Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Can contaminated spore water be saved?
    #578324 - 03/13/02 11:56 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey I think this is my first post...ermmm hi to all the guys and gals i have talked to on #shroomery

I received some spore water from a friend and he says that he tested it shortly after sending it and that it is contaminated.... I trust him cos well he should know.. he made it, so is there any way i can keep the spores and kill any contams>??

at the moment the jars of spore water are sitting in my crisper waiting for something to be done....even if it is to bin it..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Can contaminated spore water be saved? [Re: mesq]
    #578339 - 03/14/02 12:07 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

>so is there any way i can keep the spores and kill any contams
Thre isn?t anything easily feasable you could do with it.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #578503 - 03/14/02 06:04 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think it's not worth it.
Anyway, you could give agar a shot and then make several transfers until you got healthy isolated growth, got to have some experience though.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #578636 - 03/14/02 10:03 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I spent a lot of time (several months) trying to salvage a bad print to test out my skills. It can be done but is very very difficult and not worth the time or expense. I would make an agar plate and transfer the contaminated spores. Once I got some mycelium+contamination growth going, I would transfer the cleanest looking area to a new agar plate. I have access to a very nice jacketed incubator and could tweak the environment (co2 and rh) to try and help the cubensis myclium while making it harder for the contamination to grow. I also had access to a nice microscope to view the plates and verify the existance of contamination. I had lots and lots of failure before I finally isolated clean mycelium. The amount of agar I went though would have easily paid for a new spore print... My conclusion was although fun, not worth the time or money.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

#579214 - 03/14/02 10:48 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If your spore water is contaminated it couldn't hurt to squirt it outside if you live in the right climate. It probably won't do anything but some people have had some luck with it.

Offlinerungi
journeymana

Re: Can contaminated spore water be saved? [Re: Karen]
    #579703 - 03/15/02 01:24 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i read somewhere you can suspend the spores in water and then filter the water first with a micron filter just a a little smallle and than use a filter just a little larger than the spore size.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale