Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKobayashi
Stranger
If you've never had Salvia work....
    #508824 - 01/03/02 10:19 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Here's the deal as far as I can see it..

Last nite I smoked some for the 5th time. I have been BLOWN OUT all 5 times, while my friends with me have had NO where near my level of intoxication.

I'll tell you how to do this 1-2-3.

1. Dont use a water pipe.. (What the hell is yer deal anyway...buck up and inhale some smoke..Do you wanna live forever or something??)..Use a bowl.

2. Take ONLY fresh leaf hits. Brand new packing with each hit. I'm pretty sure that if you smoke even a partially cashed bowl, you lose major goodness.

3.If you havent gotten stoned from your2nd hit, and are continuing to a third...forget it.

I say this because I have hit the bowl fresh each time I have used this stuff (while leaving my poor buddies with the leftovers that basically did nothing for them). Yesterday I felt the effects just after I took the second hit. Making me think that all I really need was to let the first hit sink in for a minute..Which was true. After the second hit I was wasted for about 5 minutes. It feels like anesthesia(sp) but with your eyes open.

Dont expect to see gods or visions..Unless you do shrooms about an hour before you smoke...My next trial

Sorry about run-on. I have seen so many people say it didnt work and I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

I only smoked the 10x. And like I said, a freshly packed bowl and as big a hit as you can hold in.

yay
-d

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: If you've never had Salvia work.... [Re: Kobayashi]
    #508927 - 01/03/02 01:06 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Same thing happens to me, i'm used to smoke only dried salvia leafs and they are potent enough for me, the majority of my friends don't get nothing but a little buzz. I usually get rocked high after the first hit on my water bong, after second hit everything is really dificult to explain ;).
What normally people do wrong is:
1- They don't inhale enough smoke, i know it's true because at exhalation time, i take about 3 or 4 seconds of slow exhalation, they take about 2 seconds in the same pace to exhale. Maybe it's me who's has big lungs ;))
2- They exhale too soon. You have to leterally forget you're breathing, it's like... no pain, no gain. I hold the smoke for about 20-25 seconds.
3- The lighter has a short flame and inedequate. Make sure you use some nice flame, i use flame jet lighters.
4- When smoking thru a water bong, the presure hole (the one you put your finger on to start sucking the smoke) must be fingered, burn the leaves and start sucking and exhaling quickly (2 or 3 time is enough) so the inner chamber is filled with smoke, now (with the finger still covering the hole) suck the smoke into your lungs untill they reach half capacity, uncover the hole and suck all the rest BUT leave some space (10% of free space in my lungs works) inside your lungs so you can breath a little ( you can also do this by exhaling a bit of smoke after inhalation), this is very important and helps you retain the smoke inside your lungs much longer because you can actually breath with short and fast inhale/exhale while your lungs are full.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #510775 - 01/05/02 03:55 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I get high off of salvia but not blown away. I find the high unappealing as I do not experience psychedelia. I have visual distortion and confusion. I do not find that I have an increase in thoughts, more like a lack of understanding. I have tried dried leaf, 6X, and 10x. In would caution others to start slow and work their way up as my experience w/ salvia is not the standard.

Joshua

Testing my avatar?

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinedioze1
Satans minion inthe war onlaughter
Loc: Up a hogs ass looking for...
Re: If you've never had Salvia work.... [Re: Joshua]
    #511283 - 01/05/02 05:22 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Salvia seems to be more trouble than it's worth. If you have to TRY to get high on it, what is the point.
Dioze1

--------------------
Not all that wander are lost.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: If you've never had Salvia work.... [Re: dioze1]
    #512882 - 01/07/02 03:18 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Agreed!

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#517308 - 01/11/02 10:54 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Try it with this, :P

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
    #518566 - 01/12/02 02:38 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

you dont have to be blown out for salvia to work. just get the extract. like th 6x, that worked for me no problem. and it was enjoyable too.

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #518573 - 01/12/02 02:51 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

if you have to TRY to get high on pot by spending money on it, and holding he smoke in your lungs, and doing it a few times in case doesnt work the first time, what is the point?

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Deleted [Re: MAIA]
    #518580 - 01/12/02 03:07 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Content Removed.

Edited by Jared (04/01/04 01:06 AM)

Offlinedioze1
Satans minion inthe war onlaughter
Loc: Up a hogs ass looking for...
Re: If you've never had Salvia work.... [Re: Help on the Way]
    #518844 - 01/12/02 09:17 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

In reply to:

if you have to TRY to get high on pot by spending money on it, and holding he smoke in your lungs, and doing it a few times in case doesnt work the first time, what is the point?

I don't have to TRY to get high on the pot I smoke. I simply take a few hits and.......wham, bam, bing, whadya know I'm stoned! I need no special devices or ceremonies. I simply smoke and enjoy:)
Not to mention, the high lasts much longer and, from what I gather, is much more enjoyable.
Dioze1

--------------------
Not all that wander are lost.

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#526518 - 01/20/02 11:49 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I won't deny what you're saying is true, but logically you try salvia to get a different trip than a pot trip. Also i won't deny that it's harder to strat tripping with salvia, but is also true that if someone quits trying is their choice. I didn't quit when i first try doing joints, my point is everything has a learning period.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

OfflineKevman2500
Stranger
Re: If you've never had Salvia work.... [Re: MAIA]
    #579071 - 03/14/02 07:09 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Like everyone says you have to try. There are still 4 year smokers feeling new events off of salvia they have never felt before. True you dont get the weed high, but its not weed. Some people it dosent work some it does. Salvorin A has one thing though as to where a % of people cant get anything off salvia because of the effect it has on the brain and for some reason it dosent have that effect on a few people. Just my 2 cents

Offlinebadjessejames
G HEAD

Loc: :) Passed out on my co...
Re: If you've never had Salvia work.... [Re: Kevman2500]
    #579944 - 03/15/02 05:47 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

I blew through an ounce ...... smoked it everyway possible and felt no effects ...neither did my friends.
ZI want to give it another go but AI'm kinda iffy!

--------------------

"My generation played a really mean trick on me. I thought we were all
goofing off together, but it turns out everybody else went and got rich
while I was sleeping." Mission Hill

OfflineMeneerCactus
Ex Operator FSRE
 User Gallery
Loc: The Low Lands
Re: If you've never had Salvia work.... [Re: Kevman2500]
    #580350 - 03/16/02 05:10 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

Well spoken!!!

Smoking Salvia and experiencing her needs some practise to.

A lot off my friends wanna smoke it and try it, and everytime the same thing occur.

THey blow out the smoke to fast, and they don't seem to want to close there eyes. And if they do they try to open them right away.

No or less light, no or soft gentle music are also of great importance to adchieve some effects.

If you let your eyes opened and the music is loud ( or your friends are) it is hardly to expect that you notice much of the effects.

Salvia is Salvia and there is no such thing to compaire with (although Ketamine and N20 are a little a like).

For the die hards try salvia in the morning when you just woke up. You are still in the sleeping mood and the releses of your REM is easy and not as frightning as it can be when you are awake.

www.MeneerCactus.nl

--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

Anonymous

Re: If you've never had Salvia work.... [Re: MeneerCactus]
    #580388 - 03/16/02 06:36 AM (22 years, 17 days ago)

you really need to vaporize the extracted leaf..5x should be fine..
Ive always found an oil pipe or a lightbulb to be the absolute best way to smoke salvia..just as long as theres no direct flame touching the leaf..

It really helps to be in a very quiet ,dark room .

InvisibleMr. G
journeyman
Loc: Treasure Coast
    #582884 - 03/18/02 11:41 PM (22 years, 15 days ago)

I am looking for all sorts of possible pain meds for chronic pain patients. I know Salvia was used in healing rituals, and the drug is supposed to be intense and powerful. I read several different ways of using it. The one that sounded almost scary was to hydrate dried leaves, chew in a "kufa" or something like that they called it, swallow the leaves then in a couple hours you are on a bad trip. If i wanted violent hallucinations, i would go boil some Angel trumpet tree blooms on my porch. What is the best way, smoke it? You made it sound incredible and i wonder if I would quit hurting for a second if i smoked some. Where do you get fresh leaf? Do you know where i can get the plant and not waste time with growing from seed etc. I have tried some that was old and it did nothing. I hurt so much I can't take it anymore. Please help me if you can....Mr.G
I know about shrooms but am ignorant on these herbs any help from anyone would be appreciated!

--------------------
"Mr.G with a rose, in and out of the garden goes, country gharden in the wind and the rain whereever he goes the people all complain!"
"The Grateful Dead" Thanks boys, I miss you Jerry!
Did it hurt that much?

OfflineKindnug
Male
Loc: Midwest, Go Bears
    #584772 - 03/20/02 11:57 PM (22 years, 13 days ago)

Has anyone else seen the article about salvia in the January's issure of Heads? I goes into Salvia in great detail; one of the main key pieces of info being the chewing of the dried leave vs smoking, and how to properly start the trip if eating. From what I read you had better watch out if you are eating them, because you will see visions. I guess a lot of people use blindfolds when they use it, because it is the only way that most people can the ride to start. If anyone is interested and cannot get a copy (It is good to have) I can figure a way to get it scanned, it's about 3 pages. I'm thinking about growing 10 or 20 plants, just trying to figure out how hard they are to grow right now..

OfflinePachanguero
    #585171 - 03/21/02 10:28 AM (22 years, 12 days ago)

I've tried it once... dried, rehydrated hawaiian leaf using the quid method, since I don't smoke.

At first I didn't feel a thing. Then during the second quid, I decided to lie down and close my eyes. That's when things started. I had soft music on, and always felt grounded -- like I could open my eyes at any time and be done or take a break.

The whole shebang lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds