Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline2shrewmen
deep seadwellers

Loc: Bikini Bottom
Re: should i waste my money? [Re: rain_angel]
    #580263 - 03/16/02 01:50 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This vast wealth of information can become overwhelming for newbies such as us. I'm so glad I discovered this message board AFTER we inoculated our first jars. Otherwise I'd still be frettin' over which tek to use, instead of having cakes in the fruiting chamber. Just do it. shrewman1 30 days? Our first jars were colonized in 13 days. Just cleaned out the cupboard above the fridge (nice & warm) and stuck the jars in.

Edited by 2shrewmen (03/16/02 02:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: should i waste my money? [Re: rain_angel]
    #580537 - 03/16/02 11:29 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

inocculation is the process of moving the spores from the syringe into the jars (injecting them). it needs to be done in a clean environment (such as, but not limited to, a glovebox).
im going to assume your 'fishtank method' just means using a fishtank for your fruiting chamber.
put the fishtank in teh bathtub and put some water in it and some handsoap or something. now take a razor blade and scrape all your crap from the inside walls. razors work very well for this ive done it myself.
>>>also, when sterlizing, do i have to go as far as clean the whole kitchen, wear all white, mask, and all that you would imagine a supieror (spelling) sterlie kitchen to be?
when boiling or pcing my jars i just run 1" tap water into my PC; put jars in and heat to 15psi. THEN start timing and cook for 45 minutes. after 45 min i turn the stove off and move the PC to a cooler burner to cool off. once pressure is stabilized i take the jars to my basement; shake the shit outta them (using rye; dont try to shake BRF/verm) and set them upside down on the cold concrete floor. this distributes moisture back to the top of the jars and cools them in an hour or so. i dunno if this needs to be mentioned or not but th ecovering foil on the jars stays on the whole time; ultil about 80% colonization that is. think about it; once the jars are sterilized and sealed the only way for contams to get in is the 4 holes in your lid. unless you open the foil and let the baddies in; it doesnt matter if theyre present outside or not. i dont even wash my hands when pcing jars. couse i have a pretty bad habit of not following sterile procedures at all in a lot of cases; but if you focus on the primary objectives of what you are doing; you will see wht is necessary and what is not. logic and deductive reasoning really are worthwhile :smile:

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale