Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineghostofbmarley
booyakasha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: author's mind
Differences between active and inactive fields
    #5804035 - 06/29/06 05:12 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I searched the forums and didn't find anything related to this per se, so I'll pose the question:

What causes mushrooms to not grow on a particular field? I have heard someone talk about farmers 'liming' their fields and that prevents the mushrooms from growing. Is that accurate? Do some farmers use food additives to prevent growth?

I am sure there could me a million small reasons that would inhibit growth, but I guess I am more curious if the farmers do something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Differences between active and inactive fields [Re: ghostofbmarley]
    #5804140 - 06/29/06 05:51 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Farmers are not made of money and they usually wont spend the cash it takes to kill off Mushroom growth.
Some places have mushrooms and some places don't.

Lime wont harm the mushroom growth if anything a bit of lime to work with the PH of the land and actually may help the soil. Farmers call it sweetening the soil..

Salt blocks wont make a field not produce.

In most cases the reasons that you wont find mushrooms is you are either not looking when and where the mushrooms are out.

Or

Someone has beat you to the finds :wink:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Offlineghostofbmarley
booyakasha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Differences between active and inactive fields [Re: YESSUP]
    #5804181 - 06/29/06 06:06 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for your help =)

--------------------
~OM MANI PADME HUM~

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #5804195 - 06/29/06 06:09 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I don't really think there is anything farmers can do to stop dung loving mushrooms from growing.

However, you can over-pick a field and render it shroomless. It takes several seasons of picking a field dry too many times and then the shrooms go byebye after that.

The shrooms will also go byebye in a field for other reasons, with no explaination. In other words, for no reason a field will stop producing shrooms, possibly just a natural cycle of events. Perhaps the spores just decide that they want a different field to inhabit, and to spread out further.

It's really a mystery tho. :mushroom2:

Offlineghostofbmarley
booyakasha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Differences between active and inactive fields [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #5804391 - 06/29/06 07:26 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Many thanks ggreatone234 -- shroomwizard has been a great resource for me to learn from.  So thanks for getting that info out 'here'

And it is good to know that there isn't something going on that would prevent a habitat from being viable necessarily.  I was really under the impression I was going to have to look for organic farms or some bs.  This is good news.

/organic is great and all haha, just harder to come by :wink:

Edited by booyakasha (06/29/06 07:33 PM)

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #5804723 - 06/29/06 09:32 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Just don't get caught! Some farmers don't take well to people tromping through their fields. if it seems sketchy, just ask the farmer personally, if you can scout his field for wild mushrooms to study, as your hobby is mycology. Or if you bring a digi cam, you can say you also wish to take photos, and you can mention the mushrooms or not. Where are you from?

--------------------

Offlineghostofbmarley
booyakasha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Differences between active and inactive fields [Re: CureCat]
    #5806136 - 06/30/06 06:46 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

CureCat -- agreed. I definitely don't want to get teh busted. I have heard other NCarolinians having cube finds this year in the south eastern part of the state, but I haven't had any luck. Of course, I am a n00b to this so patience, patience =)

I think today I am going to try my hand at looking for blue foots instead of cubes since I have the day off.

peace --b

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds