Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
looks like coffee grounds
    #578063 - 03/13/02 05:40 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

i am having a very tuff time with a contaminate that looks like finely ground coffee grounds, maybe just a shade or two darker, but the consistency excactly.... ive looked everywhere, and cant find out what it is.
what ever it is, its SUPER fast growing. ive removed 3 jars so far, 2 of those was 1/4 infected defore any mycelium had started to grow( 1 day growth), the last one has outgrowed the mycelium 5/1.
i was thinking it may even be ergot, since i use rye flour, but seems like the pc would kill it...

any help would be appreciated

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: looks like coffee grounds [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #578398 - 03/14/02 01:52 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

Maybe black pin mold?

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: looks like coffee grounds [Re: Joshua]
    #578507 - 03/14/02 06:10 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

i really dont think so, that was my first thought too, but it looks nothing like the bpm that ive seen picks of. im sorta of getting the feeling it may have something to do with the rye flour. the local health food store dont get much business ( i bought some herbal tea i love there, but i hadnt been able to find elsewhere, and the exp date was 2000 lol ) im sorta leaning to break down of the flour, as apposed to actual contams.. wish i could get a pick of it, but you still wouldnt be able to see it well, its a real fine matter, and it seems to only grow right where the flour is, sorta replace it, it dont grow all over the place like green mold, or other contams.

is it possible for flour to get to old, or become unusable?

ok, after looking wayyyyyyyyy back i think i finally found it. THIS PIC IS NOT MINE< BUT FROM ANOTHER POST in my case, the contam isnt this severe

oh well, was hoping to get lucky lol to da bleach da bitches go

OH MY...took the 3 jars outside, opened them, and filled with straight bleach....after letting it soak a few, dumped it where i was wanting to kill the grass anyway. took a hoe, and broke them up, and ALL of the insides were black, even tho not a lot of contam showed on the outside. glad i didnt try to save em, or open em in the house.

--------------------

Edited by ChromeCrow (03/14/02 08:14 AM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: looks like coffee grounds [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #578631 - 03/14/02 09:54 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

It is safer to submerge the jars in a bleach solution and then open them up. Less chance of spores becoming airborn and ending up inside of you.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: looks like coffee grounds [Re: Seuss]
    #578677 - 03/14/02 10:49 AM (22 years, 20 days ago)

thanks for the tip, next time i will do it that way

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale