Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
A zillion damn pins.... *DELETED*
    #579435 - 03/15/02 06:28 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by TheCaptain

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: A zillion damn pins.... [Re: TheCaptain]
    #579440 - 03/15/02 07:00 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

good question...

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
    #579450 - 03/15/02 07:26 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like your casing is drying up!

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #579473 - 03/15/02 08:13 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

>>> Should they just leave them there and risk the contamination while continuing to mist daily?
if youre trying to initiate pinning; you shouldnt be misting. the primordia are still very young and sensitive and if you mist while theyre little they will abort. i only mist directly after a flush and a light misting sometimes the day after. if you mist pins they will abort though. if youre trying to rehydrate the casing; take my advice. if youre doing it for humidity get a drip/spray shield or only mist the walls and top of the terrarium. but if its just 1 casing in 1 single container with a lid you probably shouldnt even need to mist.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #579516 - 03/15/02 09:19 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

one way i've found to rehydrate a casing that's already pinning is to apply a thin [1/2 inch] layer of damp perlite onto the casing's surface for a couple days. the casing will suck the water out of the perlite, which you then remove, and gain the extra water needed without damaging the pins by direct misting.
another alternative is to use a syringe to inject small amounts of water directly into the casing beneath it's surface.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: A zillion damn pins.... [Re: Hippie3]
    #579541 - 03/15/02 09:47 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

ive heard of and tried injecting water via syringe into cakes only; not in casings but id assume it would be just as well.
ok after primordia form in most cubensis species how long does it take to reah full maturity? 4 days? 5 days? putting a wet layer f perlite on your casing for 2 or 3 days would just cover up the pins. id assume that a few could grow through or maybe even start to colonize the perlite. moreso how on earth do you remove this second casing layer of perlite?
it just seems hard to fathom that the pins are damaged by a misting/coating of water but if you lay a heavy layer of perlite on them they are ok.
hell i haven tried it; it may work but it seems like a HUGE hassle to have to remove this layer afterward and the only benefit would be an even supply of moisture thrughout the casing.
just mist 1 or 2 times before pins start and work with that; or the syringe method.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures