Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiam_craig
laid back son ofa bitch
Loc: the state running away fr...
am i doomed
    #578931 - 03/14/02 04:54 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

well, i swear when im done getting mushrooms im giving all my spores to people in this forum, you guys are the best

well, the mycelium shot right through the top layer of casing, the mycelium looks like its reaching out to the sky, lol, i read earlier that its just grabbing water,
but the problem is there are no pins. at all...what do i do? last night i cold shocked it, and i have light on it, the air is fine, the humidity is fine....fucking puerto ricans lol.
its my first time so i can't tell, but its looks like an "overlay" check it out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiam_craig
laid back son ofa bitch
Re: am i doomed [Re: iam_craig]
    #578936 - 03/14/02 04:57 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
    #578981 - 03/14/02 05:40 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Hard to tell from the pics. If you do have over lay you'll still get a shit load of shrooms regardless. Do you see any hyphal knots? How long ago did you coldshock?
Just wait my friend....their on the way :^)
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

Offlineiam_craig
laid back son ofa bitch
Re: am i doomed [Re: fiddler4u]
    #578984 - 03/14/02 05:44 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

well i dont know what hyphal knots are. i guess i have to do even MORE reading lol!
uhh i cold shocked last night..and im going to do it one more time tonight for about 6 -8 hours

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #579321 - 03/15/02 01:01 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

That is a terrible picture.....but it doesn't look like you have overlay......yet.

Don't keep cold shocking the casing.....geezzzzz

Put it in the fruiting chamber and let it fruit.

It might be a week before you see pins.

Relax......time takes time.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlineiam_craig
laid back son ofa bitch
Re: am i doomed [Re: Roadkill]
    #579416 - 03/15/02 05:42 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

yeah my cam doesn't get any clearer than that...i'll just leave it in terrarium and put some light on it, thanks

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
    #579422 - 03/15/02 06:02 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

you are not doomed-
it seems to me that you are doing everything right but a few things-
1)stop cold shocking,you already did it 1 time-they will fruit when they get good and ready too-
2)you will learn that our fungi friends are real weird to watch grow-they just kinda do their own thing and all you do is kinda help them out-if they dont want to fruit yet-they wont-but they will eventually
3)seems to me what you need to work on most of all is the paitence part of cultivating fungi-i have never cold shocked a cake or casing-no matter if it is not fruiting fast enough for me-i just let them do their own thing-i never get overlay-i never get contams-i start them in jars then leave them-then case them or cake them and leave them-i fan 1 time a day and then i leave them-
what im tryin to say is everything will be fine-you are doing great-just sit back smoke a fatty and chill-your almost there dude :smile: 

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

#579423 - 03/15/02 06:02 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

you are not doomed-
it seems to me that you are doing everything right but a few things-
1)stop cold shocking,you already did it 1 time-they will fruit when they get good and ready too-
2)you will learn that our fungi friends are real weird to watch grow-they just kinda do their own thing and all you do is kinda help them out-if they dont want to fruit yet-they wont-but they will eventually
3)seems to me what you need to work on most of all is the paitence part of cultivating fungi-i have never cold shocked a cake or casing-no matter if it is not fruiting fast enough for me-i just let them do their own thing-i never get overlay-i never get contams-i start them in jars then leave them-then case them or cake them and leave them-i fan 1 time a day and then i leave them-
what im tryin to say is everything will be fine-you are doing great-just sit back smoke a fatty and chill-your almost there dude :smile: 

--------------------

Offlineiam_craig
laid back son ofa bitch
Re: am i doomed [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #579425 - 03/15/02 06:05 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

alright, hahaha i guess i do need to chill out, i wake up every morning to go check on the process of the casing. this stuff gets exciting sometimes whatever i'll leave it alone now

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

#579430 - 03/15/02 06:17 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

i check mine every morning(i have 10 casings right now and 10 cakes fruiting,and 46 jars incobating)fan them, check all the temp and humidity gauges, then i sit down at my computer(its in my grow lab as well)smoke a fatty of dank and spend most of the day working on my computer-its great to be working in the same room as them,so you dont miss a thing- :smile: 

--------------------

OfflinePachanguero
    #579436 - 03/15/02 06:35 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

Roadkill and Ganja are right. Just need to coldshock once, if even that.

I've got my first Puerto cake fruiting now. All I did was stick the jar in the 'fridge for a day before I birthed it. Now about 10 days later, I've got lil' happy friends coming out to greet me.

Oh yeah, and those tentacles of mycelium trying to give me a hug too.....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags