Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepimmp1969
ShroomPimmp
Male
Loc: fl
Pitubull Training
    #5799123 - 06/28/06 11:59 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

My buddy jus got a 7-week old rednosed pit. He wants to train it to attack an do various things on command but he does not want to send it away for speical training. Does anyone no of a good video or book that he can do it himself?? any help would be much apreciated

--------------------
Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a Crime in Progress is not a happy prospect.
Hunter S. Thompson

Reality is just a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs.
--Robin Williams

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: Pitubull Training [Re: pimmp1969]
    #5799152 - 06/28/06 12:07 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

attack people? than you have the wrong kind of dog

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Offlinepimmp1969
ShroomPimmp
Male
Re: Pitubull Training [Re: shamantra]
    #5799194 - 06/28/06 12:22 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

hes not gonna fight it he jus wants it to be very obdient an smart, teach it to protect the house an to bite on command, an uhh yes he does have the right dog, the breeder he got it from has a program for 2k that he will teach it everythign an gave us a demnstration with the mother.

--------------------
Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a Crime in Progress is not a happy prospect.
Hunter S. Thompson

--Robin Williams

InvisibleHaightAshbury
It's a plant

Loc: Red Stick L.a.
    #5799292 - 06/28/06 12:55 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Dude just having a pit bull in the yard is good enough. Don't teach it to attack... GOD WHATS WRONG WITH PEOPLE TODAY

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #5799297 - 06/28/06 12:56 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You could punch it in the face to make it mean, then cut its vocal chords so no one can hear it coming

seriously, dont do that

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #5799456 - 06/28/06 01:44 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

You should never teach a dog to attack on command, especially a pit bull - they could hear the word in a public place and serious injur, even kill someone.  When it comes to training, consistency and praise is the best way to go about it, if you don't want to pay for private training.  I have no idea how one would even go about "training" a dog to attack - the way we trained our dog to do all of her tricks was to praise her wildly every time she "sat" "high fived" etc, but you can't exactly 'raise a dog for atatcking something or someone  :confused:

I think it's awful that people buy pitbull and other dogs to train them to fight  :mad:

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
Blade
Male

Loc: Emerald Triangle, U.S.A.
Re: Pitubull Training [Re: Boom]
    #5799457 - 06/28/06 01:45 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

My pit has been raised with loads of love. He is one of the family.
No one enters my yard. Period. 6 1/2 foot fence, signs indicating you will get bit if you come over the fence.
I no longer need a doorbell. When you come within 50 feet of my front door, you aren't gonna want to come closer.
As far as attack-on-command, there is no need for that kind of training. The dog will instinctively protect what he percieves to be his pack/territory.
Sounds like your friend is the wrong kind of person to keep dogs. If he wants a weapon, go get a gun. Much safer.
Has he thought about how to care for a pit? The dedication it takes to make sure the dog is under control at all times?
If a lab or spaniel gets loose, they may tear up someone's flowers.
If your pit gets loose, people can get hurt, and you are responsible for all damages incurred, legal AND civil.

Really, rethink this attitude of dogs as weapons.
Peace

Edited by deadheadjpc2000 (06/28/06 01:55 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Pitubull Training [Re: deadheadjpc2000]
    #5799488 - 06/28/06 01:53 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

deadheadjpc2000 said:
As far as attack-on-command, there is no need for that kind of training. The dog will instinctively protect what he percieves to be his pack/territory.

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
    #5799494 - 06/28/06 01:56 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Your friend shouldn't be allowed to care for animals if he wants to condition the dog to attack.

OfflinePhoshaman
Litteringannnnddddd?
I'm a teapot

Loc: FLAHHHIDAAA Flag
    #5799501 - 06/28/06 01:58 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pimmp1969 said:
My buddy jus got a 7-week old rednosed pit. He wants to train it to attack an do various things on command but he does not want to send it away for speical training. Does anyone no of a good video or book that he can do it himself?? any help would be much apreciated

your buddy needs to take the pit bull back immediately. people like you and your friend are what give us RESPONSIBLE PIT BULL OWNERS a bad name and are the reason there are THOUSANDS of innocent pits killed daily in shelters due to EXTREME overpopulation and idiotic owners.

i can't stress how mad your intentions make me.

--------------------

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

Re: Pitubull Training [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5799515 - 06/28/06 02:05 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Certain breeds tend to be more protective than others. The staffordshire terrier (pit bull) is definately a protective breed. These dogs are very powerful and can be very dangerous if not raised correctly and in the right enviroment. In fact, many cities require owners to carry insurance for a staffordshire terrier. Please don't try to train your dog to "attack on command". This is only going to bring you trouble.

I myself have a 3 yr/old Boxer bitch. She has been raised with nothing but love and is absolutely harmless. But if she senses me or my roomates are in any type of distress or harm she can scare even the biggest of guys.

Just train your dog to be obedient. Instinct and loyalty will have the dog protecting you and your house without any outside "attack" training.

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

Offlinepimmp1969
ShroomPimmp
Male
Re: Pitubull Training [Re: FunkyLoFi]
    #5799613 - 06/28/06 02:36 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i am a responsible pit bull owner, so is my friend. I love my two blu nose pits to death. but i have them for security also, they are great animals an very loving dogs but if my house ever gets robber again (its happened three times) i have them trained to attack. Not lethal just legs an ankles. We live in a horrible neighborhood an are to young to have hand guns(Florida law requires you to be 21 before you can get your concealed weapons permit or handgun permit, actually my lawyer found a loop whole were you can get a license for a used handgun but I'm to crazi to have a gun). I do not fight my dogs, i would never use them to hurt or endanger other people or animals i do not treat them cruelly or make them vicious, my brother brings his 2 kids over all the time with no trouble. So i guess no one No's a good book or video?? heh

--------------------
Hunter S. Thompson

--Robin Williams

Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
Blade
Male

#5799653 - 06/28/06 02:45 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Well, you trained them to attack. Why don't you tell your buddy how you did it, since you're the expert?
Legs and ankles? Yeah, until the human trips and goes down. Then what?
By your last post, I'm wondering why you even posted here.
Peace

InvisibleMrSinister
Uncle T
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outworld
    #5799676 - 06/28/06 02:54 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Can i give you a friendly warning...

Training a pit bull is hard work, and once you train it, your friend will have a ticking time bomb on his hands..

You know Pit bulls are one of the only dogs that wags it's tail playfully before attacking right.. It was breed into them to confuse other dogs in dogfights.. So if somebody does say that word, and it's not his master or those who have been around the dog( not always 100% they will not be mauled The dog will not show any signs of it's intentions.. Just a quick lunge, and then your friend will have to pry this dogs jaws off with a crowbar..

I would hope he doesn't train this dog with a blood rope, because that will totally get the dog to associate attacking with blood.

If you do train the dog pick a word NOBODY really would have a chance of knowing.. Like a Japanese word, or hell even German... But pick a word thats totally not used allot..

And realize this dog might someday turn on him.. Dude Pit bulls have it in them to be mean mother fuckers, or the most loving dogs you have ever seen.. It's all in who owns them..

--------------------

"They look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em. I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

"Eric Stratton.. Rush chairman.. Damn glad to meet you.."

Offlinepimmp1969
ShroomPimmp
Male
    #5799678 - 06/28/06 02:54 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

when i got my ladies from the breeder they were already trained. Hes not gonna tell us how to do it ourselves i stated earlier its 2k a dog an my friend doesnt have that much money at the moment.

--------------------
Hunter S. Thompson

--Robin Williams

Offlinepimmp1969
ShroomPimmp
Male
    #5799691 - 06/28/06 03:01 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

none of my dogs are mean show no sighns of ever being trained to attack on command, the norm when gettin a dog trained like this is having all the comands in german, no blood rope was used. this guy is an amazing trainer, when he showed us the demnstration at the kennel he had the dog attack a guy running so the dog started to chase he then said the command for stop an the dog stoped dead, the person who was run then went on to hit the dog(not hard an with a very paded on) an get in its face which the dog did not have any reaction. My dogs are perfect for what they are maid for a loving family peet but will defend its house. my friend would like his dog to be like this also but does not have the money

--------------------
Hunter S. Thompson

--Robin Williams

Offlinedeadheadjpc2000
Blade
Male

#5799693 - 06/28/06 03:01 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I would like my dogs to have golden collars, but I don't have the money, either. He wants...
It sounds like were all in agreement...Your friend doesn't have the mindset to train/keep a pit. Nobody trains a pit off a video and then says..that's it!! My dog is trained. It's a constant, never-ending effort to raise this breed.
I'm very passionate about this subject, and don't mean anything on a personal level. But FUCKIN' A, I hate people like your friend!!!
Peace and good luck with those kids around your pit!

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5799714 - 06/28/06 03:09 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

you can tie a rope to a tree and make him bite the rope and swing him, this will strengthen his jaws even more

you can also as a young pup, don't give him to much physical contact, don't pet him too much or play with his balls or what not

and instead of punching him or kicking him, or some shit to get him mean, wrestle with him kinda rough, get him going, and repeat this action,

but before all this take him to standard obedience school, where he can learn certain commands,

you don't want a mean spirited dog, cojo or some crazy shit,

Offlinepimmp1969
ShroomPimmp
Male
    #5799715 - 06/28/06 03:09 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

its not like hes gonna go threw the video an then expect his dog to be trained. it took my dog 9 months to be properly trained an once a year i take them up to the kennel for a week to make sure they are still obedient an what not.

--------------------
Hunter S. Thompson

--Robin Williams

Offlinepimmp1969
ShroomPimmp
Male
    #5799749 - 06/28/06 03:17 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

the dogs that we both have realy dont need to muscle up their naturally toned an have huge fuckin mouths, im talkin bout u could put a watermelon in it haha.I kinda disagree its always good to pet an play with your dogs exspeicaly when they are young, an i would never hit or kick any type of animals, except for sloths cuz if they try an punch back, u see it coming like an hour in advance

--------------------
Hunter S. Thompson

--Robin Williams

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom