Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBrillig
Prodigal Son

How long and why?
    #579763 - 03/15/02 02:28 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Recently Anno told me that casings will survive for "several months" if they remain contam free. My casings have been going for 3 months, no signs of contamination yet and they are still pinning, but not producing much more than a few, very large, freaky shrooms. I'm not sure if it's time to let them go or not. I was hoping that there was a way to jump start them.

Can someone tell me how long casings will usually produce, and why they eventually stop producing. This might help me understand what's going on. Also, what should I do with the expired casings? It's still Winter up here and it's too cold to toss them into an outdoor bed.

--------------------
My father started me on this hobby over 30 years ago...I ask  beginner's questions whenever they occur to me...Usually to stir the pot and get people's thoughts...When I post a REPLY...IT SHOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED AS GOSPEL TRUTH...It's just what I THINK...

PEACE ALL!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDarkShiv
Stranger
Re: How long and why? [Re: Brillig]
    #579781 - 03/15/02 02:51 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

You are only getting a few large mushrooms because the food supply is getting sparse. Mycelium forms a network that supplies nutrients to all of the developing mushrooms. When food is plentiful, many shrooms will appear, when resources are squandered fewer mushrooms develope.

If you think the casing is sterile you can cut away chucks of casing and use it to start new jars. Just sterilize the jars like normal and put a little chunk in each jar. In my own experements I have found that these new cakes produce less pins and aborts but reliably grow larger shrooms out of the pins that do develope.

InvisibleBrillig
Prodigal Son

Re: How long and why? [Re: DarkShiv]
    #579799 - 03/15/02 03:07 PM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a way to use a nutrient rich solution to keep them going? Any suggestions as to what to use?

--------------------
My father started me on this hobby over 30 years ago...I ask  beginner's questions whenever they occur to me...Usually to stir the pot and get people's thoughts...When I post a REPLY...IT SHOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED AS GOSPEL TRUTH...It's just what I THINK...

PEACE ALL!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract