger. I was just about to put up a post askin if anyone thought the syringes were gonna be contaminated cuz i had to stick my finger in the water but i washed my hands before doin this. Here's a pic of the syringes, can someone tell me if they look ok?
Syringes
Depending on your resolution, you can click on the pick for a bigger version. My resolution is 1280x1024 so its hard to pick a good size pic.

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: spore printing / syringe making [Re: juggalo]
    #581192 - 03/17/02 08:23 AM (22 years, 16 days ago)

they LOOK ok; nice and dark. with that amount of spores you could have made at least 4 total syringes though.
no way to tell if yuor finger contaminated it; theres a good chance but no way to tell until inocculation. next time skip that step of putting your finger in spore solution. unless youve PC'ed your hands for 45min lol :smile:.
*edit*
and phrozen if you are having trouble making syringes; ill help if you want. order some prints of your choice; ship them to me; and ill make the syringes and mail them to you.
of course i will take 1/4 of the print for myself but ill make you some viable syringes.
or just buy some syringes; i just wanted to acquire some new strains :wink:
well whatever. just trying to be helpful :smile:

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Edited by BeppoMarx (03/17/02 08:30 AM)

Anonymous

#581237 - 03/17/02 09:42 AM (22 years, 16 days ago)

I wouldn't have stuck my finger in the water, who knows where that finger has been!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: spore printing / syringe making [Re: Jammer]
    #581298 - 03/17/02 11:14 AM (22 years, 16 days ago)

I''m a big fan off the "Oven Tek" istead of using a more expensive glovebox.
Try the Swami Garbage Bag Tek.

I get a kitchen-sized trash bag and spray full of Lysol. After I let it sit for a few minutes to kill any competitors, I perform the operation inside of the bag. I find it more sterile than the oven tek as you are fairly well protected from air currents and dropping mold spores. I respray inside before making each syringe.

Have had no contams to date.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #581348 - 03/17/02 12:22 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

oh no juggalo! dont use your fingers. that is a no no! i can almost garentee those syringes are toast. dont use your finger to scrap spores off, and never stick your finger in the wwater. there are many other ways to make a syringe. next time use the needle to scrape.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Offlinejuggalo
Re: spore printing / syringe making [Re: pleezr]
    #581383 - 03/17/02 01:22 PM (22 years, 16 days ago)

pleezr i hope to god you're wrong cuz thats the only print i got :frown:

OfflineJammer

#581859 - 03/17/02 11:49 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

' dosent look good dude. You best chance might be in the faith that those syringies are soooo dark that perhaps the spores will over-power any other molds. (you might want to keep the jars in the low to mid 70's, 'cuz in the 80's the containaments will most certainly kick the spores ass in 3 days or less- if the sringies are bad)

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlinenw2shroom
shroom deity
Loc: Tu hablas el Spanglish??
    #581875 - 03/18/02 12:09 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

this is off topic but youre opinions would be great.. dont any of you all use spore prints to innoculate? I just put cambos on rye grain and like in 2 days i had growth,, so just wondering if there is a reason everybody make syringes, or was i just lucky with the lst spawn and the spores were really god?

OfflineJammer

Re: spore printing / syringe making [Re: nw2shroom]
    #581975 - 03/18/02 03:37 AM (22 years, 15 days ago)

That has nevered worked out for my friends. Thats awesome that it worked for you on the "lst spawn".

Man, I would be interested in the entire process (in detail) as to how you did this so eaisly. Most that I have heard of that inoculate straight from prints use the petri-dish methods.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (03/18/02 06:52 AM)

Offlinenw2shroom
shroom deity
Loc: Tu hablas el Spanglish??
Re: spore printing / syringe making [Re: Jammer]
    #582392 - 03/18/02 01:44 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

simple i let the jars cool in the PC overnight, moved them to my clean box and added dropped spores, and i was surprised because the spores were given to me , he always seems to have great prints, but he was out of supplies , he usually puts it on foil then i a baggie . he had no baggies so he used apaper nd then tape it shut .in the mail most of the spores stuckj to the tape and so i had like 10 percent of the print that was useable, any one else have luck using print directly? thanks laters

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #582431 - 03/18/02 02:33 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

swami- awesome idea about teh garbage bag; bet it works wonders! and cheap and easy too
never tried dry print inocculation; 0% contams with making syringes though and its very easy. 1st attemt was from a syringe that i made and all germinated. as far as teh jars go they were lost eventually being my 1st time but the syringes have always been good!

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
    #582455 - 03/18/02 03:04 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

im sure you could have success but why... syringes work nicely and you can make a lot from one print

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: spore printing / syringe making [Re: Swami]
    #582460 - 03/18/02 03:08 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Some of us have small children.

Be careful using garbage bags.

I know.... I'm just safety oriented....lolz

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinegirlskater
***meow***

Loc: Here
    #582465 - 03/18/02 03:11 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

glass rod... chopstick... as long as it's CLEAN.
fingers are not the way to go.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #582596 - 03/18/02 05:21 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

Doesn't anybody use the jar printing method?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineJammer

Re: spore printing / syringe making [Re: Roadkill]
    #582961 - 03/19/02 01:26 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

I have seen a very simular tek with a 10 gallon fish tank on it's side and clear plastic wrap covering the "top" (would be fliped so the hands can enter hortizonaly)- Lysol was also used (like 1/2 a can worth)- I have seen both perfect results and disaterious results with this "Fish Tank Glove Box Tek"- In thereoy it's pretty much the same as the Bag Tek described here. - I have seen better results with the oven tek and a little Lysol or sprayed bleach/H2o areound the oven. - Also negative ionizers have a great rep, althou they are often grose-ly over priced on drug parapenaila web sites.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #583007 - 03/19/02 03:04 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

In reply to:
"They always seem sticky and the needle tip and/or razor blade never seems to work and they get stuck. "
Next time you make a print,after you remove the cap, give the spores a little while to dry before you seal up the foil. It's easy to tell how much of it is dry because the moist center of the print will be darker when you remove the cap. A dry print will flake off the foil much easier. Hope that helps.:peace:

Free Spore Ring 

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

Edited by WakingUpLate (03/19/02 03:08 AM)

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: spore printing / syringe making [Re: WakingUpLate]
    #583011 - 03/19/02 03:12 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

WakingUpLate:

How should I let these spores dry? Should I replace the cup used as a cover while printing and wait 24hours?

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag