Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineeman
Stranger
Whats up everyone. Im new to this and i found some mushrooms growing in my yard
    #5787060 - 06/24/06 07:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i found these and i was wondering what they were. it had rained and they were next to my sidewalk . cap is mostly white with browning on the edges. Cap is roughly 3" and stem is about 4"https://files.shroomery.org/files/06-25/119173302-shroom1_001.jpg][/url]

Edited by eman (06/24/06 08:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Whats up everyone. Im new to this and i found some mushrooms growing in my yard [Re: eman]
    #5787177 - 06/24/06 08:19 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Read this first!

It looks like it could be a Agaricus not active maybe edible. Consider it non active and non edible till you get more info up and get someone else with more experience to id it.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlineeman
Stranger
Re: Whats up everyone. Im new to this and i found some mushrooms growing in my yard [Re: eman]
    #5787735 - 06/24/06 11:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

thanks 4 the info. i got the cap in a glass right now.

Offlineeman
Stranger
    #5788812 - 06/25/06 10:08 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

heres what it looks like after a night in a glass.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #5788890 - 06/25/06 10:52 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Can you tell me what color that is. It looks dark enought to be black but still looks like maybe a heavy deposit of brown spores.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #5788912 - 06/25/06 11:03 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

eman said:

....Uhhh, what part of that link did you read???
INFORMATION!

Looks like a black (maybe brown)spore print- typical of Agarics.
Damn that is one soggy print!!! Heh, nice job though, I get sick of seeing 1hr prints that I have to squint to make out... Next time, you don't need the cup. That should help keep the condensation and wetness to a low. A cup is useful in a particularly breezy area or if you were to use the print to inoculate and wished to avoid possible contams, but I never use a cup for prints meant for ID purposes only.

The stem appears to bruise a reddish-brown. It is certainly not active. I'd bet an Agaric, but for a specific species ID we will need the info.

--------------------

Offlineeman
Stranger
Re: Whats up everyone. Im new to this and i found some mushrooms growing in my yard [Re: CureCat]
    #5788979 - 06/25/06 11:38 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

print color is a deep brown, almost black. stem bruise is brown and reddish brown. thanks for the advice too.

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Whats up everyone. Im new to this and i found some mushrooms growing in my yard [Re: CureCat]
    #5789094 - 06/25/06 12:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CureCat said:
Quote:

eman said:

....Uhhh, what part of that link did you read???
INFORMATION!

Looks like a black (maybe brown)spore print- typical of Agarics.
Damn that is one soggy print!!! Heh, nice job though, I get sick of seeing 1hr prints that I have to squint to make out... Next time, you don't need the cup. That should help keep the condensation and wetness to a low. A cup is useful in a particularly breezy area or if you were to use the print to inoculate and wished to avoid possible contams, but I never use a cup for prints meant for ID purposes only.

The stem appears to bruise a reddish-brown. It is certainly not active. I'd bet an Agaric, but for a specific species ID we will need the info.

Nuff Said..
Good ID Cat..

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: O.C . S o. C a l .
Re: Whats up everyone. Im new to this and i found some mushrooms growing in my yard [Re: YESSUP]
    #5789285 - 06/25/06 02:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Very nice on the close up shots and spore prints....and taking a pic of it :thumbup:....most people interprate the color wrong anyways so good you got a shot :wink:.....those ones can almost appear black but are considered a dark CHOCOLATE BROWN like many active Psilocybe can have....and the added extra shots of the top of the cap and stems can always help with an identification....

Definately have non active Agaricus there as mentioned....some species can be toxic.......and the common (if there is such a thing anymore) store mushrooms are Agaricus such as Portabellas, criminis and the typical shroom you get on your pizza....all Agaricus.

Just a little trick with these ones sometimes is just take a little nick out of the bottom of the stem and rub it between your fingers and see what you smell.....good :laugh:... bad :frown:....??? 

--------------------
Worlds Largest 'Liberty Cap' (Cali Libs Confirmed !)
' Comments On Hallucinogenic Agarics And The Hallucinations Of Those Who Study Them '
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Whats up everyone. Im new to this and i found some mushrooms growing in my yard [Re: shroominDole]
    #5791628 - 06/26/06 06:12 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shroominDole said:

Just a little trick with these ones sometimes is just take a little nick out of the bottom of the stem and rub it between your fingers and see what you smell.....good :laugh:... bad :frown:....??? 

...Specifically, what sort of odor should you be smelling for??  I mean, good scents and bad scents are rather subjective, I don't lappreciate the same smell of things that my sister does, and vice versa.
Also, dun think this is a sufficient means of identification alone, if you are actually considering to eat the mushroom... 
But you know what, just making it clear... this may be a useful technique when considered along with other methods.  :smile:

--------------------

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Loc: CT
    #5791665 - 06/26/06 07:23 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Edited by nobhdy (06/26/06 07:24 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils