Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Train Hopping/Riding the rails
    #5805104 - 06/29/06 11:33 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Does anyone know where there is real info about this? I have found some informational websites, but cant really find any forums or anything like that about train hopping and riding the rails. It is so fascinating! Any info?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Re: Train Hopping/Riding the rails [Re: Buddha5254]
    #5805123 - 06/29/06 11:37 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Train Hopping/Riding the rails [Re: despisedicon]
    #5805160 - 06/29/06 11:43 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, heres what i know from someone high up in the railroad industry

if you somehoe manage not to get your ass beaten by the current train hoppers, the yard people and conductors and railway employees will beat the shit out of you before they call the cops.

i picked up a member of the FTRA (freight train riders association) out in florida a few years back, he was a hitchhiker. went by the name 8-ball

anyhow he told me it was pretty hairry out there.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #5805242 - 06/30/06 12:02 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I think I've run across a few sites with some information about that when I was looking up urban squats a few years ago. Unfortunately, I don't remember where they were. If I remember, the info was pretty scant anyway.

A lot of people into that kind of thing aren't too "wired." I've got a friend who is a "hobo" and he sends me emails from his travels. I keep telling him he should get a MySpace account to post his art and his writing on, but I don't think he wants to become a slave to the internet anymore than he wants to be a slave to the rest of that whole social contract.

People do still ride the rails. It can be dangerous, but then it's always been that way. It takes a certain toughness, a certain durability, and a certain lust for freedom...

I imagine 9/11 has made it a little tougher, like it has with most things. I can just imagine hobos getting sent to Gitmo by the bureaucrats under the Bush administration as national security risks... :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #5806377 - 06/30/06 09:27 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I recall my grandpa warning me about getting shot at by railroad guards when trying to sneak a ride on trains.

Generally speaking, attempting to hitch a ride on a train is a good way to get hurt

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Invisiblemycogirl
goddamn
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Train Hopping/Riding the rails [Re: Konnrade]
    #5806486 - 06/30/06 10:38 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I have this weird little self published guide/diary one of my friends did about train hopping. If I can find it, I will scan it in and post it. Its pretty entertaining. I think there are better yards than others to hop on.

--------------------

Offlinejellynutz
keep it rockin'like a whore onpills
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5806570 - 06/30/06 11:16 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yea, I work on the railroad and agree its not that good of an idea, esp. if you will be going through cities and stuff. There are RR police and they won't hesitate to arrest you for tresspassing and stuff. Then again people do it all of the time and get away with it

--------------------
Passion destroyed is reborn in the passion for destruction...

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #5806581 - 06/30/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You really need to know what your doing.Not only are there messed up people on trains.But you gotta pick the right train and know how not to accidentally lock your self in.

http://www.digihitch.com/

OfflineHeadTripVertigo
at least I'm housebroken
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Train Hopping/Riding the rails [Re: buckwheat]
    #5807206 - 06/30/06 04:15 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

as far as I've heard train hopping is very socially safe thging to do, so to speak. everyone I've talked with says that most everyone they've ever met doing it has been nice and all the railyard workers are generally nice and helpful as well. all those bad stories of murder and robbery are of course emphasized by the media to discourage such acts. just like everything else. do you really think there's so many murders and such in your area that the news should spend 10-20 minutes each hour talking about them? it's just what sells. of course that's not to say these thigns don't happen, but it's likely about as bad as moving around in any other manner. trains are certinaly a lot safer to ride than cars or whatever else. the only real aspect of constant danger is that trains move and you can get very badly injured or killed around/by them if you're not vigilant and careful.
from all I've heard when most people get caught by the bulls or police etc; they don't get usually arrested, but there's been some, of course, who have.

--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Train Hopping/Riding the rails [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #5807213 - 06/30/06 04:18 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Last I checked, my grandpa was a machinist, not a reporter... and he told me about people getting shot at by railroad guards.

Of course, those were different times, when it was possible to hire Pinkerton guards to beat and kill people

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #5807328 - 06/30/06 05:18 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I once had Ernest Borgnine try to kill me on top of a moving freight train! :shocked:

No, wait... That a movie called, "Emperor of the North Pole."

Never mind...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom