Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiam_craig
laid back son ofa bitch
Loc: the state running away fr...
simple question
    #577666 - 03/13/02 06:49 AM (22 years, 21 days ago)

when i was sterilizing my jars in a pot with lid, i guess this time a few of my jars started to cook. and i can tell the BRF started to expand. the mycelium seems to be eating around the cooked areas, lol
so now they will never colonize the hole jar...n/p
i thought maybe if i get some sterile water + BRF and put it in a jar (sterilize again of corse, without cooking) and then drop a small chunk of the colinized part of the VERM and BRF, could i make a mycelium extract? so i can just make more jars and extract the water with a syringe and inject it into a fresh jar?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDarkShiv
Stranger
Re: simple question [Re: iam_craig]
    #577740 - 03/13/02 09:12 AM (22 years, 21 days ago)

When you said simple question I was thinking more along the lines of "When to pick." or "Do you think this green shit growing on my casing is bad."

Anyway, The jar that you are talking about will colonize. It will take away to penetrate the BRF if you leave it in the jar. If you have a very steril enviornment you could take it out of the jar and the spot will colonize in a matter of 2-3 days, depending on how big the spot it.

You could create more jars the way you said below just by dropping the small chunk of mycelium and vermiculite into the new jars. There would be no need to try and extract any thing. It would take the jars a little longer to colonize seeing that the jars aren't drowned in spores but instead growing from a central location but it would work just fine.

There would either have to be spores or mycelium present in your syringe for you to be able to inject new jars with your water idea. Neither of which are likely to be so if you try what you described. Just birth that bad boy or use chunks and plant in fresh jars.

Offlineiam_craig
laid back son ofa bitch
Loc: the state running away fr...
Re: simple question [Re: DarkShiv]
    #578268 - 03/13/02 10:27 PM (22 years, 20 days ago)

great, thanks for helping me out, im going to do what you said and take the chunks out of the cake and put them in new cakes, i guess there is really know need to make an extract....
you think i could make it with like honey water or something though?
(envolves taking a chunk of mycelium + BRF + VERM, and dropping it in sterile honey + water)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag