Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
my giant pf jar experiment
    #580272 - 03/16/02 02:12 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

well, i put this in advanced, but no one goes there, so i am going to put in here.
ok, a freind and i came up with a really good idea for a cake/casing in one. we are doing it out at his place way out in the mountains. here is the procedure:

we found a tupperware container that is about 2 inches deep, and about 8 inches long, and four inches wide. We mixed up some pf style substrate and filled the container an inche with the mixture. we then put verm overtop of the pf substrate right to the top. its like a really long, wide pf jar. Then we sterilized in the microwave for 10 minutes and let cool. The plan is to innoculate the container pf stlye, but in more places. about six or seven times with live mycelium liquid. We would be extremely sterile during the procedure of innoculation. we will colonize at 86f, just like a pf style jar. I think, since that it is only an inche deep(the part that is colonizing), but really wide and long, as long as we innoculate it all over the place, it shoudn't take any longer than a normal jar. You also notices we used a really deep verm layer too, to keep filtration really good,and contams off.once it is colonized, we will have a really big, perfect square of colonized substrate. we can remove the dry verm layer off of the top once it is colonized, and simply apply our casing layer. i think it's a good idea, and i hope it works. does anyone have any thoughs? thx for any input.

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGreaterEvil
Stranger
Re: my giant pf jar experiment [Re: Glacius]
    #580321 - 03/16/02 03:57 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Im still pretty damn new at all this, but wouldnt there be a high risk of contam from using a microwave or does that do teh job pretty well?

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #580359 - 03/16/02 05:27 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

i've done the same, except i pc'd it instead of the 'wave, worked fine.
only problem was spotting the holes in the lid to inject spores, so i used nail polish to make 'em visible.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Re: my giant pf jar experiment [Re: Hippie3]
    #580363 - 03/16/02 05:38 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Well, i acually miced it for 15 mins, now that i look at it, i cant remember saying 10 mins, and cant remember why i said ten instead of 15, but it doesn't matter. i fugured, why the hell do I need a lid? I'm going to poke holes in it anyways, so I didn't even use a lid. i also said my verm layer on top was an inche deep, it's more like an inche and a half, and the pf substrate is about 3/4 f an inche. thx for the input.

--------------------
addicted to reason

Invisiblesloluva

Loc: Ohio
    #580475 - 03/16/02 09:52 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Sounds like a good plan Glacius, keep us posted!

Good luck...

Slo

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Re: my giant pf jar experiment [Re: sloluva]
    #580485 - 03/16/02 10:12 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

thx, i will.

--------------------
addicted to reason

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale