Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Green Mold vs Nephlyte. Winner: Green Mold
    #5790664 - 06/25/06 09:40 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Well, i had a bin of 8 growing fine. First flush went good. One cake got green mold. So i threw it out. Then i dunked the remaining 7 cakes. While i was dunking them, i went ahead and threw out all the perlite and replaced it with new perlite. I also took the bin that they were in and washed the sides down with alcohol. I washed the lid also. I also planned to birth 8 more into another bin. I did the same cleaning with that bin.

So, i get another flush out of the first 7. And i got a flush out of the second batch of 8. Then this last week all of a sudden i just kept loosing more and more to green mold. Now i've only got 4, but i'm sure those will go bad soon enough.

Anyone else had endless problem with green mold? How did you solve it? Does anyone have any advice on how to keep this stuff from coming back?

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Green Mold vs Nephlyte. Winner: Green Mold [Re: Nephlyte]
    #5791226 - 06/26/06 12:47 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

>Anyone else had endless problem with green mold? How did you solve it?

By cleaning your home REALLY well. And everything that is inside.

Offlinedohminator
Re: Green Mold vs Nephlyte. Winner: Green Mold [Re: Nephlyte]
    #5791552 - 06/26/06 03:07 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Yes! Right now we are facing the same problem as you. We had 3/4 of our first casings go bad. Then we did another 7 casings and 6 of those have gone bad.

We are going to clean like crazy tomorrow, but also, we have resolved ourselves to using the fuck out of lysol and oust in our grow closet. Also, we are going to try to use methods that allow for less exposure of everything to the air.

Hopefully this will help to resolve the problems.

OfflineCapless
Student
 User Gallery

Re: Green Mold vs Nephlyte. Winner: Green Mold [Re: dohminator]
    #5791579 - 06/26/06 03:22 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I would suggest making a once nice clean room. It would be easier than cleaning your house every few days/weeks if you ask me. Try to make it a place off to the side, but not too far away from anywhere you need to do some 'work' to your crop.

--------------------
http://www.toolband.com/
"... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember, We are eternal.
all this pain is an illusion...."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies