Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza?
    #5796691 - 06/27/06 06:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/27/israel.soldier/index.html

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Israeli troops crossed the border into southern Gaza early Wednesday in a campaign meant to secure the return of a soldier kidnapped by Palestinian militants over the weekend, the Israeli military said.

Jets hit a power plant in Gaza City and knocked out a bridge connecting the northern and southern parts of town in predawn airstrikes, witnesses said.

Video from the Palestinian Ramattan news agency showed fires burning at the site of the power station.

Israeli troops and tanks had gathered along the Gaza border as tensions mounted over the abduction of 19-year-old Cpl. Gilad Shalit.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert on Tuesday threatened an "extended campaign" against Palestinian leaders unless the soldier was released.

"All targets" would be considered for possible action, Olmert told Israel's parliament, the day after ruling out any deals with militants for Shalit's release.

"We would not make compromises with terror. We would not hold negotiation with [terror]," Olmert told the Knesset amid the escalating crisis.

"No terrorist would be immune."

In the first round of strikes soon after midnight, Israeli aircraft hit two bridges in central Gaza to limit the ability of Shalit's captors to move him, said Capt. Jacob Dallal, a spokesman for the Israel Defense Forces.

Dallal said Israel will go to "whatever lengths necessary" to bring Shalit back.

"We are trying to make it clear to the Palestinian Authority and to the terror organizations that we will take the necessary steps to secure his safe return," he said.

Israel has slapped a land and sea blockade on Gaza, cutting off people's movements and shipments of fuel and food, nine months after returning control of the territory to the Palestinians. (Watch tanks mass as tensions run high -- 2:27)

Inside Gaza, Palestinians have dumped piles of sand on major roads, intended to slow any advance of Israeli tanks and armor and provide cover for gunmen.

Israel says it is holding the Palestinian Authority responsible for the safety of Shalit, who was captured Sunday by Palestinian militants at a guard post inside Israel.

Olmert said he did not want to hurt innocents, but the Israeli defense minister said the potential offensive would be deadly.

"There is no doubt we will have to carry out an operation which could cost many lives, but the Palestinian groups have to understand there is a price to pay for any attacks against Israel," said Defense Minister Amir Peretz.

Israeli leaders said Hamas officials, including political leader Khaled Meshaal, who is in exile in Syria, could be targets of Israeli military action.

Aides said Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniya were directly involved in negotiations to free Shalit.

The Palestinian factions Fatah, headed by Abbas, and Haniya's Hamas, have pleaded with Israel to hold off on military action, saying an offensive would only complicate efforts to end the crisis.

Palestinian leaders have also said they fear Israel will not stop at freeing Shalit but will also go after Palestinian militants who have fired hundreds of crude Qassam rockets into Israel in recent months.

Israeli Deputy Prime Minister Shimon Peres recognized a split between the politicians and the militants, saying Meshaal was behind the kidnapping and "wants to destroy any chance for peace." (Watch Peres' take on the escalating border tensions -- 6:27)

"All this was done against, maybe, the better judgment of the Palestinian leaders on the ground. The orders came from Syria. They came from a gentleman who wants to destroy any chance for peace," Peres said.

Meshaal, the head of the Hamas political office, lives in exile in Damascus.

"A small group of terrible people sitting in Damascus," Peres said, was mobilizing "the whole world against the Palestinians," who he said were the real victims of the kidnapping.

Peres said Israel believes that Shalit, who holds dual Israeli-French citizenship, is "alive and healthy."
Another teenager reported missing

In another development, the Popular Resistance Committees, one of the Palestinian militant groups that says it is holding Shalit, said it also was holding an Israeli settler in the West Bank.

Israeli police said a family in the settlement of Itamar near Nablus had filed a missing persons report. The missing settler was identified as Eliyahu Asheri, 18.

He was last seen Sunday night at the French Hill hitchhiking post in Jerusalem, on the road leading north to the West Bank. His parents reported him missing at noon Monday.

--------------------

Anyone else think they're using a cover story of a kidnapping to have an excuse to start some shit?  :crazy:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery
Loc: strawberry field
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5796705 - 06/27/06 06:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

same old shit, new century/millennium...

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Nashbar]
    #5796719 - 06/27/06 06:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

yeah... they really never do all that much, this shows the possibility of being different, but i doubt it..

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5796758 - 06/27/06 06:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

well i was wrong, major attack under way

all power out in gaza as the power plant was fired upon, with missiles, from israel,

" GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) -- Israeli troops entered southern Gaza and planes attacked two bridges and a power station, knocking out electricity in most of the coastal strip early Wednesday and stepping up the pressure on Palestinian militants holding captive a 19-year-old Israeli soldier.

Israeli troops began taking up positions in two locations east of the Gaza town of Rafah under the cover of tank shells, according to witnesses and Palestinian security officials. Palestinians dug in behind mounds of dirt, bracing for a major Israeli offensive.
"

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5796769 - 06/27/06 06:37 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly.

And what was that incident a few weeks ago where those civilians were killed on the beach?  Were those Palestinians?

This may be more than just a flare up.  I kinda get that sense, but what what the hell do I know? :grin:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#5796776 - 06/27/06 06:38 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

what the hell, this is seemingly absent on cnn, cnn HN, Cltv, and fox news, not to mention yahoo's front page news as well.

i got my info over at www.drudgereport.com

apparently israeli radio is reporting what i pasted above...

--------------------
PEACE

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5796787 - 06/27/06 06:40 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Abcnews.com has the same info you just posted.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=2126193

--------------------

OfflineNashbar
Male User Gallery
    #5796789 - 06/27/06 06:40 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

hey, at least "they" aren't killing all the males, raping the women and trying to assimilate the "enemy". Maybe conditions have improved since Jesus or Muhammad times

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#5796791 - 06/27/06 06:41 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

why the fuck is this not on cnn??????

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineNashbar
Male User Gallery
    #5796795 - 06/27/06 06:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

no shit, I've got the Twins on the big screen, searching for explosions and shooting on the news channels.

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5796796 - 06/27/06 06:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:

I hope you mean the actual news channel and not their website.  :tongue2:

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#5796798 - 06/27/06 06:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

yes i do

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineEmperorKuzco
somewhatfamiliar

#5796895 - 06/27/06 07:10 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I used to think the answer to this whole thing was to nuke the whole area into a glass crater. I thought that they would have nothing to fight over after that, but now I realize they would fight over the crater. Them peoples loves fightin'.

--------------------

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: EmperorKuzco]
    #5796901 - 06/27/06 07:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Both them peoples think it's sacred land, so you're right, they would fight over the glass crater.  :smile:

--------------------

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

#5796998 - 06/27/06 07:35 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

We've got it on our news channels. Plus full coverage on non-news channels like global at 11pm

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

OfflineNashbar
Male User Gallery
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Gillette]
    #5797022 - 06/27/06 07:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Larry King Live can not eat my balls

Edited by Nashbar (06/27/06 09:26 PM)

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5797298 - 06/27/06 09:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Now why would you want that?  :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineNashbar
Male User Gallery
    #5797349 - 06/27/06 09:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

good point, larry king can eat the balls of some author that was talking...

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
    #5797386 - 06/27/06 09:35 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I dont understand.

This is all horrible.We are doomed as a species.But most of us here already knew that.

Whats the deal with syria?Are they getting thrown into this?What is there take on it?And what is there position with the "war" in Iraq?

I have a close friend in Domascus right now visiting family.I guess I could ask her those questions.

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5798453 - 06/28/06 05:12 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

israel takes kidnapes VERY VERY seriusly and wants to "tell" the world and it's citizens that they won't hold back untill they get their people back!

on the one hand being born and raised in israel i TOTALLY understand and agree with it, on the other i could NEVER find any reason to throw millions of dollars worth of smart bombs on crappy shacks, briges or power plants (just for show) it also gets the exect oposit result and breeds more hardship for a place that's already very hard to live in (creating more people who'd like to blow up in a bus :shrug:)

israel can not take things such as kidnapes lying down... it's simply not an option (we're surounded by haters and if we give them the chance we'll have too much shit to deal with)

as far as killing men, raping women and assimilation goes... i sure fucking hope none of that shit is going on in the IDF... i'd like to think that it doesn't but that'd be too naive i can only hope that it's only a few incedents here and there rather then the norm :shrug:

(BTW i have no idea what's going on over here... i don't listen to the news anymore!)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Simisu]
    #5798503 - 06/28/06 05:55 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Gilad Shilat = Gavrilo Princip  :ashamed:

--------------------

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: ivi]
    #5800251 - 06/28/06 05:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Well, here's what my favorite Middle East blogger Juan Cole has to say....

Quote:

The Israeli military destroyed 3 bridges that connect Gaza, and knocked out electricity along the coast, as troops made incursions into Gaza.

I don't have time to comment much on all this right now, except to say that the use of force here is all out of proportion. Without electricity, you can't purify water, and uncooked water is a severe health problem, especially to babies. It can ultimately cause cholera.

The incursion was made necessary by the Sharon-Olmert unwise policy of unilateral withdrawal. Unilateral withdrawal means that no structure was put in place for security in the evacuated terrirories, which increasingly look like a failed state, a Somalia. The PLO and Hamas have fought hot encounters recently.

Why would anyone create a failed state all around their house, right in their neighborhood?

The US press has, as far as I can see, been irresponsible in not broadcasting much about the prologue to the present violence, the Israeli military's bombing of civilians on a Gaza beach earlier in the month. This atrocity was on the front page of every Arabic language newspaper every day for a while earlier this month. We cannot understand the region if we cannot understand how outraged they are, and the source of the outrage.

Predictably, the Israeli military's propaganda machine denied responsibility for the beach explosion. Human Rights Watch called the Israeli military inquiry "not plausible" based on its own evidence-gathering at the scene. The Israeli Army has a long history of using plausible deniability to muddy the waters about its accountability in deaths of innocents. If we had videotape of everything they have done in the West Bank and Gaza, we'd be having war crimes trials for the rest of the century. The fact is that Israeli culpability for the Gaza beach incident is, on the evidence gathered independently by HRW at least highly plausible. The press should be looking into it instead of taking talking points from war propaganda offices.

--------------------

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
    #5800333 - 06/28/06 06:26 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nashbar said:
hey, at least "they" aren't killing all the males, raping the women and trying to assimilate the "enemy". Maybe conditions have improved since Jesus or Muhammad times

No, they have not improved, they would if they could but,

Now this is all they are about........

Fuck'n terrorists, I fell bad for Israel that they have to put up with this shit.

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #5800346 - 06/28/06 06:29 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

All I know is that is awesome.. that a kidnapping can provoke an incident like that.  Israel is fucking hardcore :thumbup:

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Boom]
    #5800412 - 06/28/06 06:50 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

Hell yeah.  They don't take NO shit from NOBODY.  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#5800469 - 06/28/06 07:12 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

wow im glad that the usa gave them nukes.... :rolleyes:

--------------------
PEACE

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5800471 - 06/28/06 07:14 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hells yeah boyeeee.  I can't wait to see what happens, in the next few days and the coming years...I'm excited.  :hehehe:

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#5800668 - 06/28/06 08:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

oh shit, they killed the hostage......

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5800710 - 06/28/06 08:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

That is no surprise, what do you expect from terrorist, whatever happens is there fault,

I hope Israel hits them hard,

I am sorry for him and his family, that is fucked up,

--------------------

Atheist Chat

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5800747 - 06/28/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

IF it even happened. Could be a scapegoat to start an offensive. I get the impression this is a lot of offense to get ONE soldier. Arresting people, blowing up bridges and power plants.....

--------------------

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5800758 - 06/28/06 08:46 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
IF it even happened.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,201437,00.html

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineEmperorKuzco
somewhatfamiliar

#5800783 - 06/28/06 08:52 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I really hope this is the start of somthing really big. Both sides need to shit or get off the pot and have a huge, winner take all battle royal, apocolyptic blood bath. I'm so sick of this whole situation of half-measures and diplomatic standoffs punctuated by airstrikes and suicide bombings. We should arm the Palestinians with the same weaponry we gave Israel and find out who really wants it the most.

--------------------

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: EmperorKuzco]
    #5800799 - 06/28/06 08:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Problem with that is it's been going on for far too long. It will not ever end unless an incident of other-worldy significance happens. Until then, they will still fight over this area. It's insane.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #5800808 - 06/28/06 08:58 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

simisu said:
israel takes kidnapes VERY VERY seriusly and wants to "tell" the world and it's citizens that they won't hold back untill they get their people back!

I remember a hijacking 20 or so years ago in which they blew up the plane to
make the point that they realy dont negotiate with hijackers

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5800827 - 06/28/06 09:04 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

True that,

Like with Munich Olympics massacre, :thumbdown:

But they got'm good in the end, very hard core :thumbup:

I suggest the documentary 50 Year War  :thumbup:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#5800840 - 06/28/06 09:09 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I wish america would take similar stands on these issues
unfortunately the bleeding hearts always win

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5800868 - 06/28/06 09:14 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The problem is we can never agree with anything,

Might be for the best, if everyone did agree, I see horrible horrible things

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#5800881 - 06/28/06 09:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I disagree :smirk:

90 million deaths can only benefit the environment

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5800890 - 06/28/06 09:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ahhhh well yes, depends on your perspective,

Ashes to ashes, back to star dust,

I am fine with that, now or later it will happen.

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#5800915 - 06/28/06 09:30 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

And palitinean millitants are claiming to have used CHEMICAL WEAPONS ON ISRAEL!!!!

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticl...&src=rss&rpc=22

"
GAZA (Reuters) - A spokesman for gunmen in the Gaza Strip said they had fired a rocket tipped with a chemical warhead at Israel early on Thursday.

The Israeli army had no immediate comment on the claim by the spokesman from the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an armed wing of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah movement.

The group had recently claimed to possess about 20 biological warheads for the makeshift rockets commonly fired from Gaza at Israeli towns. This was the first time the group had claimed firing such a rocket.

"The al-Aqsa Brigades have fired one rocket with a chemical warhead" at southern Israel, Abu Qusai, a spokesman for the group, said in Gaza.

An Israeli military spokeswoman said the army had not detected that any such rocket was fired, nor was there any report of such a weapon hitting Israel."

however the israelis have not said that such a thing has happened.... so i guess were in the middle on what to believe...

altohugh im astounded at the lack of amercan news coverage on the major networks, cnn, msnbc, and even fox news arent covering it...

--------------------
PEACE

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5800938 - 06/28/06 09:39 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

altohugh im astounded at the lack of amercan news coverage on the major networks, cnn, msnbc, and even fox news arent covering it...

Are you really?  I'm not.  Not at all.  It just goes to show you how much this government has the media wrapped around it's finger.  Jesus, what would we do without internet?  Someone made a huge mistake letting the net get out of control. :crazy2:

--------------------

Offlinedickdeadly
rælity

Loc: in my mind
    #5801022 - 06/28/06 10:01 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

If I may:

"If this was how it was then this was how it was. But there was no law that made him say he liked it. I did not know that I could ever feel what I have felt, he thought. Nor that this could happen to me. I would like to have it for my whole llife. You will, the other part of him said. You will. You have it now and that is all your whole life is; now. There is nothing else than now. There is neither yesterday, certainly, nor is there any tomorrow. how old must you be before you know that? There is only now, and if now is only two days, then two days is your life and everything in it will be in proportion. This is how you live a life in two days. And if you stop complaining and asking for what you never will get, you will have a good life. A good life is not measured by any biblical span."

"For Whom the Bell Tolls" by Ernest Hemingway

--------------------

Character is how you act when you think no one is watching

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5801068 - 06/28/06 10:12 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Quote:

Are you really?  I'm not.  Not at all.  It just goes to show you how much this government has the media wrapped around it's finger.  Jesus, what would we do without internet?  Someone made a huge mistake letting the net get out of control. :crazy2:

That's nonsense. The media sucks because the outlets know what people want to watch. People want to watch silly little human interest stories, like rescuing the pets from Hurrican Katrina. Most US citizens don't give a shit about foreign policy and couldn't even find Israel on a map.

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Redstorm]
    #5801113 - 06/28/06 10:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

And why do you think that is?

--------------------

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #5801146 - 06/28/06 10:35 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

If I want to hear the news there are news links to it online...:lol:
I dont care, the world is crazy, what else is new?  :crazy2: :grin:

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Skunk420]
    #5801149 - 06/28/06 10:36 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

:hehehe:

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Boom]
    #5801209 - 06/28/06 10:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I hate to hear about all the drama going on in the world, my habits most likely will shorten my life anyway, :lol:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5801242 - 06/28/06 11:03 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I have no idea, but it's always been that way. A large portion of the population have always been interested in unimportant vaudeville-type happenings. Do you ever wonder how papers like the National Enquirer and The Weekly World News stay in business? It seems to me that most people have a phobia of "hard news". The only meaningful news they care about is the news that pertains to them personally.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#5801999 - 06/29/06 02:59 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
It seems to me that most people have a phobia of "hard news". The only meaningful news they care about is the news that pertains to them personally.

Speak for yourself, this story has been making the news everywhere here ever since the soldier was first kidnapped.

You gotta wonder what the hell is going on the israeli's heads for doing this, blowing shit up like bridges and powerplants is fucking useless, they're attacking the palestinian population and their goods just cuz a few retarded djihadists kidnapped an israeli.

And this is happening when the palestinian government just made a crucial step in the peace process by implicitly recognizing the state of Israel, its the first time in history something like this happens.

Israel's going nuts.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#5802034 - 06/29/06 03:09 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:

And what was that incident a few weeks ago where those civilians were killed on the beach?  Were those Palestinians?

Seven Palestinian civilians were killed and about 35 wounded by an Israeli artillery shell on a beach in northern Gaza on the evening of June 9. The murder of the seven beachgoers, including an 18-month-old girl and an infant boy, is another atrocity perpetrated by the Israeli government against the Palestinian people.

Friday’s massacre was a deliberate and calculated political provocation. It follows a four-month-long Israeli military offensive and economic siege of the Occupied Territories, which has received the full backing of Tel Aviv’s allies in the US and Europe.

http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2006/06/1729576_comment.php

Hey suimisu, are you ashamed of what you're government is doing? is that why you're not watching the news? i read that this is how most people in israel are reacting, they're just disregarding what's happening and pretending that it doesn't concern them. :thumbdown:

--------------------

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: exclusive58]
    #5802193 - 06/29/06 05:00 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
Hey suimisu, are you ashamed of what you're government is doing? is that why you're not watching the news? i read that this is how most people in israel are reacting, they're just disregarding what's happening and pretending that it doesn't concern them. :thumbdown:

i'm not ashamed :shrug: i've lost hope in things turning "good"
i don't listen to the news because i can live my life just fine without letting all that shit get to me! i don't want to be responsible for my governments shit or for anyone alse (and there's enough shit to worry about... have any of you heared aabout the consentration camps in china? that's going on RIGHT NOW and yet the media is still wrapped up in middle east shit, talking about iran... WHERE THE FUCK WAS IRAN A YEAR AGO? this is all bull shit and personally i rather avoide it! even if i DID want to comment on it i'd feel like i was talking BS since i don't belive what i hear on the news ANYWAY :smirk:)

this war is wrong... any war is wrong :shrug:
and BTW there's not much pretending to do... it does not actualy concer me... this stuff is going on very far from me and does not effect MY life in any way! just like what's going on in chine, africa or even the US...
if i chose to be effected by everything that's going on in the world i'd feel too incompetent to do anything about it anyway, so i'd rather live my life for the best and if i get to make a change it might some day add up to a general trend of change for the good...

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#5802393 - 06/29/06 08:11 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

damn, i'd be ashamed if i lived in israel and if my government did that, especially in a time when the palestinian people finally elected their own government, and when palestine was actually starting to move forward (even if recognizing israel isn't much in itself, its still a step forward). i mean, just the fact that the israeli army permitted itself to shoot civilians on a beach in palestine...wtf, i don't know man, the israeli government is loosing it.

but you're right, this is all BS anyways, nevertheless i doesn't change the fact that if you're an israeli citizen, that the army is acting in your name, this does concern you whether you like it or not, doesn't that piss you off? you say that you're waiting for a general trend of change for the good, does that mean that nobody in israel is expressing their discontentment for what is happening?

i go by the philosophy that an individual is not separate from the world, that i am the world, and that what's happening to the world is happening to me. maybe that's one of my inherent problems, since i tend to be easily emotionally affected by what's going on in the world, and that's why i can get fired up for these things (sorry if i'm coming off as harsh or something btw) but ultimately i think there's no avoiding, sooner or later it'll come back to you with a vengeance. might as well try and act now, before its too late.

you know the butterfly effect, as tiny and insignificant as we are, we always have the potential to change the world. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#5802442 - 06/29/06 08:41 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

the thing is i don't know what's really going on you see... i have very limited contackt with people and the midia (by choice)
i don't feel saparate from the world but i feel that expressing my viwe on life and the situation (whenever it fits) is what's going to make the change... but the fact is that what i think has no bearing on the political reality!
maybe i'm selfish but i rather focus on my life then on countless others (for now) maybe when i'll be somehow content with my life i could actualy preach for a change?

you know those people that keep worrying about stray cats?
don't these people know there are worse things then stray cats? why don't they worry about homelss people instead? and why worry about the homeless when you SHOULD be worried with the education of your kids so that they're not going to end up homeless? and while you're at it why not worry about how the midia is brainwashing out minds and making the expiriance we call life so fucking bad?

i choose to be blind in the hope that if my life will be ok i might be able to make other people's life a little better, we're not gonna change society by force so i'm not gonna bother :shrug:

and of course it pisses me off, it's disapointing, its thrustrating, its sad and its terrible but hating and spewing venomes words at people is not gonna help anything so i choose to ignore it!

i'm really too much of an idealist and when i was younger i always talked about how things should be better if everyone were simply better/ideal but change comes from the bottom up and not the other way around right? so i'm not gonna bother with what i can't change...

now let me ask you... what are YOU doing to change anything?
the US is 100 times as fucked as israel!

(i'm not taking any of this personally BTW and neither should you... let's not let this get out of hand like these discussions tend to get :sun:)

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5802565 - 06/29/06 09:35 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:
It seems to me that most people have a phobia of "hard news". The only meaningful news they care about is the news that pertains to them personally.

Speak for yourself,

I was speaking for American people, so that does not include you.

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5802578 - 06/29/06 09:39 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:

Because this "campeign" is exposing Israel for the ruthless occupation state it is, the only state in the world that still practices aparthied. Everyone knows who runs the media in the USA, and if you don't then you are blind. That is why it is not all over cnn, yet if the palastinians launched just 1 missile into Israel, we would never hear the end of it.

Freedom of press is one of our best qualities as a society, what happens when we no longer have it?

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5802592 - 06/29/06 09:44 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

simisu said:

on the one hand being born and raised in israel i TOTALLY understand and agree with it, on the other i could NEVER find any reason to throw millions of dollars worth of smart bombs on crappy shacks, briges or power plants (just for show) it also gets the exect oposit result and breeds more hardship for a place that's already very hard to live in (creating more people who'd like to blow up in a bus :shrug:)

israel can not take things such as kidnapes lying down... it's simply not an option (we're surounded by haters and if we give them the chance we'll have too much shit to deal with)

as far as killing men, raping women and assimilation goes... i sure fucking hope none of that shit is going on in the IDF... i'd like to think that it doesn't but that'd be too naive i can only hope that it's only a few incedents here and there rather then the norm :shrug:

(BTW i have no idea what's going on over here... i don't listen to the news anymore!)

I have a question for you. Why is it, that when Israeli's kidnap Palastinians(which they do on a daily basis) it is called arresting, or questioning? They "arrest" one Israeli soldier so they invade the sovereign state of palistine. I have much respect for the Israeli people, but lately they are looking like hypocrites and they use their power in the media to cover it up. This is not anti-semitism, it is simply my observation.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #5802594 - 06/29/06 09:44 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The idea of Jews running the media is absurd.

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5802614 - 06/29/06 09:52 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
:lol:

Hell yeah.  They don't take NO shit from NOBODY.  :grin:

Why is it okay for them to commit mass murder of innocent lives? I realize they are in a bad situation, but how can you make a statement like this. The world is so fucking blind it drives me nuts. Its like Israel has immunity to law due to the events that happened over 60 years ago. Wake up people, your unbridled support of Israel is why the WTC were taken out. You wonder why muslims hate America??? Cause they hate our FREEDOM??? hahaha yeah right, its because USA sends over 3 billion$ a year to Israel in aid. I wish we would all just stay out of the middle east and let the people fighting for it, duke it out.

--------------------
Capliberty:

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5802633 - 06/29/06 09:59 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
The idea of Jews running the media is absurd.

Why is that? Why do Jewish people own a disproportionate amount of the media? Ben Stein was quoted as saying "So what if Jews own 60% of the Hollywood, so what?"

Well, when the state of Israel is constantly thought of as a "strong beacon of democracy, in a dessert of shit" while committing war crimes, you start to wonder why. Maybe the media is biased??

I am asking you, when you watch news reports of the next few weeks reporting on these events, please take note of the positive, heroic light, Israel is painted in. They are a country that must conduct itself in the same manor as the rest of them, no free passes.

--------------------
Capliberty:

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5802654 - 06/29/06 10:05 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Quote:

That's nonsense. The media sucks because the outlets know what people want to watch. People want to watch silly little human interest stories, like rescuing the pets from Hurrican Katrina. Most US citizens don't give a shit about foreign policy and couldn't even find Israel on a map.

Nonesense, the media knows exactly what it is doing. If it was constantly showing the crimes of Israel, Americans would stop supporting said state. Who would that be bad for, the Israelis, who controls the media......

It never fails to amaze me at how indoctrinated the US people are......THINK FOR YOURSELVES, and STOP watching your TV!!!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Capliberty:

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#5802708 - 06/29/06 10:18 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:

I have a question for you. Why is it, that when Israeli's kidnap Palastinians(which they do on a daily basis) it is called arresting, or questioning? They "arrest" one Israeli soldier so they invade the sovereign state of palistine. I have much respect for the Israeli people, but lately they are looking like hypocrites and they use their power in the media to cover it up. This is not anti-semitism, it is simply my observation.

because we really "arrest" these people rather then kill them? not that we don't kill people (there are enough "hits" every year but we don't kidnape them and try to use them as playing cards... when i was in the air force i was lucky enough to hear some of the hellicopter pilots talk about these "hits" they do... they're all aware of the danger of hitting innocents and do their best to avoide it (this is first hand and i belive them... they have very strict procedures but they are not infaluable) today we kidnaped a few ministers from the hamas gov but we're gonna prosecute them rather then execute :smirk:

as far as i know there were two kindaps in the past few days one soldier and one 19YO civilian who was found dead today...

as for looking like hypocrits, i bet they don't give a rats ass how we look as long as they do what's right for israel (and i don't condem them for it... you have to realize that israel is a very small place surrounded by enemys and it has to do everything in it's power to simply survive!!! politicall corectness dosn't enter into it... and that's not to say i agree with what's going on... i just understand this line of thinking and to be quite honest my sense of survivle often covers my sense of rightusness i guess :shrug:)

i feel like an asshole talking about this... you all must understand that i have NO idea what's really going on! i don't think any of you are able to understand it either though... i could pontificate till kindome comes but i don't feel it's gonna get us anywhere :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5802741 - 06/29/06 10:33 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Please find me sources of Jews who are the CEOs of major media outlets. I bet it is nowhere near a majority of the companies.

I know exactly what I am talking about. I have done extensive research and study on the mass media and their relation with politics (both domestic and international). In fact, in the major television news outlets (CNN, MSNBC) and newspaper outlets (NYT, LAT, Wa. Post, etc.) Israeli acts of aggression are targeted commonly with criticism.

Simply repeating a misguided stereotype does not make you right.

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5802771 - 06/29/06 10:42 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

simisu said:
Quote:

alpharedecho said:

because we really "arrest" these people rather then kill them? not that we don't kill people (there are enough "hits" every year but we don't kidnape them and try to use them as playing cards... when i was in the air force i was lucky enough to hear some of the hellicopter pilots talk about these "hits" they do... they're all aware of the danger of hitting innocents and do their best to avoide it (this is first hand and i belive them... they have very strict procedures but they are not infaluable) today we kidnaped a few ministers from the hamas gov but we're gonna prosecute them rather then execute :smirk:

as far as i know there were two kindaps in the past few days one soldier and one 19YO civilian who was found dead today...

as for looking like hypocrits, i bet they don't give a rats ass how we look as long as they do what's right for israel (and i don't condem them for it... you have to realize that israel is a very small place surrounded by enemys and it has to do everything in it's power to simply survive!!! politicall corectness dosn't enter into it... and that's not to say i agree with what's going on... i just understand this line of thinking and to be quite honest my sense of survivle often covers my sense of rightusness i guess :shrug:)

i feel like an asshole talking about this... you all must understand that i have NO idea what's really going on! i don't think any of you are able to understand it either though... i could pontificate till kindome comes but i don't feel it's gonna get us anywhere :smirk:

Fair enough, I do realize you guys are surrounded by enemies but your army is 100X better than all the countries surrounding you. Plus you have nukes, so this excuse of we get them before they get us is kind of old. And yes, you don't execute on the spot but I have read many cases of where the Palastinian just disappeared. But he was not murdered by israelis surely  :smirk:

Its a messed up situation, but Israel is in the driver seat.

--------------------
Capliberty:

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5802785 - 06/29/06 10:47 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Please find me sources of Jews who are the CEOs of major media outlets. I bet it is nowhere near a majority of the companies.

I know exactly what I am talking about. I have done extensive research and study on the mass media and their relation with politics (both domestic and international). In fact, in the major television news outlets (CNN, MSNBC) and newspaper outlets (NYT, LAT, Wa. Post, etc.) Israeli acts of aggression are targeted commonly with criticism.

THERE YOU GO, BTW if you did any research you would know these things, so your full of shit.

The largest media conglomerate today is Walt Disney Company, whose chairman and CEO, Michael Eisner, is a Jew. The Disney Empire, headed by a man described by one media analyst as a "control freak", includes several television production companies (Walt Disney Television, Touchstone Television, Buena Vista Television), its own cable network with 14 million subscribers, and two video production companies.

As for feature films, the Walt Disney Picture Group, headed by Joe Roth (also a Jew), includes Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Pictures, and Caravan Pictures. Disney also owns Miramax Films, run by the Weinstein brothers. When the Disney Company was run by the Gentile Disney family prior to its takeover by Eisner in 1984, it epitomized wholesome, family entertainment. While it still holds the rights to Snow White, under Eisner, the company has expanded into the production of graphic sex and violence.

In addition, it has 225 affiliated stations in the United States and is part owner of several European TV companies. ABC's cable subsidiary, ESPN, is headed by president and CEO Steven Bornstein, a Jew. This corporation also has a controlling share of Lifetime Television and the Arts & Entertainment Network cable companies. ABC Radio Network owns eleven AM and ten FM stations, again in major cities such as New York, Washington, Los Angeles, and has over 3,400 affiliates. Although primarily a telecommunications company, Capital Cities/ABC earned over $1 billion in publishing in 1994. It owns seven daily newspapers, Fairchild Publications, Chilton Publications, and the Diversified Publishing Group. Time Warner, Inc, is the second of the international media leviathans. The chairman of the board and CEO, Gerald Levin, is a Jew. Time Warner's subsidiary HBO is the country's largest pay-TV cable network. Warner Music is by far the world's largest record company, with 50 labels, the biggest of which is Warner Brothers Records, headed by Danny Goldberg. Stuart Hersch is president of Warnervision, Warner Music's video production unit. Goldberg and Hersch are Jews. Warner Music was an early promoter of "gangsta rap." Through its involvement with Interscope Records, it helped popularize a genre whose graphic lyrics explicitly urge Blacks to commit acts of violence against Whites.

In addition to cable and music, Time Warner is heavily involved in the production of feature films (Warner Brothers Studio) and publishing. Time Warner's publishing division (editor-in-chief Norman Pearlstine, a Jew) is the largest magazine publisher in the country (Time, Sports Illustrated, People, Fortune). When Ted Turner, a Gentile, made a bid to buy CBS in 1985, there was panic in media boardrooms across the nation. Turner made a fortune in advertising and then had built a successful cable-TV news network, CNN. Although Turner employed a number of Jews in key executive positions in CNN and had never taken public positions contrary to Jewish interests, he is a man with a large ego and a strong personality and was regarded by Chairman William Paley (real name Palinsky, a Jew) and the other Jews at CBS as uncontrollable: a loose cannon who might at some time in the future turn against them. Furthermore, Jewish newsman Daniel Schorr, who had worked for Turner, publicly charged that his former boss held a personal dislike for Jews. To block Turner's bid, CBS executives invited billionaire Jewish theater, hotel, insurance, and cigarette magnate Laurence Tisch to launch a "friendly" takeover of the company, and from 1986 till 1995 Tisch was the chairman and CEO of CBS, removing any threat of non-Jewish influence there. Subsequent efforts by Turner to acquire a major network have been obstructed by Levin's Time Warner, which owns nearly 20 percent of CBS stock and has veto power over major deals. Viacom, Inc, headed by Sumner Redstone (born Murray Rothstein), a Jew, is the third largest megamedia corporation in the country, with revenues of over $10 billion a year. Viacom, which produces and distributes TV programs for the three largest networks, owns 12 television stations and 12 radio stations. It produces feature films through Paramount Pictures, headed by Jewess Sherry Lansing.

Its publishing division includes Prentice Hall, Simon & Schuster, and Pocket Books. It distributes videos through over 4,000 Blockbuster stores. Viacom's chief claim to fame, however, is as the world's largest provider of cable programming, through its Showtime, MTV, Nickelodeon, and other networks. Since 1989, MTV and Nickelodeon have acquired larger and larger shares of the younger television audience. With the top three, and by far the largest, media companies in the hand of Jews, it is difficult to believe that such an overwhelming degree of control came about without a deliberate, concerted effort on their part. What about the other big media companies? Number four on the list is Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, which owns Fox Television and 20th Century Fox Films. Murdoch is a Gentile, but Peter Chermin, who heads Murdoch's film studio and also oversees his TV production, is a Jew. Number five is the Japanese Sony Corporation, whose U.S. subsidiary, Sony Corporation of America, is run by Michael Schulhof, a Jew.

Alan Levine, another Jew, heads the Sony Pictures division. Most of the television and movie production companies that are not owned by the largest corporations are also controlled by Jews. For example, New World Entertainment, proclaimed by one media analyst as "the premiere independent TV program producer in the United States," is owned by Ronald Perelman, a Jew. The best known of the smaller media companies, Dreamworks SKG, is a strictly kosher affair. Dream Works was formed in 1994 amid great media hype by recording industry mogul David Geffen, former Disney Pictures chairman Jeffrey Katzenberg, and film director Steven Spielberg, all three of whom are Jews. The company produces movies, animated films, television programs, and recorded music.

Two other large production companies, MCA and Universal Pictures, are both owned by Seagram Company, Ltd. The president and CEO of Seagram, the liquor giant, is Edgar Bronfman Jr., who is also president of the World Jewish Congress. It is well known that Jews have controlled the production and distribution of films since the inception of the movie industry in the early decades of the 20th century. This is still the case today. Films produced by just the five largest motion picture companies mentioned above-Disney, Warner Brothers, Sony, Paramount (Viacom), and Universal (Seagram)-accounted for 74 per cent of the total box-office receipts for the first eight months of 1995. The big three in television network broadcasting used to be ABC, CBS, and NBC. With the consolidation of the media empires, these three are no longer independent entities.

While they were independent, however, each was controlled by a Jew since its inception: ABC by Leonard Goldenson, CBS first by William Paley and then by Lawrence Tisch, and NBC first by David Sarnoff and then by his son Robert. Over periods of several decades, these networks were staffed from top to bottom with Jews, and the essential Jewishness of network television did not change when the networks were absorbed by other corporations. The Jewish presence in television news remains particularly strong.

As noted, ABC is part of Eisner's Disney Company, and the executive producers of ABC's news programs are all Jews: Victor Neufeld (20-20), Bob Reichbloom (Good Morning America), and Rick Kaplan (World News Tonight). CBS was recently purchased by Westinghouse Electric Corporation. Nevertheless, the man appointed by Lawrence Tisch, Eric Ober, remains president of CBS News, and Ober is a Jew. At NBC, now owned by General Electric, NBC News president Andrew Lack is a Jew, as are executive producers Jeff Zucker (Today), Jeff Gralnick (NBC Nightly News), and Neal Shapiro (Dateline).

The Print Media After television news, daily newspapers are the most influential information medium in America. Sixty million of them are sold (and presumably read) each day. These millions are divided among some 1,500 different publications. One might conclude that the sheer number of different newspapers across America would provide a safeguard against Jewish control and distortion. However, this is not the case. There is less independence, less competition, and much less representation of our interests than a casual observer would think. The days when most cities and even towns had several independently owned newspapers published by local people with close ties to the community are gone. Today, most "local" newspapers are owned by a rather small number of large companies controlled by executives who live and work hundreds or ever thousands of miles away. The fact is that only about 25 per cent of the country's 1,500 papers are independently owned; the rest belong to multi-newspaper chains. Only a handful are large enough to maintain independent reporting staffs outside their own communities; the rest depend on these few for all of their national and international news. The Newhouse empire of Jewish brothers Samuel and Donald Newhouse provides an example of more than the lack of real competition among America's daily newspapers: it also illustrates the insatiable appetite Jews have shown for all the organs of opinion control on which they could fasten their grip.

The Newhouses own 26 daily newspapers, including several large and important ones, such as the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Newark Star-Ledger, and the New Orleans Times-Picayune; the nation's largest trade book publishing conglomerate, Random House, with all its subsidiaries; Newhouse Broadcasting, consisting of 12 television broadcasting stations and 87 cable-TV systems, including some of the country's largest cable networks; the Sunday supplement Parade, with a circulation of more than 22 million copies per week; some two dozen major magazines, including the New Yorker, Vogue, Madmoiselle, Glamour, Vanity Fair, Bride's, Gentlemen's Quarterly, Self, House & Garden, and all the other magazines of the wholly owned Conde Nast group. This Jewish media empire was founded by the late Samuel Newhouse, an immigrant from Russia. The gobbling up of so many newspapers by the Newhouse family was in large degree made possible by the fact that newspapers are not supported by their subscribers, but by their advertisers. It is advertising revenue--not the small change collected from a newspaper's readers--that largely pays the editor's salary and yields the owner's profit.

Whenever the large advertisers in a city choose to favor one newspaper over another with their business, the favored newspaper will flourish while its competitor dies. Since the beginning of the 20th century, when Jewish mercantile power in America became a dominant economic force, there has been a steady rise in the number of American newspapers in Jewish hands, accompanied by a steady decline in the number of competing Gentile newspapers--primarily as a result of selective advertising policies by Jewish merchants. Furthermore, even those newspapers still under Gentile ownership and management are so thoroughly dependent upon Jewish advertising revenue that their editorial and news reporting policies are largely constrained by Jewish likes and dislikes. It holds true in the newspaper business as elsewhere that he who pays the piper calls the tune.

(BTW I included this paragraph for the names of the ppl in charge, pay no attention to the anti-white babble, as I think its rather far fetched. None the less, the facts are, these are the people running our Media)

--------------------
Capliberty:

Edited by alpharedecho (06/29/06 11:00 AM)

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5802790 - 06/29/06 10:48 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The following is a list of Jewish CEO's in the USA. It is proof that Jews really does control the US media.

NAME ------ COMPANY

RICHARD BERNSTEIN jew Western Publishing. childrens books

STUART BLOOMBERG jew ABC Head of Entertainment Division.

PETER CHERNIN jew 20th Century Fox. dec. 1992 new CEO

MARTIN S. DAVIS jew Paramount Comm. CEO

BARRY DILLER jew 20th Century Fox. CEO

MICHAEL D. EISNER jew WALT DISNEY Co.

STEVEN FRIEDMAN jew NBC Executive Producer Nightly News. Hired may 1990 under G.E. (gentile) owned NBC.

LEONARD HARRY GOLDENSON jew ABC (Capital Cities ABC TV) (upto 1985. Thomas Murphy now CEO but with same Jewish management)

KATHERINE MEYER GRAHAM jew Newsweek, Washington Post. Daughter of Eugene Meyer.

PETER GUBER jew Columbia Pictures. 1989. Bought by SONY, Guber replaced Kaufman as CEO.

PETER KALIKOW jew New York Post. Real estate devloper.

PETER R. KANN jew Dow Jones, Wall St Journal, Barrons

VICTOR A. KAUFMAN jew Columbia Pictures. CEO

CHARLES KOPPELMAN jew EMI Records CEO

GARY HERSH jew Capitol Records CEO

GERALD LEVIN jew TIME/WARNER Comm. CO-CEO

ROBERT MAXWELL aka Ludvik Hoch jew. Daily News.

RONNESSEN jew MBS. Mutual Broadcasting SYS.

SAMUEL NEWHOUSE russian jew Random House, Advanced Publications, Newhouse Broadcasting, (CTV), New Yorker Vogue, Mademoiselle, Glamour, Vanity Fair, HQ, Bride's, Gentleman's Quarterly, Self, House & Garden. Newspapers & mags.

MICHAEL OVITZ jew Media magnate.

WILLIAM S. PALEY russian jew CBS CEO & founder of CBS. 1927. 1983 Partially retired.

SUMNER M. REDSTONE jew Viacom MTV Nickelodeon QVC. CEO.

STEVEN J. ROSS jew TIME/WARNER Comm. CEO.

JEFF SAGANSKY russian jew CBS Head Entertainment Division.

DAVID SARNOFF russian jew RCA NBC head entertainment div.

ROBERT SARNOFF russian jew RCA NBC CEO (son of D. Sarnoff). RCA and NBC were bought by G.E. in 1986 but Jewish management still exists.

MICHAEL P. SCHULHOF jew SONY. Vice chairman.

RICHARD SNYDER jew Simon & Schuster.

LEONARD STERN jew VILLAGE VOICE. HARTZ pets supply.

ROBERT STRAUSS jew Large investor, President Bush's Moscow ambassador.

ARTHUR OCHS SULZBERGER jew New York Times, family circle. McCall's, M. Frankel, J. Lelyveld, J. Rosenthal - all Jews.

BRANDON TARTIKOFF russian jew Paramount pictures. Chairman.

LAWRENCE A. TISCH russian jew CBS CEO TV, theaters, hotels, insurance. (Before him was 1928 William S. Paley son of russian jews. Retired 1983.)

LEW WASSERMAN jew MCA Inc. CEO. 1991. Bought by SONY. but Wasserman still is CEO.

MORTIMER ZUCKERMAN jew US News and World Report, DAILY NEWS. New ceo.

--------------------
Capliberty:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #5802792 - 06/29/06 10:49 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

break that shit up into paragraphs, do you think anyone is really going to take the time to read that ugly fucking block paragraph? UGH.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5802796 - 06/29/06 10:50 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, id rather not know the truth, then have to read a block paragraph.......sorry but thats the way it came.

so restorm, want more???????? or am i just repeating the same old steroetype? Lemming

--------------------
Capliberty:

Male

#5802800 - 06/29/06 10:51 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I don't give a shit about "the truth" if it's not presented to me an easily approachable, aesthetically pleasing format.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#5802802 - 06/29/06 10:51 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

can you please link to where you found thesE?

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5802809 - 06/29/06 10:54 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Just google "Jewish media control" and take your pick.

Let me state, that it is impressive that jewish people have found so much success in the entertainment and media industry. But when they use it to manipulate public opinion of key events......I get a little worried.

--------------------
Capliberty:

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
    #5802826 - 06/29/06 11:02 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hypocrites i think they are.

But anyway, can somenoe explain to me this gaza strip zone and west bank i been using google earth...

So i have areas ^^^^that are in red that are in israel...

So are these areas palastinian land? And everything around it is still israel???

EDIT: ok, so after reading some more about israel, it seems like THEY ARE THE TERROIRSTIC FORCE, fighting wars, and occupying stuff that ain' theres. Like parts of lebenon, and stuff like that.

Whats going on here. They really sound like they are the terrorists after reading stuff on the wars.

Edited by Liquidkick (06/29/06 11:10 AM)

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Liquidkick]
    #5802949 - 06/29/06 11:43 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

my links arnt working, 1 sec

--------------------
Capliberty:

Edited by alpharedecho (06/29/06 11:54 AM)

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#5802977 - 06/29/06 11:54 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Ythan owns the Shroomery alright :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: ivi]
    #5802981 - 06/29/06 11:55 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ivi said:
Ythan owns the Shroomery alright :smirk:

THANK YOU  :smirk:

--------------------
Capliberty:

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5802991 - 06/29/06 11:57 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:

So are you going to reply to the dozens of examples I found proving you wrong? Or just say "steroetype, racism, anti-semitism, your hitler" to make it all go away?  :smirk:

--------------------
Capliberty:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5803017 - 06/29/06 12:05 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry, I had a real life to attend to. Some of us have to get ready for work and what-not. I'll dig up some links when I get back from employment.

Btw, you might want to take a look at that info for legitimacy. It seems out of date. Right in the first paragraph, it says Eisner is the head of Disney. This is no longer true. Also, for the sake of convenience, bold or highlight the relevant portions. I don't really care that a Jew is the CEO of Lifetime channel or A&E.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #5803019 - 06/29/06 12:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Just something to leave you with:

Quote:

Pro-Palestinian bias
among CNN ranks?
Businessmen claim correspondent told them current crisis is 'beginning of the end of Israel'
Posted: April 23, 2002
5:00 p.m. Eastern

By Diana Lynne
© 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

A conversation between CNN State Department correspondent Andrea Koppel and a group of businessmen attending a conference in Tel Aviv, in which Koppel is accused of making anti-Israel statements, has sparked a firestorm of debate over media bias and its role in the Mideast crisis.

The conversation, paraphrased in an e-mail by San Francisco businessman David Blumberg, is reverberating throughout cyberspace. Thousands of readers from all corners of the globe, from Israel to France, China to Brazil, have responded to Blumberg's message, nearly all supportive of his efforts to uncover the perceived media bias.

"It's not about Andrea Koppel. This is endemic of the shallowness of journalism in America today," Blumberg tells WorldNetDaily.

In his e-mail, Blumberg recounts the conversation that took place at the Intercontinental Hotel as beginning with an American-born Israeli businessman, Adam Ruskin, telling Koppel about his perception of media distortion. Blumberg paraphrases Ruskin as taking issue with "the press that stresses moral equivalence between Israeli civilian deaths caused by Palestinian terror and Palestinian civilian deaths caused by Israeli military actions. He argued that Israel has tried to engage in a peace process since Camp David and has been double-crossed over and over by the Palestinian Authority. Further, he argued the civilian deaths caused by Palestinians are intentional, whereas the deaths caused by Israel are mostly the tragic, unintentional results caused by Israel trying to defend itself."

Blumberg's paraphrased version of the conversation continues as follows:

Andrea Koppel: "So when Israeli soldiers slaughter civilians in Jenin, that is not equivalent?"

Adam Ruskin: "What are your sources? Were you in Jenin? How exactly do you know there was a slaughter?"

Andrea Koppel: "I just spoke with my colleagues who were there, and they told me of the slaughter."

Adam Ruskin: "Did they actually see the shooting, the bodies?"

Andrea Koppel: "Palestinians told us about the slaughter."

Adam Ruskin: "And you believe them without evidence. Could they possibly be lying and distorting facts?"

Andrea Koppel: "Oh, so now they are all just lying?"

As Blumberg describes, Ruskin became emotional in describing that "his children are afraid, his friends have been murdered, and if this goes on, 'We could lose our lives or we could lose our country.'" Blumberg writes that Koppel responded, "Yes, you will lose your country."

Blumberg's paraphrased version of the conversation continues:

David Blumberg: "Did I just hear you correctly -- that you believe the current crisis will lead to the destruction of the State of Israel?"

Andrea Koppel: "Yes, I believe we are now seeing the beginning of the end of Israel."

In a written statement, Koppel disputes Blumberg's version of the conversation:

"The facts of the conversation were not at all as recounted in the e-mail now circulating. I spoke briefly to an Israeli who was understandably emotional about the situation facing his nation. I agreed with him that this is, indeed, a dangerous time for the State of Israel, something that Sharon and almost all parties have said. I never referred to the deaths in Jenin as a "slaughter" and would not have done so because the allegations about what happened there are in dispute. It was a brief conversation in which I expressed my sympathy for Israelis as well as Palestinians. I in no way feel that Israel cannot and will not survive, and I of course share the hope that it will be able to live in peace and security. I regret that my words were misunderstood and ask that people judge me by what I report."

Responding to an e-mail from CNN Newsgroup's chairman and CEO Walter Isaacson, Blumberg writes, "The larger problem is with journalism in general, TV journalism more specifically and coverage of the Middle East in particular. It is the 'talking headization' of journalism. I am concerned about content and context. How can someone with her lack of understanding accurately report on the issues involved in this ancient and multifaceted, nuanced part of the world? Today, the power of such voices as Andrea Koppel magnifies the potential for misleading conclusions born not necessarily from malice, but from broad conclusions based on shallow knowledge edited for a short TV time-slot."

Blumberg reaffirmed for Isaacson and WorldNetDaily Koppel's use of the word "slaughter," stating he regrets her denial. He adds that while he paraphrased most of the five to ten-minute conversation, he quoted her verbatim when she made the statement, "Yes, you will lose your country."

"I stand by David Blumberg's version of events, and am astounded by Andrea Koppel’s denials," Ruskin, the Israeli businessman, told WorldNetDaily. "David and I are both highly educated individuals with good memories." Ruskin also pointed out he does not have cable television, did not know who Andrea Koppel was, and did not previously know Blumberg.

"Andrea Koppel should bear in mind that as a broadcast journalist she has tremendous power, and therefore must exercise extreme caution in her work," Ruskin continues. "With regard to Jenin, her cavalier attitude towards the rudiments of her profession (careful, independent verification of facts, keeping an open mind, not rushing to judgment, etc.) was sloppy, unprofessional and irresponsible. She used the word 'slaughter' with regard to Jenin, before the facts are known. David and I clearly heard her do so. I feel as if she has, perhaps unknowingly, succumbed to the 'Big Lie' syndrome: If people repeat a lie enough times, it becomes the truth. A lie, unless proven otherwise, is currently being repeated with regard to Jenin."

Blumberg says the third businessman who participated in the conversation has confirmed the "key points" of his version and will "go public" at the right time.

As for the feedback generated by his e-mail, Blumberg told WND that 95 percent of the approximately 2,500 messages he had received were "extremely supportive" while a few said they believed Koppel was right in her assessment of the situation.

"A few from press people wrote to encourage me to go easy on Andrea," says Blumberg.

"I am extremely concerned about world media threatening Israel's existence," Ruskin laments to WND. "I feel that the media holds Israel to standards that are higher than those that they hold even the United States, while at the same time holding the Palestinian Authority to the standards of the banana-republic dictatorship that they are. Media-bashing of Israel, particularly by the Europeans, is the greatest threat to Israel's existence today."

Ruskin is apparently not alone in his concern. Another circulating e-mail boasts 1,000 cancellations of subscriptions to the Los Angeles Times over a perceived pro-Palestinian bias. Mike Lange, communications director for the Times, tells WND, "It appears to have been a one-day grassroots protest of our paper."

Lange confirms a rough estimate of the cancelled subscriptions logged on April 17 was 1,000, "which represents less than one-tenth of one percent of our average daily subscriptions." Lange also confirms that the cancellations, in part, represent dissatisfaction with the paper's Mideast coverage, but said he wasn't sure how much of it was due to that because they hadn't "compiled all the reasons."

When asked whether the boycott would impact the paper's Mideast coverage in the future, Lange replied, "We don't base editorial decisions on this sort of action."

In a written statement, Times editor John Carroll maintains, "The Times currently has a large staff of reporters and photographers chronicling the conflict in the Middle East. Our goal is to provide coverage that is both fair and complete. We feel that we serve our readership best by covering all aspects and points of view. Some readers may take objection to specific articles, but I am confident that, over time, careful readers of this newspaper will get a full, balanced account of these unsettling events."

Sharon Tzur, director of Media Watch International, a non-profit organization launched at the start of the intifada to combat "Palestinian intimidation of the press," sees a great imbalance in media coverage of the Mideast crisis in favor of the Palestinians.

"I would not label a certain network or newspaper as biased," Tzur says, "but there are elements of agencies ... that are biased and therefore contribute to the public perception of media distortion." Tzur named another CNN correspondent as being pro-Palestinian and reports that her group has received complaints about Andrea Koppel's coverage.

While Tzur says she's seen an improvement over the past 18 months in CNN's coverage, she adds, "They have a lot more soul searching and monitoring of their material to do to improve the public's perception of their balance, objectivity and pursuit of truth."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27352

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5803054 - 06/29/06 12:14 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5803062 - 06/29/06 12:18 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

So your saying the media is not biased in favor of the state of Israel? Give me a break, you people are hopeless. When I was in Europe, what I am stating was common knowledge....

--------------------
Capliberty:

Edited by alpharedecho (06/29/06 12:18 PM)

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5803076 - 06/29/06 12:21 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

So your just trolling  :rolleyes:

Go back to Germany 

You should be :ban: your such a racist good luck with that

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#5803116 - 06/29/06 12:34 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5803242 - 06/29/06 01:08 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Snaggletooth said:

Go back to Germany 

Totally unfair.  I think he's brought up some interesting points at least.  To call him a troll or a racist is why out of line, espeically in the pub.  :crankey:

--------------------

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5803258 - 06/29/06 01:14 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Quote:

Snaggletooth said:

Go back to Germany 

Totally unfair.  I think he's brought up some interesting points at least.  To call him a troll or a racist is why out of line, espeically in the pub.  :crankey:

What that he can cut and paste disinformation from a hate group?

He said nothing that was new, or interesting,

He used the same talking points that the Nazi use, or go to any white supremacy site and you will see the same thing...................but I guess like minds think the same 

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
    #5803360 - 06/29/06 01:53 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Btw to note, my gripe is not about JEWS. My gripe is about Israel as a country, not as a religion.

Seems like the people running the Israel Government are terrorits.

They been in a lot of wars in the 70s-80s from what i read, and start occupying parts of lebenon, going to war with egypt etc...

I am talking about the citizens of israel here, which could be jew, muslim, christian, atheist.

Its just like the US, trying to run into other countries and take them over.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#5803381 - 06/29/06 02:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

you CLEARLY have NO idea what you're talking about... i'm sorry...

ALL our wars have been started by the countries we boarder with and NOT by us... all the occupied terretories were taken in these wars as stratigic ground!

if you look at the current map you'll see that israel is as thin as about 10-20 KM in the middle and can be cut in half with not much force
our stratigic stand point is to always go farward because we simply can't retreat without compremising civilians (go farward at all costs)

we did NOT take land just for fun!

--------------------

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
    #5803393 - 06/29/06 02:04 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, i briefly read the fact book. Indepth anyalsis comes later.

Keyword "seems"

Not definitive, but i guess i tried to support my non definitve answer.

Well whats up with these damn straight up "raids" i say kidnappings.

So if you're saying that these are not israeli land they are entering another country and removing its citizens from them, thats some kidnapping to me.

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5803405 - 06/29/06 02:09 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

simisu said:
you CLEARLY have NO idea what you're talking about... i'm sorry...

ahahah your so right man, but dont be sorry for someone else ignorance,

I find stupidity funny   :thumbup:

I would not want to change their view, then what would I have to laugh at 

Hey where is your grow guide :evil:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#5803411 - 06/29/06 02:10 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i'm the last to teach anything about this... get your "facts" straight befor you continue to post in this thread :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleLiquidkick
H2O
    #5803418 - 06/29/06 02:11 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

i'll post wherever.

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5803425 - 06/29/06 02:13 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Liquidkick said:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#5803445 - 06/29/06 02:19 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

ummm as far as i know ivi...
if we DID start a war it wasn't to gain land or anything like that, that's for sure!
if we started one or two it was because we had no other choice and it was going to escalate into a war anyway :shrug:

we might have done the first strike on one or two (i'm clueless really) but not for fun (THAT i'm sure about!)

edit: this was in response to ivi's ORLY statment... i guess he want's to stay out of this... i didn't want to get INTO this but it's tempting when you see the amount of misconseptions people have (me included i guess :smirk:)

--------------------

Edited by simisu (06/29/06 02:22 PM)

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5803460 - 06/29/06 02:25 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Who would have thought Politics or Religion would be so controversial, :rolleyes:

That why this bullshit should not be here,  :evil:

Did you all know there is a whole Forum dedicated to this, Really I am not shiting, there is, and that is where this shit should be.

Move it or lock it :thumbup:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5803834 - 06/29/06 04:10 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Snaggletooth said:
Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Quote:

Snaggletooth said:

Go back to Germany 

He used the same talking points that the Nazi use, or go to any white supremacy site and you will see the same thing...................but I guess like minds think the same 

You know, I would just like to thank you for proving my point. Such emotion and blind hate towards me for my OPINION. You need to take a step back and ask yourself, why you think this way. I am not a troll, nor a white supremist, I am somebody who sees the truth through all the lies. It is an new common tactic to scream "RACIST" anytime valid points are brought up, that don't go with the flow. Its really getting old.

You say my sources are wrong.....look up each company and their CEO, its there in black and white. Just because they all happen to be jewish, it doesn't make me a racist for pointing it out.

I can't even state the truth with out being called a racist, nice FREE country we live in.

FUck nazis, my grandfather died defending england, and by you refering to me as a nazi.......sends chills down my spine. Fuck you you bitch ass faggot.

--------------------
Capliberty:

Male

#5803848 - 06/29/06 04:14 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

No flaming in the Pub man, keep it civil. :smirk:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5803852 - 06/29/06 04:15 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Liquidkick said:
Btw to note, my gripe is not about JEWS. My gripe is about Israel as a country, not as a religion.

Seems like the people running the Israel Government are terrorits.

They been in a lot of wars in the 70s-80s from what i read, and start occupying parts of lebenon, going to war with egypt etc...

I am talking about the citizens of israel here, which could be jew, muslim, christian, atheist.

Its just like the US, trying to run into other countries and take them over.

You have it a bit wrong. The Israeli's need to be tough, look where they live, and they have done a good job defending themselves(with the help of unlimited US funds, from tax payers) They are going too far though, they are in the eye of the red cross and various aggencies for crimes against humanity. Yet, do you hear about this in the news AT ALL? no, you do not. I know by stating that simple truth I am now racist, but I dont care. Up until about a year ago, I would have never posted something like this, I was a liberal bleeding heart anti-racist to the core. Now I see things for what they really are.

--------------------
Capliberty:

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5803874 - 06/29/06 04:22 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
Quote:

Snaggletooth said:
Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Quote:

Snaggletooth said:

Go back to Germany 

You know, I would just like to thank you for proving my point. Such emotion and blind hate towards me for my OPINION. You need to take a step back and ask yourself, why you think this way. I am not a troll, nor a white supremist, I am somebody who sees the truth through all the lies. It is an new common tactic to scream "RACIST" anytime valid points are brought up, that don't go with the flow. Its really getting old.

You say my sources are wrong.....look up each company and their CEO, its there in black and white. Just because they all happen to be jewish, it doesn't make me a racist for pointing it out.

I can't even state the truth with out being called a racist, nice FREE country we live in.

FUck nazis, my grandfather died defending england, and by you refering to me as a nazi.......sends chills down my spine. Fuck you you bitch ass faggot.

ahhhh are we in a school yard, I thought you had to be 18 to post here, I guess not 

Thanks man for the laughs you rock  :headbanger:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #5803979 - 06/29/06 04:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Alright, this thread has seriously degenerated. After reviewing it, I can find little evidence that many of you are actually listening to each other.

This is a controversial subject, and there is bound to be some flaming, but flaming is NOT allowed in the Pub, or anywhere in the Shroomery, with the exception of OTD.

I am moving this thread to the Political forum (with a pointer). Please note that there is NO flaming allowed in PAL either.

Thanks...

PS: The jewish media conspiracy is actually a 1/72 scale model in my basement. If you look closely, you can see my dog in some of the pictures... :wink:

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#5804020 - 06/29/06 05:08 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

hey don't worry simisu, i'm not the kind of guy who lets these types of discussion get out of hands, and of course i'm not personally mad at you, but rather at israel as a whole for its lack of reaction to what's going on. no reaction to the killings of innocent civilians, no reaction to the bombing of gaza (which by the way has one of the highest density of population in the world), and its just disheartening.

hey, just out of curiosity, what kind of life do you live? you say you have limited contact with people and the media, did you seclude yourself from the rest of the world or something?  :grin:

and to answer your question, i'm in france right now, and i try to change things that concern me more directly, like the recent student movement, i was part of that from the beginning. in fact it took a long time for the movement to really pick up some momentum, it took a little less than two months, and during these two months there was alot of communication and information that was done in order to sensibilize people of what's going on in this country.

and since my university was pretty much where the movement originated from, sometimes i wonder what would've happened if i hadn't done anything

just little things like informing people, just having basic discussions or debates, can have amazing long term effects, like how one domino can cause thousands more to fall.

that's why i think the least you could do is inform yourself of what's happening in your country. i'm amazed that you don't know much of israel's history, its the country that has probably the most particular history in the world. this is just for you to take into consideration but try and find out what's going on, history is unfolding in front of your eyes and you're not paying attention.

you know, you ARE history, you MAKE history, history is you.  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #5805960 - 06/30/06 04:17 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rather at israel as a whole for its lack of reaction to what's going on. no reaction to the killings of innocent civilians, no reaction to the bombing of gaza (which by the way has one of the highest density of population in the world), and its just disheartening.

It is very easy to judge Israel if you have not lived there (or visited). Every single day is lived in fear of being randomly killed. Imagine living somewhere that you cannot leave a car window down for fear that somebody will toss a bomb in the car while you are away. Day, after day, after day, after day, getting stung over and over by little attacks from your neighbor. It never stops, it never ends, it just goes on and on and on and on, year after year after year. (get the idea?) And if you do anything at all about it, from building a wall to keep the neighbor out to killing those that are attacking your people, the world cries foul calling you a terrorist. I don't always agree with Israel for how they react and what they do, but I certainly do not fault them (very often).

And for all those that cry, "but Israel stole the land from the PA"... whah. A lot of borders changed post WWII. Nowhere else in the world do I hear anybody bitch about how somebody else stole their grandfather's land... not even the American Indians, who got shafted much, much worse than any other culture I can think of.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: Seuss]
    #5806980 - 06/30/06 02:40 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Quote:

rather at israel as a whole for its lack of reaction to what's going on. no reaction to the killings of innocent civilians, no reaction to the bombing of gaza (which by the way has one of the highest density of population in the world), and its just disheartening.

It is very easy to judge Israel if you have not lived there (or visited). Every single day is lived in fear of being randomly killed. Imagine living somewhere that you cannot leave a car window down for fear that somebody will toss a bomb in the car while you are away. Day, after day, after day, after day, getting stung over and over by little attacks from your neighbor. It never stops, it never ends, it just goes on and on and on and on, year after year after year. (get the idea?) And if you do anything at all about it, from building a wall to keep the neighbor out to killing those that are attacking your people, the world cries foul calling you a terrorist. I don't always agree with Israel for how they react and what they do, but I certainly do not fault them (very often).

And for all those that cry, "but Israel stole the land from the PA"... whah. A lot of borders changed post WWII. Nowhere else in the world do I hear anybody bitch about how somebody else stole their grandfather's land... not even the American Indians, who got shafted much, much worse than any other culture I can think of.

Bullshit, international law dictate that you cannot keep land won in a war, yet Israel has not followed this law. Also, what about those "settlements", atleast they are pulling out of them now. And that fuckling wall they put up, while jewish people in america lobby to have no wall put at the mexican border. The chosen ones are major hypocrits.

--------------------
Capliberty:

Edited by alpharedecho (06/30/06 02:43 PM)

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #5807502 - 06/30/06 06:32 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

1. Jews moved out of Gaza
2. Palestinians elected Hamas.
3. Hamas kidnapped an Israeli citizen/solider, by going into the country itself (Israel)

In my book, any government sponsored kidnapping, is an act of WAR. Kill them and be done with it.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #5808483 - 07/01/06 01:08 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Kidnapping may be an act of war, but it is incredibly foolhardy to use it as a sole reason of invading a country, and also destroying their water systems and electrical grids. To me it looks like Collective punishment, Punish the entire country because of a couple kidnappings.

When FARC rebels in Colombia captured american citizens we didnt invade colombia, when the Iranians in '79 took the us embassy hostages it was worked out diplomatically (considering the fact we indirectly caused the iranian revolution because of backing the Shahs despised SAVAK which brutally reigned over Iranians)

To me its a joke when Israel says "We used all available options" They are flashing their might around the mideast by utterly destroying Gaza and then flying jets over Syrian airspace (And by no means do i support or condone Syria) Which is a violation of sovereignty.

Personally i dont know what organization took part in these kidnappings i heard they were backed by Iranian and Lebanese Hizbollah- according to http://www.memri.org/

Israel defenitely has some covert shit planned. They just better watch out cause that whole area can go off like a powder keg, and i defenitely dont want to see the US dragged into their shit. Which to me i already see happening in the world, Israels nose in our business and everyones business.

The truth is Israel only cares about Israel, Israel has also been spying in this country And could also be complicent in 9/11

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5815384 - 07/03/06 10:18 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
1. Jews moved out of Gaza
2. Palestinians elected Hamas.
3. Hamas kidnapped an Israeli citizen/solider, by going into the country itself (Israel)

In my book, any government sponsored kidnapping, is an act of WAR. Kill them and be done with it.

So the government sponsored kidnapping(arrest) of 1000's of palestinians was not an act of war on Israels behalf? Why the double standard?

--------------------
Capliberty:

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #5815392 - 07/03/06 10:20 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
Kidnapping may be an act of war, but it is incredibly foolhardy to use it as a sole reason of invading a country, and also destroying their water systems and electrical grids. To me it looks like Collective punishment, Punish the entire country because of a couple kidnappings.

When FARC rebels in Colombia captured american citizens we didnt invade colombia, when the Iranians in '79 took the us embassy hostages it was worked out diplomatically (considering the fact we indirectly caused the iranian revolution because of backing the Shahs despised SAVAK which brutally reigned over Iranians)

To me its a joke when Israel says "We used all available options" They are flashing their might around the mideast by utterly destroying Gaza and then flying jets over Syrian airspace (And by no means do i support or condone Syria) Which is a violation of sovereignty.

Personally i dont know what organization took part in these kidnappings i heard they were backed by Iranian and Lebanese Hizbollah- according to  <a href="MEMRI" target="_blank">http://www.memri.org/</a>

Israel defenitely has some covert shit planned. They just better watch out cause that whole area can go off like a powder keg, and i defenitely dont want to see the US dragged into their shit. Which to me i already see happening in the world, Israels nose in our business and everyones business.

The truth is Israel only cares about Israel,  Israel has also been spying in this country  And could also be complicent in 9/11

:thumbup: Finally someone who doesn't rely on the TV for all of their information.

--------------------
Capliberty:

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#5815450 - 07/03/06 10:45 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

"You're going to renounce violence!"

--------------------

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: So....Uh....What's going on over in Gaza? [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #5818367 - 07/04/06 12:08 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:

Personally i dont know what organization took part in these kidnappings i heard they were backed by Iranian and Lebanese Hizbollah- according to <a href="MEMRI" target="_blank">http://www.memri.org/</a>

The truth is Israel only cares about Israel, Israel has also been spying in this country And could also be complicent in 9/11

As much As I respect your thought, I must dissent.....

What would happen if the Mossad kidnapped Palestinians in Hamas????

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

OfflineTrepiodos
Disgustipated
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles County Jail
    #5818382 - 07/04/06 12:10 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I think that's happened already.

--------------------

And as things fell apart,
Nobody paid much attention...

- David Byrne, '(Nothing But) Flowers' from the Talking Heads' album, 'Naked'

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#5818885 - 07/04/06 05:04 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
What would happen if the Mossad kidnapped Palestinians in Hamas????

" 1 Israeli is being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 9,599 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel."

Quote:

Since the beginning of the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories in 1967, over 650,000 Palestinians have been detained by Israel. This forms approximately 20% of the total Palestinian population in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT). As the majority of those detained are male, the number of Palestinians detained forms approximately 40% of the total male Palestinian population in the OPT.

http://www.palestinemonitor.org/new_web/factsheet_prisoners.htm

Quote:

SUPPORT FOR PROTEST OF PALESTINIAN PRISONERS

August 17, 2004

Out of our beliefs in democracy, human rights and equality, we, European Jews for a Just Peace, support the call and protest of the Palestinian prisoners for a fundamental change in conditions of detention.
In doing so, we wish to stress our condemnation of the use Israeli authorities make of so-called "administrative detention" for imprisoning people for long periods of time without trial, as well as of the confining of minors together with adults and of other humiliating and/or arbitrary practices imposed on the prisoners themselves and on their relatives.
We call upon the European Union to demand yet again that international legality be respected and that they, together with human rights organizations monitor the conditions of Palestinian detainees in Israeli prisons to ensure that such illegal and abusive treatment is ended.

The EJJP Executive Committee

http://www.ejjp.org/main.asp?pagid=55

So basically, not only has the Mossad already kidnapped many Palestinians from the Hamas, but thousands of others as well, including women and children, who are being held in horrible conditions, are being tortured, and are either not being tried or face unfair trials:

"All such detainees should be released immediately or charged with specific crimes and put on trial, rights groups say.

But the Palestinian lawyers' NGO al-Haq says even when detainees are tried, the Israeli military authorities responsible for administering justice in the occupied territories overlook the standards of fair trials on several levels.

Alleged violations include depriving detainees of proper representation by counsels, the use of confidential evidence not disclosed to counsels or defendants, and giving evidence briefings in Hebrew without access to a translation.

The IDF denies the specific allegations and says it does everything to ensure fair trials, though it is hampered by the large numbers of people it says it must detain to ensure the safety of Israeli citizens."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3130623.stm

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds