Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: I miss the old shroomery [Re: it stars saddam]
    #5798501 - 06/28/06 05:54 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Sociopaths are born - contrary to the socially-produced notion of Charles Miles Manson. He was demonic, his vision demonic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: I miss the old shroomery [Re: Panoramix]
    #5798506 - 06/28/06 06:00 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry young hip-hopper, I didn't intend to insult your socially conscious, revolutionary wittle spirit.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: I miss the old shroomery [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5798682 - 06/28/06 09:06 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Any type of music can have depth or be devoid of it. At best one can only speak in generalities.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: I miss the old shroomery [Re: Icelander]
    #5799524 - 06/28/06 02:08 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I agree, but I see musical trends as an expression of the way one perceives the world. Check out how the fringey, threadbear, organic, non-polished look of the psychedelic 60s was created by the Psychedelic Experience. First things were somewhat garish and DayGlo (like Ken Kesey's trees in LaHonda - painted with the first DayGlo paint). Then the blacklight poster and outrageous costuming mellowed into more subtle expressions (by the early 70s). When disco appeared, it did so along with the surge of cocaine into our culture. Ego-enhancement and inflation gave rise to the donning of gold jewelry, tailored name-brand clothes, carefully coiffed hair, and a strutting male and glammed up female sexual persona. For a brief time, the Punk culture with its slam-dancing, violence, spiked hair and spiked jewelry seemed to reflect a PCP induced mentality.

Hip-hop culture has its drug use, but nowhere do I see anything remotely resembling a spiritual direction in one's human development. Ecology movements? Social action instead of mere angry adolescent attitude? A meditative life-style? Rockers don't fare much better if one takes standard radio stations as an indication of the collective consciousness. It's mostly adolescent 'angst' - lots of complaining. Somebody show me some idealism please! Realism quickly deteriorates into pessimism, nihilism, materialism without an idealism that derives from transcendental experiences.

The original rock-n-roll, Buddy Holly, Elvis, etc. reflected a derepression of sexuality, which was sorely needed at that time, but at this point, sexuality having passed through some attempts at the idyllic notions of the 60s, have now been recast into the pimp-prostitute sex of sex-as-commodity that the lowest levels of street society have always had. Gutter sex and its attendent misogyny characterize hip-hop as I perceive it, rock still sings provocatively about sex, but love is nowhere in sight in either of these main camps of common cultural composition. Violence to others/violence to self; death to others by gunfire/death to self by drug overdose. Thanatos and Eros - Root Chakra reality, occasionally rising to Manipura chakra power motives: mammalian territoriality in hip-hop/magical fantasies in rock.

Somebody turn me onto a transcendental sound! Please. If you can, it comes from few individual artists, but not any significant cultural movement.

More rant, but I'm not apologizing  :evil:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5799558 - 06/28/06 02:22 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Somebody turn me onto a transcendental sound! Please. If you can, it comes from few individual artists, but not any significant cultural movement.

Check out Tool.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #5799569 - 06/28/06 02:26 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not too into that style.. but I've heard some really good stuff. However the name of one artist that really blew me away eludes me at the moment. I believe they call it "conscious" hip hop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscious_hip_hop

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #5799823 - 06/28/06 03:41 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Read through these lyrics by the Black Eyed Peas. Every so often you hear stuff that is sending out a positive movement message.

Where is The Love?

What's wrong with the world mama?
People living like aint got no mamas
I think the whole worlds addicted to the drama
Only attracted to the things that bring you trauma
Overseas yeah we tryin to stop terrorism
But we still got terrorists here livin
In the USA the big CIA the Bloodz and the Crips and the KKK
But if you only have love for your own race
Then you only leave space to discriminate
And to discriminate only generates hate
And if you hatin you're bound to get irate
Yeah madness is what you demonstrate
And that's exactly how anger works and operates
You gotta have love just to set it straight
Take control of your mind and meditate
Let your soul gravitate to the love y'all

People killing people dying
Children hurtin you hear them crying
Can you practice what you preach
Would you turn the other cheek?
Father Father Father help us
Send some guidance from above
Cause people got me got me questioning
Where is the love?(where is the lovex3)(the love2x)

It just ain't the same all ways have changed
New days are strange is the world the insane?
If love and peace so strong
Why are there pieces of love that don't belong
Nations dropping bombs
Chemical gases filling lungs of little ones
With ongoing suffering
As the youth die young
So ask yourself is the loving really strong?
So I can ask myself really what is going wrong
With this world that we living in
People keep on giving in
Makin wrong decisions
Only visions of them livin and
Not respecting each other
Deny thy brother
The wars' going on but the reasons' undercover
The truth is kept secret
Swept under the rug
If you never know truth
Then you never know love
Where's the love y'all?(I don't know)
Where's the truth y'all?(I don't know)
Where's the love y'all?

Can practice what you preach
Father father father help us
Where is the love?(where is the lovex3)(the lovex2)

I feel the weight of the world on my shoulder
As I'm getting older y'all people get colder
Most of us only care about money makin
Selfishness got us followin the wrong direction
Wrong information always shown by the media
Negative images is the main criteria
Infecting their young minds faster than bacteria
Kids wanna act like what the see in the cinema
Whatever happened to the values of humanity
Whatever happened to the fairness and equality
Instead of spreading love, we're spreading anomosity
Lack of understanding, leading us away from unity
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feeling under
That's the reason why sometimes I'm feeling down
It's no wonder why sometimes I'm feeling under
I gotta keep my faith alive, until love is found

Can you practice what you preach
Father Father Father help us
Where is the love?(fade)

Real quick, I want to make mention to something you said Markos and I'm not even sure if anything I have posted here is what you are reffering too. You mentioned that you would like to see more of a scholarly approach taken to historicle texts.

For some of us, it started there and we kept going and digging and searching deeper and found our way to the source of where the wisdom of those texts came from, the celestial beings that have had an influence on human kind. Some times I use the word galactics "same difference".

The celestial beings that have been influencing and guiding human spiritual development and awareness are very much a part of my spiritual life, experience and heritage.  For some of us, the roots stop at historical texts and for some of us, we found they stretched even deeper out into the cosmos.

Though if I want to put up a post about the celestial angelics/galactics/star people, (all the same thing) I do it in MR&P now. Sometimes, someone puts up a post in here and I am inspired to make a reply that may make mention of them.

I don't understand why Pleiadian is such a dirty word around here when all they do is emit love light, and when directly experienced is overwhelming to a human form.

They more then any source or historical text have helped me to remember the love that is. They, more then any source, have offered me the wisest of guidance, understanding and support. They opened up so many beautiful realms of understanding for me. I would be 1/50th the person I am now without the "sweet influence of the pleiades" and that would be the 1/50th that is the worst of me.

Without them, I wouldn't even have found my way to this forum which has been a gift in my life sharing the journey with you all.

I had been doing a web search on Jesus's ties to the Pleiadians. My understanding was that Gabriel a Pleiadian Arch Angel, was the actual  Father that star seeded Jesus with Mary and that Mary came from a benevolent Lyran bloodline. Then I started hearing talk of the Sirians claiming to have sent him here and went digging. My search brought me to a post here in S&P. Now its two years later.

To some, they may be nothing more then ETs related to sci fi. To me they are very beautiful beings of light holding the vibration of love and very much a part of my spiritual awakening in this life.

If my mention of them here and there is off topic to you Markos or off topic Gibberish to you Icelander, my apologies. :japsmile:

Just posting this for some understanding of where I am coming from anyway if I bring them up.

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (06/28/06 04:11 PM)

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5799985 - 06/28/06 04:26 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Somebody turn me onto a transcendental sound! Please.

Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa.
Goa!

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: I miss the old shroomery [Re: Silversoul]
    #5800495 - 06/28/06 07:30 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I know that artist Alex Grey is into Tool, and they sport his art. What I've heard is fairly 'dark,' deep perhaps, but dark. Anything that is musically and lyrically given to soaring (by comparison: Jerry Garcia can evoke ecstatic states with his guitar for us)?  :confused:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: I miss the old shroomery [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5800515 - 06/28/06 07:37 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Goa.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: I miss the old shroomery [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5800544 - 06/28/06 07:47 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the lyrics G., I'd have to hear the music that goes with them.
As for your assumption about the existence of beings: like the Gnostic Archons and the entire medieval "Celestial Hierarchy" of beings, and the Sephira of the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, I take 'spiritual beings' of any name, tongue-in-cheek and metaphorical for certain spiritual 'events' that occur in life and the the personification of such events or principles. I do not assume objective existence, but it sounds like you do. To each her own, but Ultimately, there is only ONE, and celestial beings seem to have less 'actuality' than human beings, unless of course 'they' are simply our grasping at the incomprehensible Oneness of GOD through the 'compound eyes' of the dualism we are trapped in.

Moderns have tended to cast these celestial beings in terms of extraterrestrials over the seraphim, cherubim, powers, principalities, dominations, archangels and angels of antiquity. When 'The Chariots of the Gods' mentality re-interprets the mystical Merkabah (Throne) visions of the OT in terms of physical spacecraft, another age with another paradigm is evident. The Hindus would say that the Golden Age has given way to the Age of Iron (an alchemical analogy). I neither affirm or deny the existence of extraterrestrials or celestial beings, but I just don't see helping 'others' in a Arthur C. Clark kind of way. No offense  :wink:

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: I miss the old shroomery [Re: Silversoul]
    #5800571 - 06/28/06 07:55 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Check out Tool.

I recommend the song "Doot Doot" by Freur (released in 1993). It is the single most transcendental song imho, I've been listening to it at least once a week since 2004 when I discovered it.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Re: I miss the old shroomery [Re: Basilides]
    #5800583 - 06/28/06 07:59 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Doot Doot by Freur

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #5800587 - 06/28/06 08:01 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Ha! Could it be that perhaps Markos has participated with The Shroomery for this long without yet having a Shpongle Experience? :shocked:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Edited by fireworks_god (06/28/06 09:30 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: I miss the old shroomery [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5800594 - 06/28/06 08:04 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

If one is analyzing the correlations amongst substances and genres of musikk, Divine Moments of T should say it all, eh? :grin:

I have been without that experience, personally, but look forward to the oppurtunity! :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

#5800820 - 06/28/06 09:02 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I hope that the Shroomery, and this forum in particular, is a place where young Entheogenic Enthusiasts can better integrate their Experiences, thereby effecting permanent change in their Consciousness, so that they are not taken over by the seduction of corrupt secular culture and non-Enlightenment.

Amen! A friend of mine is like that.. he goes toward's LaVey's Satanism, New Age spiritual materialism and basically a Jim Morrison take on Eastern philosophy as a result of his psychedelic-taking. It is utterly annoying from my point of view. I've told him that all of this is basically bullshit and that it has nothing to do with actual inner experiences, but his understanding of Gnosticism and related esoterics as I explained it is almost pop-culture-esque, like Britney Spears' "interest" in Qabbalah. I don't like to bash what others revere, but I know a dead end when I see it. I don't see any good intentions in philosophical limbo.

I don't know why people read outside the lines when it comes to psychedelic tranformation when the center piece is so obvious. My original response to psychedelic experience was that it was pure, unadulterated Satanic evil, to cue in as to how intense it was. With none other than a psychic mindset, mysteries were being forced fed to me like a watermelon being jammed through a keyhole. I was fortunate enough to stumble onto the Shroomery's S&P (now P&S), though, because at the time I was mindfully addicted to what I was experiencing (I was tripping every weekend for several months at one point) yet at the same time I reviled my experiences as sinful - a no go zone for the Children of God, who aren't supposed to see the Holy One until the hereafter. I felt like the literal Eve. I couldn't put behind me what I had seen. It just kept lingering.

I was.... transformed.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: I miss the old shroomery [Re: Basilides]
    #5800832 - 06/28/06 09:07 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
I was.... transformed.

I actively maintain a list of sucipisions concerning who's who, and like to think that my sense of subtle nuances of everyone's posts throughout the years can be employed in detective work... :smirk:

Ahem. :smirk:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Edited by fireworks_god (06/28/06 09:17 PM)

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5800850 - 06/28/06 09:11 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

We are all Swami.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: I miss the old shroomery [Re: Veritas]
    #5800874 - 06/28/06 09:17 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Swami couldn't even get past me. :wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5800883 - 06/28/06 09:19 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

That's what YOU think. :smirk:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom