Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Rubbermaid, petrol, and mutations - a question
    #5780432 - 06/22/06 01:04 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

So, I was considering something -
Most rubbermaid containers are in fact made of plastic. Now, plastic is a petrol product. Petrol products cause mutations.
In theory, wouldn't rubbermaid containers NOT be the best choice to use? I've used them all along and have never had much trouble, but I think the possibility is there.

Or is the level of petrol too low?

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSickShroomer
Retired Shroom Master
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Rubbermaid, petrol, and mutations - a question [Re: wiggles]
    #5780465 - 06/22/06 01:18 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Petroleum in plastic is insoluble. So it wouldn't be able to get into the mycelium as say vegetable oil would. Least this is my take on it.

--------------------
Going to miss the PNW gatherings.

I'm not here trying to make anyone feel stupid or to make myself feel good by putting ppl down. I am just here to help fellow shroomerites in there grows. I do this to keep my own knowledge fresh, and to help everyone succeed!

Offlinekranked
it'smushtastic!!

Re: Rubbermaid, petrol, and mutations - a question [Re: SickShroomer]
    #5780652 - 06/22/06 02:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I do believe the plastic in a rubbermaid bin is a petroleum derivative. True, gasoline is also a petroleum derivative, but they both have very different chemical structures at the end of the day. If this was the case we wouldn't be using plastic containers to store food/medicines/etc.

--------------------
"When it went off in New Mexico, that first atomic bomb, we thought of Alfred Nobel and his hope, his vain hope, that dynamite would put an end to all war"

-Robert Oppenheimer 1945

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rubbermaid, petrol, and mutations - a question [Re: SickShroomer]
    #5780699 - 06/22/06 02:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SickShroomer said:
Petroleum in plastic is insoluble. So it wouldn't be able to get into the mycelium as say vegetable oil would. Least this is my take on it.

people put vegetable oil straight into substrates.  its not commonly done but if you look for the "alien substrate recipe" its out there, and even that doesn't cause mutations.  then again vegetable oil comes from... vegetables... not petroleum. :smile:

Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Rubbermaid, petrol, and mutations - a question [Re: creamcorn]
    #5780711 - 06/22/06 02:46 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

True.. people also use petrolium jelly, etc. I wasn't sure if it was just being near anything petrol-related that affected the mush or if it was solely direct contact.

We've all heard horror stories about people spraying lysol into a FC and then having monster mushies that try to take over their homes, lol.

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate