Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
ok, a freind and i came up with a really good idea for a cake/casing in one. we are doing it out at his place way out in the mountains. here is the procedure:
we found a tupperware container that is about 2 inches deep, and about 8 inches long, and four inches wide. We mixed up some pf style substrate and filled the container an inche with the mixture. we then put verm overtop of the pf substrate right to the top. its like a really long, wide pf jar. Then we sterilized in the microwave for 10 minutes and let cool. The plan is to innoculate the container pf stlye, but in more places. about six or seven times with live mycelium liquid. We would be extremely sterile during the procedure of innoculation. we will colonize at 86f, just like a pf style jar. I think, since that it is only an inche deep(the part that is colonizing), but really wide and long, as long as we innoculate it all over the place, it shoudn't take any longer than a normal jar. You also notices we used a really deep verm layer too, to keep filtration really good,and contams off.once it is colonized, we will have a really big, perfect square of colonized substrate. we can remove the dry verm layer off of the top once it is colonized, and simply apply our casing layer. i think it's a good idea, and i hope it works. does anyone have any thoughs? thx for any input.
-------------------- addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling
i've done a similar thing with one of those tupperware containers that is used for deviled eggs. just for kicks. you can have about 12 cute li'l independent cakes in a tuperware environment that you can cover with a nice 1/4" or so casing and just about forget. didn't do too much in the original container.. colonized the little cakes pretty good, but that's about it. i think it was the casing, really. too soupy when wet. hard to get stems up thru.
put the good ones of them (there were a couple egg divits contamed due to an unsure microwaving time) into this other tuperware container about 3" high by 6x3. did get some neat bunches of mushies this way. important thing is casing.
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Prisoner#1, RogerRabbit, EvilMushroom666 923 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]