Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbstractSoul

what to do about pins on the side *DELETED*
    #578920 - 03/14/02 04:35 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Post deleted by AbstractSoul

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
house is a spiritual thing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
Re: what to do about pins on the side [Re: AbstractSoul]
    #578973 - 03/14/02 05:34 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Don't touch the casing. Too many things can happen by doing this. Wait till you have alittle more experaince(spelling?).
Their are afew things you can do in your sitsuation(spelling).
Being that your new to the hobby(at least I think), I would recommend that you recover the side's with some casing material but don't cover the shrooms. Make sure you leave them untouch! The casing material should be somewhat moist at best. After this is completed carry-on as you normaly would :^)
Like I said there are afew things that can be done, but I do belive this would be in your best interest, if your conserned about it. You can just leave the casing alone and it will be fine.
You might and up with less shrooms in the long run.....but hey...live and learn brother :^)
GoodLuck!

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

OfflineAbstractSoul

Re: what to do about pins on the side [Re: fiddler4u]
    #579001 - 03/14/02 06:02 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

well, im kinda new...i've grown with cakes succesfully a few times with different strains. just wanted to give casing a try- seems like it worked pretty well other than me not covering the sides of the tupperware enough. if i cover the pins with more casing won't the pins still grow from the side, not solving the problem? also how would i cover them without taking the casing out/touching it? if i did have to touch it, i don't think it would be a problem. i have done a lot with cakes like cutting away sections and stuff that isn't recommended and have always turned out alright. i'm just afraid if i take the casing out of the tupperware that it might fall apart or something.

--------------------
house is a spiritual thing

Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
    #579015 - 03/14/02 06:12 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Yes....thats the whole idea. Theirs not alot you can do about the shrooms comeing from the side's. However if you cover the side's up then this will help keep the moisture in. Other wise you might not get alot of flushes, or your flushes will be very weak. Now if you would rather get your hands all dirty then you could always grab the casing and recase it......but I don't think this would be in your best interst. All and all it's up to you!

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

Offlinegirlskater
***meow***

Loc: Here
    #579024 - 03/14/02 06:19 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

flip it out and birth it like a pf cake? that's probably what i would do. i mean sure it might fall apart a bit... just do a better job next time.
flip it right out like a cake in a pan

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds